TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

I know alot of the topics I made now has been done before, I just want to at least try to give this place some semblance of life.

I do see your point, and certainly the AVP franchise has been debated to death. But why is it that most of the other AVP fansites like AVPGalaxy, Aliensvspredator.net (granted this is about the new game but it's not like we can't talk about it as well) still have new topics from time to time and have a good number of active members?

Fact of the matter is, most people don't come as often (or at all) like they used to. When I first joined, you look at the lastest vists section and those members logged in around the same exact time (compared to now which is hours apart). The RPG's have new posts almost every hour, and before you even have a chance to post yours, a new one appears.

So even if the matter of the franchise not having much left is true, the lack of active members also contribute to the site's decline.

PS. Apologies for wall of text

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

"But why is it that most of the other AVP fansites like AVPGalaxy, Aliensvspredator.net (granted this is about the new game but it's not like we can't talk about it as well) still have new topics from time to time and have a good number of active members?"

Well that's easy. It's because i haven't been there over the course of several years to answer topics with all the different opinions i've learned from the other members, on a tone that shuts most people up and drives most noobs away and at the same time enocurage other members to do give the same kind of answers.

Cetanu-655, Yautja, 14 years ago

qustion. How do i improve my rank on here?

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

by participating in chats, that is on topic.

By participating in rpg's, when we do have them.

By asking a very good question, where everyone posts at on topic.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Daveberg's back?

... Hell just froze over.

the_doctor, Yautja, 14 years ago

pigs just flew past my window too.

welcome back dave

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 14 years ago

Sup guys. I think I'll start checking in every once in a while now. The fact that my clan is dead and buried kinda took my motivation..but I will try my best to post regularly again.

daveberg, Yautja, 14 years ago

A cold day in hell indeed....

TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

xeno_slayer: Don't worry, I think that's the state of the majority of the clans right now. I mean, I'm not even sure if there's anyone besides me and 1 other person in my clan who even posts anymore. But that's why I'm trying to post more here, just to keep the site alive as long as I can I suppose.

predatoress, Yautja, 14 years ago

DD - you're wrong, hell froze over already when Finland won the Eurovision with Lordi... My gawd...

I'm surprised to see Dave around here though. I thought he would be smart enough to stay off lol jk Nice to see though that the "oldies" are checking the site once in a while.

daveberg, Yautja, 14 years ago

Not smart enough in my old age....Just returned to sig making now back over at Liquid GFX. Anyone wants me - that's where you'll find me...

(Shameless plug)

hyroglphsarenice, Yautja, 14 years ago

Just thought I'd stop in, say hello and wonder if anyone i know still might be around

Shadowwall, Yautja, 14 years ago

Wazaaa srry to interrupt but don't forget the newbies :D

we will rule the future off this forum so pay attention to us :D

although i'm probably not the joungest on this forum :p

Wazaaa srry bye :D

Holy shit, dave and hyro on the same page, i thought this was one of those old threads.

Gaunt, Yautja, 14 years ago

Shadowwall you will never rule as long as there are "rookies" like me here to stop you -insert stupid laughing emoticon here-

More like you will never rule as long as you keep saying "wazaaaaaaa".

Hey Gaunt i was talking "we" not me
we should work tohether as fellow aliens to rule all
MUHAHAHAHAHA

wazaaaa stands for my strange, strong and nice nature :D
and my emoticons are used because i'm a happy guy that's all there is to it. With all the vionece on the forums these days some guys need to cheer it up that's wy :D

So yet again iv'e posted a non-topic relevant reply xD
i'm going to get banned for this :D

anyway you havn't seen the last of me ahhahahah...

Peterson, Yautja, 14 years ago

Good Morning ladies and Gentleman. you older members all know me but to you newer members hello, It is I the great Peterson! I have returned aftet three long months of hell in San Deigo! As i said before I left I was at Boot Csmp for the United States Marine Corps. Well the time on deck is aproximatly 1:35 am in San Deigo, yestetday my company graduated From Marine Corps. Recruit Training at Marine Corps Recruit Depo San Deigo. I graduated from 3rd Battalion Company Mike Platoon 3267 Senior Drill Instructer Staff Sergeant Tibanna. And I just want to say its great to be back i got my MOS which is 0847 Artillery Meteroligy Man. I look forward to talking with you all again!

[IMG]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Matt7150/Mobile%20Uploads/SNC00090.jpg[/IMG]

Holy shit congrats!

HISSSS respect my queen