-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Red's Crusher is the one following you, so that was a perfect way to get its attention. There's also a Praetorian and Spitter.

Endgame for me is to fight Doc in or at the top of the pyramid away from everyone else for a definite 1v1, so with the current situation at hand, I'm not sure how I'm gonna get to that. I know you and DD want to fight actual player-controlled Xenos, so the three big Xenos are definitely gonna die, but not without doing something that alters the story since I spent all this time building up their intro. Jim was always meant to die when I did, so he can't be killed or captured (at least, not for long, and he can't ever be away from me while I'm fighting someone).

Also, Phone and Dto have to do something too, otherwise they were a huge waste of time.

Any ideas?

FireHunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

I could have my character detect their shed (If that's the direction in which we're heading) and come crashing through it if you'd like?

No, I don't want them to die, I'm just trying to figure out a way to tie them into the big picture again, since they're just sort of there at the moment.

Anyway, we aren't actually headed to the shed, I'm just following Jim, who's currently running toward the Predator ship at the other corner of the map to steal an escape pod to Earth. This is how I want to meet up with Doc - I stow away on the ship while Jim's gonna enter the control room thinking it's where the escape pods are; he inevitably pilots the main ship right into the top of the pyramid, causing most of my NPC Xenos to die in the explosion. Doc and I survive somehow and we begin fighting on top of the crumbling pyramid/ship, all while Jim narrates it.

I wanted to branch off from the rest of the free-for-all in order for this to happen, but I can't decided how I want to do that, because obviously your characters currently have no reason to NOT follow both me and Red. Maybe Jim and I get to the ship before you all do because CH and DD catch up?

I don't know whether Pv2 wants in on MY fight or yours.

As for Phone, I'm still not sure what to do with him.

Edit: It looks like all I'm having Phone wait for CH and DD to capture Jim. Red's Runner, Roots, showed up at their shed. For reasons I don't really know, Roots is neutral toward Phone, which is another plot-point I made up on the fly.

I originally had huge plans for WTC and the Runner showing up at Phone's shed, but I scrapped them after realizing I'd have spent a long time writing about NPC characters that no one cares about, which admittedly I've already spent way too much time doing. I guess I sort of went overboard with the whole Jim thing, who was originally supposed to be invisible to everyone.

I'll introduce WTC to the battle, and then after that, they're all yours to write for - kill them off if you want, I think the most they can do at this point is just slow you guys down so Jim and I can get to the ship before you all do.

And now I'm going to incorporate Phone into my fight with Doc. I'll have him get fed up with all the delays and just go after Jim himself.

I never said kill them, I just meant to include them.

Although CH and DD appearing would probably over-ride everything, as my character would probably want revenge for its death earlier on.

Yeah, and that probably wouldn't be fair to who you're righting now, unless you could turn it into a free-for-all between you guys or somehow equally divide everything.

I know how this is gonna end on my part, but I guess I mixed you guys into some stuff that I can't reorganize.

I don't think I'm actually fighting anyone at the moment, I chased BadApple into the forest but abandoned my chase to tackle you to allow for Jim's escape.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'll have something tomorrow. We're going back on the road again.

Depending on your post, I may or may not post tomorrow.

@FH: Oh, alright. In any case, even if I COULD organize everything, I feel like I shouldn't because it's ultimately everyone else's decision where they end up. It seems like there are no pairings set in stone right now - the entire thing is a huge battle royale with people switching opponents every post.

I know I set you guys up for that, and I regret making it so complicated, but if we're gonna end this properly with people dying, we're gonna have to pair up soon.

At this point, though we're not there in the story yet, I'm already paired up with Doc (and probably Pv2). I'm assuming FH is going to fight CH and DD... while BA and Kirby fight DL and Tawganator? I dunno. Like I said, it's ultimately your guys's decision.

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

I feel like maybe its better if we dont plan it, In my next post I'll have phone explain to me and DD the whole thing.

We can then choose what to do from there. I think having the whole "queen replacing" deal explained to us would give us a lot more guidance and ability to work within the plot.

As far as i'm aware once me and DD know whats going on our next course of action is to find Doc for some explanation.

Sounds fine to me. As long as we're all happy where we end up.

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 11 years ago

The only reason I have not posted is it seems most everyone has a set goal that they want to meet and I really don't want to ruin the plot here in some way shape or form. In better terms: I'm confused and too scared to post.

No dude, go ahead and join in. The only ones who seem to have the endgame set is me and Doc. All that other stuff I was talking about were just suggestions.

Edit: I'm going to make a recap post to set up for the end, since we're sort of in an intermission right now with no one posting.

Edit: It's up.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Sorry for the wait, guys, I'll try to post by Friday.

tawganator, Yautja, 11 years ago

Thanks for the recap Bloo.

No problem, it was a good excuse to post during this "drought." Let me know if I left anything out or need to clarify something.

RPG's used to be about fucking up intergalactic monsters.

Now its like reading James Joyce Ulysses on acid.

Quick clarification Bloo.

1. Is Doc Evil?

2. Who was i distracting when i ran into that field shooting people while telling DD to grab jim.

And Bloo, I'm going to ask the one question that sums this up to DOC when we see him. Yes you know the one i mean!

Bit abstract but oh well.

I popped the question

the_doctor, Yautja, 11 years ago

Looks like I showed up at the right time. Feels like I need "Last time on 'The Rain'" update every time I come on. I'm gonna press forward with a post seeing as I've been sitting in a tree for like a month now. Pv2 hasn't emailed me any more logs so for the moment I'm gonna just go with the general gist that was the elder council wanting Pv2 and by extension myself dead for being just too damned good looking.

@ CH I don't think this conspiracy stuff really allows for a good or evil situation. just good ole moral ambiguity. POSTING SOON!!!1!

Shit dude, it's a good thing I just posted a recap. Looks like our fight's finally happening!

@CH: I had no idea what you meant till I read your post. Suddenly everything was clearer than Fiji water in a wine glass.

1. What Doc says is true, but for all intents and purposes, he is indeed more on your side than the Elder Council's. (Unless he retcons that in his next post.)

2. I'm not sure what you mean, but you might be referring to Red's Praetorian/Spitter/Crusher, who have been following you for a few posts. If you don't want them following you for our encounter with Phone and Doc, you could write in that you distracted those 3 Xenos enough that they couldn't keep up.

I'll write my next post after Doc's.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well look's like me and Tawganator might be facing off against BadApple and Kirby-Cage sooner or later.

@Tawganator, Kirby and BadApple

You guys up for that?

Anywho, I have no intentions in dying in the RPG.