Lone_Hunter2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Quick clarifaction: I exited before the HM ship was in low orbit and landed in the forest.

Edit: yeah the ten lines Imiss aswell whenever I read the aliens post.

Edit: as for the location, if it hasn't been agreed upon yet, I was thinking somwhere in South America due to the Forest.

xeno_slayer, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Gene-we'll say that the smoke trail you saw was lonehunter's drop pod.
that way you might be able to associate the introduction of his character with seein the trail earlier.

Kidd, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Sorry for the few posts that I am making, but it is all due to my computer chopping off people's posts. I have to resort to people copying and pasting the RPG to another site for me to read and follow through to type my own posts.

Now, to talk about the matter at hand;
The DBO Clan within the RPG are a debatable team. The action I am gonna take to them is; don't fire unless being fired upon.

Still need to sew ties with the W-Y Corporation Military, so that Alpha Draconis can work together with them.

The rest, Xenomorph and Yautja, they will always be shown hostility from the marines.

That's what I believe and actions I'll be taking due to the introductory of the RPG.
Hopefully this sort out any confusion.

GeneWells, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Saysell, I do not approve of your obvious godmodding, you ignored several of our previously stated security measures. If you had of fully RPed out how you had snuck up then maybe it would have been acceptable but you decided to ignore the full southern sentry turret perimeter, only the ones beside the choke point were on standby and you would not have known that. Not to mention that Carmine and I were both watching your approach, and had previously stated that when you were close we would issue you to stop whilst one of us would move out to search you. Not to mention you RPed "puppeted" Carmine's character which as far as I knew was a major no-no in PvP role playing. let alone the fact that I would have shot you with my rifle minimizing the spray back if you were within the perimeter, allowing for Carmine to remove his body armor if need be.

I want to see what other people think before we take you to the Commander, to me there was just way to much godmodding and puppeting in that post. Carmine, do you mind if we wait before continuing?

To Peterson, I apologize for posting just OOC, I try to avoid is as much as possible. And I don't want to bitch about it, but his godmodding wasn't just a minor thing, if it was just one small thing I wouldn't have bothered to point it out.

There has been some degree of puppeteering in these RPGs. When you fight against someone, you just don't type out your actions and wait for a responce from your opponent. You type how you fought the guy and depending on how fair you want it to be, you can type the amount of damage is dealt. It can go both ways, so there is fairness in the RPG.

Dragon, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Is there any order to the RPG?

Nope. Everything is random, that is why it is wise to check up on it daily. There is no turn order due to the fact, people here has jobs, school, and possibly both, which may prevent them from posting. So really, turn order is random.

GeneWells, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

That isn't the main reason we want the edit's, we both notice a lot of puppeting. It's more that the situation is virtually impossible, considering the distances and pre-specified conditions of his approach. As well as defenses set up. If it was plausible then we would continue.

Sorry if it seems as though we took it out of context.

Atin_Fordo, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

(We agreed to get on with the RP, so I did post another thing)

I was going to let it pass unchallenged, personally, but it turned out other people saw the godmodding, too. So I'm just going to throw my two cents in here.

In reality, the two were around fifty meters away in the post where Saysell ended up behind me. The ruined statue is about a hundred meters away from the dropship, and the perimeter extends out fifty meters. So that means he literally ran fifty meters in a split second, running through the defenses we had: Barbed wire with a SINGLE entry way, with only two turrets on standby, the others all active, meaning it is impossible to take an alternate route without being fried. Only straight down the middle is safe, and we were set up right there on either side with a Rotary cannon on the left, and WY-102 Sniper on the right. We've also got a 150-meter motion detector. To say anyone who was being watched for that long could simply end up behind us is... Less than believable. We were also going to stop any suspicious people ten meters away from the base, relieve them of any weapons, and send them to the Commander.

Then I had the stuff where my character got controlled? Normally, I can deal with that a bit better, but my guy wouldn't just tell some random guy his name. Especially if he wasn't asked. Even if he was asked, he still might say they didn't need to know that. And Gene was supposed to be the one who would take you to see Malus, not me, so I wouldn't have a reason to say "I'll go first." And you controlled both of us by assuming we'd do nothing when you started getting close, so...

Methinks we got some issues here.

R10TR10TUP54RT, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

This will be all I'll say about it for the rest of the RP and then just drop it.

I set up those emplacements that Atin just mentioned. I mean, that's three rows of razor wire and sandbags, the first two rows with two sentry turrets, the third row with five turrets. Then we had motion sensors all over the place that would pick up movement for a good ways off.

All I'm saying is, I got pissed about that because the guy just bypassed a bunch of defenses that I made the plans for setting up, and then did set up. It was like a slap in the face to my workmanship, and not only that, but it shook my faith in the fact that it's possible that other RPers here might decide that since that since Saysell ignored it, they can too.

I just want to get my worries out there, because I don't want to ruin the RP about bitching about this. It's not fair to anyone to be honest. I've seen too many RP's be ruined because someone cheated and pissed everyone off and they couldn't let it go.

predator428, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Just to clarify, there are no Balatu members participating in this RP.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Nah. I'd rather Saysell didn't edit his post. You said yourself "DBO allies" so what's not to trust. I didn't tell you to edit every fucking detail i didn't like about your posts because i didn't want to be a bitch, so don't be a bitch and stop saying it's puppeteering because it's not puppeteering when we're "allies". He's not hurting anyone unless he's hurting your feelings in which case i suggest you either polish your control over them or get rid of them completely. He just wants to get to Malus as fast as possible in this so far pretty dull RPG composed mostly of how you two are talking. Just take him there and then you can go back to your daily lives of people who are continuously setting up the perimeter.

delta-boy, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Actually i agree with Death,
Jesus Christ Gene and Carmine take a break.

x_saysell, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I am really sorry for any "godding" but it was the quickest way I could come up with in progressing the story without writing out a huge piece of text that now one would actually read.
I saw it as okay, seen as I am no threat; I intend no harm and handed my weapons right over.
Also if you re-read my post (although it may be vague) I stated I would go in front, allowing you to keep an aim on me, yano seen, as I am your prisoner.
Finally this shouldn’t be a real issue as I AM YOUR PRISONER, I handed my self in. Therefore I virtually gave you total control of myself.
I have edited my post slightly, to facilitate for your chokepoint, but left your disarming me vague, as I cannot be bothered. But it now fits your specifications.

Your character was saying that?

Well, crap. That leaves me the idiot here. See, when I saw that, I thought you meant my character was saying that, which would have resulted in him not doing what he was supposed to do. That was the only reason why I was fussing about that much was because it wasn't in the planning, which would have resulted in a lot changing...

Nor had I thought of it as your character surrendering (For an extreme lack of a better term at the moment) control to us...

Wow I'm dumb.

Okay, then, so I've dug the hole I'm in.

On the whole fast progression thing, I can understand that. It's just confusing, that's all. It was like opening the door into a brick wall, as it were. It was confusing in that you were there one moment, with us aiming right at you, then behind us. Just a bit of a "Whooaaa, what just happened?" moment that left me wanting answers.

Alright, I'll drop the whole thing where it is. I'm the one with the dunce cap here.

However, Death, we did say allies for lack of a better term. That's all. And we did not know who you were, officially. You could have been the ones we had an alliance with, you could have been completely unrelated to the topic. So while we assumed it was our extra people coming in, wouldn't you still act with extreme prejudice in the event of somebody ending up behind you without you knowing exactly who they were?

If it's alright, I'll end the arguement there. It's my fault, I read it wrong and got angry because it'd change what was supposed to happen. So, I just changed what was meant to happen myself. So I'll apologize for not reading carefully enough and getting mad over my own personal screwup.

x_saysell, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I understand why you misunderstood my post, I mean it’s not a regular thing for a man to just give himself in for no apparent reason. But I have like I said in my previous post changed to incorporate your choke point.

Yeah, that was one of the major reasons why I was confused. Getting things done fast is convenient. I know how that is, man. So when you just kinda walk up behind me and surrender, I pretty much had a chaos moment. It's like... Did this guy really just do that? And then I try to understand it... I try to force answers, usually. Bad habit.

Well, I meant to say "so don't worry about changing it" in my last post, but I'll go change mine accordingly. Won't change where we all end up, but it makes it correspond to your post.

Sorry I kicked up a fuss over it. I really appreciate you being cool about it, too. I think if I pulled this anywhere else, it would have been a civil war.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Saysell, your "long post" comment makes me think. Is anyone actually listening in on the Alien's point of view?

xeno_slayer, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

ok so guys, the preds have landed...although i seem to be the only one posting..
but whatever, we'll be creative.

everyone, just acknowledge that that the drop pods arrived. we aren't anywhere near where you guys are yet though.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Oh, come on Bloo, did you even read what my character is like?