alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

di we gets points like in regular RPGs

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Nope, we get nothing! I don't know if anyone else was told, but we get nothing for this RPG.

xeno_slayer, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

ten lines long. for sure.

also....deathwraith, would you mind not knowing that the hunter's moon ship is near the planet? i kinda have this whole idea planned out....

its no prob if you dont want to edit though :)

Aaaah, come on, i won't get in your way, i won't tell anyone either. I plan on dying soon anyway. Can i know? I'll edit telling saysell not to tell anyone either, let you do whatever you had planned out. I hope you weren't planning anything with the DBO though, cos you're not supposed to know we're here either for all i know. But you can know if you want to.

Atin_Fordo, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

The "DBO allies" was what we were told. That we had something going with the humans of DBO. I don't know if that means things changed if Malus told you differently, but, that's just the way we got told.

And my word probably ain't worth much due to being new, but I'll agree with the above statement about the aliens. No offense meant by agreeing, of course.

We are mercenaries so allies is a little too much, the way i talked to malus it seemed we'd come, we'd meet, and only then we'd talk about working together.

Atin_Fordo, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Well, the term "allies" being used for lack of a better word. Well, that is a bit awkward. I think Gene and I are the only ones using said term, and we're just kinda new recruits in the Company, so if you want any kind of valid excuse, that's the only one I can give you.

Sorry, I just go by what I got. That was what I was getting out of it was that we had a prearranged thing. No mention was made as to how all this would come about.

GeneWells, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I don't mind editing if what I said was offensive in any way. As far as we knew, the DBO were allies. But I can work with the teams still getting worked out.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

In my introduction post I've given a fictional retelling of the beginning of the war from another point of view. I hope this is alright.

nikkie_murray, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Diz, is going fast :( So, I am going to probably post this weekend, If I can. :(

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Yeah, I just used the term 'Allies' due in part to the lack of a better term, and discussions I had about how things would go in this RP with Saysell, as he controls the faction of DBO that we have a NAP with. When I said DBO allies, I didn't mean DBO in general, but those in DBO whom for this RP have agreed to fight with us, namely Saysell and Dragon.

And how about Berlin? Or Nuremberg? It'd be nice to fight in the city that the Triumph of the Will is set in.

deathwraith, my original plan was to have the hunters moon ship and the DBO ship engage. but seeing as how lonehunter decided to just leave the ship i cant really do that anymore so dont worry about it.
but i tried to make it so that no one knows hunter's moon is there, and the predators on the planet are rogues.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

So the Predators described by the military officer in my introduction aren't the actual members or clans. That statement is just explaining that the war has been going on for a long time.

Yeah, if thats alright. And seeing as how there are two balatu preds who will be going rogue, it kinda works.

So what is the current situations for the characters RPing.

I get that the Xeno's are mobilizing and are finding host's in the city to take to the hives but haven't made contact with the Marines (apart from what they said was inside a house/apartment) or the W-Y Corp guys.

So, currently, what is the Predator situation. How many on the ground, where abouts are they and is it only one ship in orbit or two?

Just so that everyone is on the same page. XD

the hunters moon ship has just entered low orbit, and are preparing to mobilize the dropship/pods.
lonehunter has left early and is on the ground near the city but hasn't made his presence known yet.
Balatu hasn't started, but i wrote them into my last post briefly.
And there are also supposedly two rogue yautja, but they havent posted yet either. i expect they'll start tomorrow or over the weekend.

Cool, now one of the post's mentioned that a drop pod made a smoke trail entering/exciting orbit...could the same be said for a larger ship even one that is cloaked?

Just wanted to check to not mess up in the RP.

R10TR10TUP54RT, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Hi guys, I'm a bit new here and I'm with W-Y Corp.

I'd just like to say that I think it's fair to believe that the smoke trail would be noticeable despite cloaking. I've done a lot of Sci Fi Rp's and the cloaking devices are usually just optical cameras that stud the surface of the subject that it's meant to be cloaking (IE a human, alien, ship, or whatever) and then project the surrounding images across the surface of the subject. That to me, says that the smoke trail wouldn't be cloaked.

Now I don't know if the Preds have some higher type of cloaking device that makes this possible, but that's just my understanding of that sort of tech.

TDN, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Alright so what exactly is DBO's stance in all this? are they allied with the humans? Or only with W-Y? Or are they rogues?

We were thinking, we come here, try not to kill everyone, offer the Corporation our services and then ummm... try not to kill everyone. But it seemes they already know we're here so we'll have to kill everyone.