Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 15 years ago

Tuesday, 7 October, 2008 6:49 AM
"[email protected]"
To:
[email protected]
Hey man.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive.... (barely)

As of now, I'm still working with the recruits, 14 hours a day and its taking all of me.
So if you want to, feel free to RP with my character as much as you want. Just tell them you have my premission or something.

If memoy serves, I was still in the hangar, so just say that i walked on a pipe or something so I fainted etc..

Anyways. I get a leave on the 18 oct. so after that, I'll return

Well, Im off to bed. Cya around

-V

Unfortunately, I'm finding one character enough as a handful as it is. Since Vevlaa will be unable to continue further in the RP, It is my sad duty to inform you all that he will not be continuing with the RP, for the reasons stated above (Vev's Air Force in Real Life). Therefore, I ask permission for recruit WINTER to take his now vacated spot in the RP.

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

-shrug- Well, what ever floats your boat. I shall just continue to stroke your ego and let you think what you want...-ponders-

IF ANYONE has a problem with my post, please let me know and where to fix. Thanks DW for pointing out a few of my errors. I did redo a post or two for you ^_^

black_warrior, Yautja, 15 years ago

I really dont see what the big deal is with some of this stuff in the rpg Malus......seriously.

When the hell do rank points matter at all for fights? That was Bughunts idea as an rpg rule but it was turned down, and the major loophole is that if you get the first post you basicaly win the fight because it is guaranteed you get to 6 posts first.

And in a fight there is something called aim that you use with guns....not every bullet you fire, no matter how fast it travels, will always hit the target....allow your character to miss a few shots as i doubt you are a master marksman.

also, saying that someone screamed or did something in a post isnt puppeteering, I mean seriously, if someone says your character reacted in a way then what about it? Does it seriously hurt your ego that much that you have to try and have it reversed? Just pull the same stuff, if someone says you screamed like a bitch then say that they did the same somewhere in your post.

If someone said I did something in my post like screamed or made some type of foolish mistake then i would repost saying my character was pissed the fuck off and that anger fueled my fighting ability...no big deal.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

"When the hell do rank points matter at all for fights?"

- when the rules say so

And yes, if someone says a character reacts in a way contraty to what you would have him react like, it is pretty much a bad thing. Would you like it if i went down to your character and said "I am as of now your master. Roll over!" and you character did what i said as a reaction to my words???

There are some things that shouldn't be done... I don't agree to people putting words in other people's mouths. I don't agree with the part of my post where shadow starts to strangle me, but after making the post i asked shadow if it needed editing and had she said so, i would have edited.

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

Just to clarify something, there is proof in the movies that spitting acid doesn't do much damage. In Ressurection, a human character took a face full of it and it only looked like it gave him a second degree burn.

Waralien, Yautja, 15 years ago

Ah hell, I was hopping to win. I was the last Xeno still active. Hyro is nowhere to be seen, and Alien-drone isn't any help at all. But I though you had to make six posts to kill. I didn't know it was who ever made the sixth post would be the victor.
Oh this sucks. Well I tried.

Do you mind giving me your email so I can talk to you about that?

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

Hey malus, we are all waiting on you before any of us can proceed even change the posts.

Me? Or are you saying this to someone else?

It's to you, just wanting to clarify something that doesn't need to be said here.

Look, DW, you cannot change the flaw in the rpg system. If a rank 20 goes up against a rank 80 and the rank 20 gets the first post it is basically game over.

The first person to get 6 posts wins, no amount of rank points can change that unless we went with the "dice rolling" idea Bughunt had some time back. Although the rules do say that rank points do matter, it is all about dealing damage in a post, not who wins. What i mean is that a lower rank shouldnt be able to hurt a higher that much more since if you go by rank points the attributes would have some effect. Winning is winning though, and the 6 posts say you win no matter what.

Now about the puppeteering thing, i meant that some things shouldnt be considered puppeteering, now saying my character rolled over at your command is over the top, and someone should have the sense not to put that in a post. Using that as an example is like saying people arent serious in their posts, and that noone can tell when to draw the line between real and just plain stupid. However, conversation and reactions such as grunting, screaming, or wincing at pain should not be considered pupeteering as anyone can do these things, and nothing holds them back from a natural reaction to pain. No matter how big you are, you cannot just shrug off a missing limb, being gutted, having acid thrown at you, etc.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 15 years ago

Right. I've deleted my post, you've deleted yours. We're all awating your post so that the RP can continue, Pv2. Mostly to find out wether you're still up on ground level with us, or down the hole.

right well here it is: [email protected] email me when you can and I'll try to answer as soon as possible.
I wasn't very creative when I first created it.

BW, no. The screaming and whatever the hell else will be made in my post. The action in each post does not necessarily continue the action in the previous one. You can beat the shit out of me, and i can shut the hell up if i feel like it.

And it's not who gets the first post wins. If i remember correctly, there is no rule that says you have to wait for your opponent to post in order to post again and you can post up to four times a day. So ther's no flaw in the RPG system, but there's a flaw in the mentality that has developed around it.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

I'm really sorry guys, but I'm going to have to call the quits on this rpg. I've got important issues with the site that really need more of my attention than I can devote to the RPG, besides I've been lacking in keeping my post numbers up, also having to screw around with Sam-Jack-Dunn making sure he doesn't keep cheating in the RPG is a full days work within itself.

Black Warrior you take over command of Balatu I have great faith in you, but people just because I'm not in the rpg doesn't mean I'm not watching to make sure there is no foul play, this goes for everyone. I'll make sure to check the rpg and discussion topic every time I'm on the site.

Cheating in this rpg will not be tolerated. Don't even try it, if you have an issue and need to ask me something, either e-mail me (my email is in my profile) or ask the question in the RPG discussion topic.

As for my character in the rpg, lets just say I disappeared...

Then you can just say you got impaled by something after i kicked you in the hole and you're gracefully out.

Would have been nice if you'd weakened Malus, Delta and Alouran for me though :3

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

lol, hell if you can work it into your post DW I'll have you kill me, but nobody else. I don't really want that to happen...but why not you can score some easy rank points lol.

Naaah, no easy rank points like that, i don't like breaking the rules, only you can kill yourself in less than 6 posts.

DW, i get what you mean about the rpg posting...... but it is common sense that tells you not to post in a fight 2 times in a row.
for one thing, 2 posts can always be made into 1, no matter what, as long as they come right after eachother. Also, it is unfair, as you could just post like 3 times or even up to 6 and then be done with the fight giving your oponnent no possible way to win fairly.
Taking turns with posting in a fight is what must be done, therefore, the 6 posts have a flaw...first post wins...unless the first person to post doesnt keep track and then the other person takes his/her opportunity.

delta-boy, Yautja, 15 years ago

Why is no one posting ?.