Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

Would be great if Rodriguez could manage to make a good Predators movie, but somehow... i don't think that. Maybe that's just some kind of prejudice because of the latest (avp) sequels, and even if he want to make a new start, until i haven't seen it i expect standard modern moviecrap.

"They're the most dangerous killers on the planet" - Sounds a bit cocky, and they looked like a bunch of mollycoddles anyway. And what's that... they don't know how they came to the planet? Were they carried to the planet for purpose? The whole thing sounds like the Predator's version of a bad gameshow to me.

I doubt he really can make it to catch the atmosphere of the original Predator movies since the seen predators reminds me of the preds from avp1, this damn steel-look... i hate that.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

One MAJOR thing it has going for it is the lack of action scenes in the trailer. If oyu'll remember, every single cool scene in AvP:R was in the trailer because there was nothing else there.

So there's at least a chance we'll be getting more substance this time. All I want is a decent popcorn flick, and I have a feeling they can pull it off.

AmerthystBlades, Undefined, 14 years ago

I agree with DeathDrop this is going to be one of the best films of the summer! I'm really itching to see it, I have a feeling that alot of fans are itching to see it too. Popcorns good but I like sour candy and chocolate =).

mr_loco, Undefined, 14 years ago

Yeah Death Drop, I'm on your side with this too! I think it's gonna be a great pop corn flick, after all, that's what all the Predator movies are anyway, straight up action packed, pop corn flicks...

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

Hey, he made Sin City, right? So he knows how to make good stuff... Whatever happens, at least there is that hound. I feel good about the hound. It's new and different material. The fact that he's adding something original that us fans never thought about is a good sign.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

I'm not crazy about the hound's design, but maybe it'll look better in motion. It'll be interesting to see how it uses those big tusks, in any case.

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

if he could give us a little bit more mystery and tension in the film it would be brillant.

AvP has no tension or mystery at all,they preds arent stealthy,they show the preds and aliens way to early in the film.

predatoress, Undefined, 14 years ago

As a wolf lover I feel like commenting the "Xeno-Wolf" case - where the xenomorph could find the Dire Wolf when it's already extinct? I'm not following you, Harpie. Either way Mebber explained my thoughts of "natural" xenomorph "hybrids" which are not hybrids at all in a sense it's natural to their species (if you can follow what I'm saying lol).

I'm interesting to see, what they come up with the predator hound though. Hunter needs his retriever... Or smt like that. We'll see.

BloodHarpy, Undefined, 14 years ago

Well it's in the sense like what if the Weyland/Yutain Corperation somehow brought back the Dire Wolf like they did with Ripley. Someway somehow a face hugger will find one impregnate one and then someone could capture it and ran tests on the hybrid and then find a way to make it look wolf-like. Just minus the fur, eyes, howling and skin to the point where it would look just like a Xenomorph but with the unmistakeable characterists of a wolf. Thus creating the Xeno-Wolf hybrid.

Why not bring back a Plesiosaur and put a facehugger on it, in stead of the Dire Wolf...

Also, you know who matches your description? The runner. And the runner is not a hybrid.

if a facehugger hugs a creature it cant be a hybrid due to the fact it has to facehug a host.

If a xeno is created in the lab then it is a hybrid.

AmerthystBlades, Undefined, 14 years ago

Umm Harpy I sorta have an idea of what you mean but other than that I don't really get it and it doesn't really make much sense.

So about the Predator Hounds

They look a little like skeletons to me. Like around the head/face area.

I'd like to know what happens if a facehugger infects a five-legged kangaroo... woah that would be definitely an awesome specimen!

Shadowwall, Undefined, 14 years ago

or a cheetah facehugged.that would be an epic runner.

Yea i don't think Aliens inherit the number of legs... they have as many legs as monkeys do.

But they still adapt themselves to their hosts method of moving. The runner usually moved on his four limbs (although he was able to move on only two legs), while the drones acted more human-like on two legs.

So a kangaroo-alien would be interesting- maybe a drone with exceptional well developed hind legs, jumping around like a bouncy ball of death...

i dont think that would be scary at all but more amusing.

mr_loco, Undefined, 14 years ago

You guys remember the Aliens toys that Kenner came out with in the 90's? There were a whole lot of different hybrids, Mantis Alien, Crab Alien, Gorilla Alien, Flying Alien Queen ect...
Anyone wanna see some real weird lookin xeno's just check the toys out lol...

A kangaroo-alien would most likely move in leaps from wall to wall, it would be signifficantly harder to spot and shoot at i think. It would have much wider feet and a stronger joint than the runner (dog-alien).

WarBlade, Undefined, 13 years ago

Would this Xenomorph-Kangaroo thing have a pouch somewhere?