BloodHarpy, Undefined, 14 years ago

Where did you here THAT rumor?

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

he's being sarcastic.

mr_loco, Undefined, 14 years ago

yeah, that's Death Wraith in a nut shell lol... u kinda get use to his sarcasm...

Shadowwall, Undefined, 14 years ago

Sometimes unaware to detect sarcasm i failed a few of my french tests :D
Teachers shouldn't be allowed to use sarcasm like this reply isen't allowed here sorry :D

It's just kinda weird to post this on the off-topic without staring a conversation so here

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

So your logic is "hey i don't want to start an off-topic discussion in the off-topic thread, because (insert reason here), so i'll just start it in another thread where it would be spam".

Awesome logic dude, you are completely certified to tell me how to respect the rules.

And here i was thinking there would be a discussion about the predator hound and the implications of it, but whatever.

tawganator, Undefined, 14 years ago

I've been looking at the pred hound and I belive that it is able to dislocate its jaw to be able to consume its food. If it couldn't then it would have a hard time eating with all those tusks in the way. And that it eats with its head always horizontal.

BloodHarpy, Undefined, 14 years ago

Well that kinda make's sense.

I bet they run fast too. Any movies where people are in a strange enviorment or planet and stuff happens's if something chases them it's gonna always faster than them. It's just the way movies are made, plus I'm sure someone might either get caputered by the Predator Hounds or eaten by them.

Now about the horns the horns might be like shark teeth. Anyone who know's about sharks know's that their teeth fall off all the time and grow back in like three hours or something like that. S maybe the Predator Hounds horns come off sometimes but regrow, or maybe they break them off when they attack or eat something.

You know what type of creature I'd like to see? A Xeno-Wolf. It would be like this hybrid between a Dire Wolf and a Drone or Preatorian and would look like a big eye-less skeletal wolf with a sharp tail and creepy claws, minus the inner-jaws. Sound good?

Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

"I bet they run fast too. Any movies where people are in a strange enviorment or planet and stuff happens's if something chases them it's gonna always faster than them."

Are we still speaking about carnivore? Since this kind of animals don't need to be from another planet to be faster then a human, the most (animal)predators are much faster than a human by nature, that's no invention of hollywood... only psychokillers who always seems to be unnatural fast are hollywoods fabrication.

"You know what type of creature I'd like to see? A Xeno-Wolf. It would be like this hybrid between a Dire Wolf and a Drone or Preatorian and would look like a big eye-less skeletal wolf with a sharp tail and creepy claws, minus the inner-jaws. Sound good?"

I think a "Xeno-Wolf" would just look like a simple runner, not only because a wolf and a dog are both members of the canidae family, but because a very common theory about the xeno's infection assumes that every alien with a quadruped as a host will become a runner since the alien's adaption of the host's DNA doesn't goes that far and it is just a needed process to produce the xenomorph itself, which is a own, variable species with only minor physical assimilations caused by their host's species. This theory also dumps this whole hybrid-hype (cause there wouldn't be any special "hybrids" since hybridation is a natural part of their species).

But it's still just a theory by fans, so it's non-canon.

Edit1: maybe you want to check this out:
http://www.anchorpointessays.com/home.html

Well the preds could have just put the hounds there to test the humans,if a human survives the attack its worth hunting and if it dosent then well there dead and not worth hunting.

You do realize that someone will some day facehug one of those hounds and make either another retarded hybrid (like the one Harpy would like to see) or a great new drone concept...

And that is wy the Aliens own :D
even a little facehugger can be deadly

Still looking strange at the predator hound.
Maybe they though it's time for a little change

tawganator, Undefined, 14 years ago

I've also read that the 'normal' predators are being hunted by 'alien' predators. So maybe the Hounds are more mainly for that purpose.

"Alien " predators ? :D
sounds nice

you mean predalien's ?

Well it WAS time for a little change. Time for some more normal stuff, not that bullshit that the whole Predator culture is based around Aliens and Humans.

i wonder what a fight would look like between the original and the new pred would look like?

Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

However powerful this new predators might be, they would loose in a very ridiculous way against the oldie, most probably by a self-caused laughable accident. I think of this pred with the very unpractical spikes in front of his mask or the guy with the, i don't know what it shall look like, "aeorodynamic" mask. Remember, even the most powerful warriors always suffers unfortunate incidents if they're wearing bad designed headgears, just remember Dark Helmet.

most of the new preds helmets are just the normal helmets with a some jaw attached to it apart from that one pred with the dog.

shadowatching, Undefined, 14 years ago

I can't wait till the movie comes out, before i really put in my two cents.

So far, from what i've seen, it has a high potential of becoming a bad movie BUT it will leave us with the legacy of the hounds. Personally, i'm pretty excited that a new creature is being added to our depleted universe of Alien vs Predator. New biology, new connections, all that stuff. We'll have things to speculate about for a while longer.

mr_loco, Undefined, 14 years ago

Bad Movie Death Wraith?? Man this is gonna be the shit! I mean for cryin out loud, it's a new Predator movie, how in the hell can that be bad? I think it looks like it has potential to be the BAD ASS movie of the year!
But yeah we'll see when it comes out, you could be right, it could suck all though I highly doubt it. But you're doing one thing right, don't have too high expectations and you'll be able to appreciate it more when you do see it...