7 years ago
OK. I haven't been good on updating, especially not last month. Let me tell you what's up:
- Over these past 5 months, I realized I need to learn a lot of shit to bring my vision to life. So, the actual story won't start up for another 2 years, at best.
- BUT, for the sake of this year's 10th anniversary, every member WILL have a design finished before December. Said designs might change in the future, but you'll have at least a prototype.
- I've still been drawing a lot. BUT, the only thing I've drawn for you guys is the monsters. No new human stuff I want to show you. I've drawn humans a LOT, but all of it is just practice. Like I said, I have a lot to learn.
- I won't show you any of the monsters till later. I like updating in bulk and I feel this is for the best, in case I need to make any last minute edits to earlier designs.
- For example, it was a mistake to show you those early designs for the Dragon and Chiropteran - they look different now. Don't even get me started on how much the human characters have been changing; they're really different from what was previously shown and they'll keep changing until I'm satisfied. That's why I don't want to keep updating, because it would be a waste of time. I know it's hard to trust that I'm actually doing something, but I am. It's just changing a lot.
- I haven't continued writing my outline since February. I'm scrapping it and starting a new draft.
- "Instrumentality" is a working title. It'll be called "The Atomist."
- A big reason this won't start up for a long time is because I need to learn about a lot of different cultures. Some of you guys have been good in helping me with that, but there's still so much I need to learn.
- And also sexualities/gender identities. Those need representation, too.
- So much has changed.
- This is definitely, absolutely, at its core, pure fan-fiction, so I technically have license to use the characters from all the franchises I'm throwing into the same bucket, but... I don't wanna do that. I don't even wanna use characters from Alien/Predator. It would distract too much. Imagine Danny Glover in a Gundam, fighting a Lacuna-made Terminator in the Dream World. That's not what's gonna happen. I'm not writing fan-fiction about the characters, I'm writing fan-fiction about the worlds, and what would happen if they all existed in the same continuity.
- Obviously Alien/Predator will take presidence over everything else, so that aesthetic will come out the most. It's hard bringing Giger's style out in animation-style. Still learning.
- I'm just gonna drop this on you: Chiropterans can shapeshift because their bodies are 100% Particle-Wave Matter, aka Hard Light. Particle-Wave Matter is, to put it simply, "organic" Hard Light. It's the same stuff the Xenos are made of. No, Xenos can't shapeshift. It's complicated.
- I mentioned all the cool shit Hard Light can do, so how do Predators even stand a chance? I'm working on the science behind this, but basically, plasma bolts can fuck up a Hard Light configuration. So, yeah, hot things are bad for Hard Light armor (Xeno blood included). Am I making any sense? You know what I'm trying to get at, right? Would that work?
- Teleportation is not a thing. It will never be a thing.
- That's all I can think of right now. So yeah, sorry for no pics since Christmas. I'll make it up to you with the creature designs.
- Oh, yeah - all the Black Liquid Monsters are made of that Particle-Wave Matter stuff. They're just known as animals, though, and not all of them want to kill humans. It's weird. I know it's weird. I'll clear that up later.