predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

"4). The real reason we usually win as where not all hyper-jerked up dick heads pretending to be God and puppetering bastards that are usually yourself, Yautjas.

So please, you've been here what, a month? Dont lecture me without a proper reason and proper spelling.

Delta out!"

Ignoring the massive amounts of irony in that statment, I'll get to my reason for posting. Lets drop this clan competition bullshit and use this topic for the reason it was created for, as a sign up for this RPG. Noone wants to hear about how seriously some people take these RPs and how they are much better then us because they do.

Also, time spent on a site doesn't reflex someone's character, their actions do.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Enough with the bickering use this topic for what it is intened.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

Yh okay i promise i wont spam again.

Now back to the topic,is everyone ready or do people want more people to join before we start?

nikkie_murray, Yautja, 15 years ago

If its not to bold of a question; Would there ever be a friendly competition, one that does not involve this much bickering? May we start tomorrow, I wish to talk to my clan leader KIDD, about a couple of things before I start a post?

Fine We may start tommorow.

Soon as everyone gets along with each other then there may be a one without this much bickering.

Thanks I appreciate it ^-^

Well has anyone got anything eles before we start.Okay today we start.

squirt, Yautja, 15 years ago

Is it to late to sign up under Alpha Draconis?

dont worry your in.

Gaunt, Yautja, 15 years ago

Sorry this is so late guys, I'd like to join in under the Hive.
You look a little outnumbered Firehunter.

Yh you can join gaunt.

Thanks. =D

Atin_Fordo, Yautja, 15 years ago

Indeedy I do. I was without internet capabilities when the RP started, but I am indeed here now, and DO wish to join. So, ah... If you got any open spots, mate, it'd be appreciated.

ok your allowed.

vevlaa, Yautja, 15 years ago

Hey, I hate to be the one that says this, but I would like to direct everyones attention to this topic:

http://www.alienvspredator2.com/forum/346.html

Especially the first and second posts.

I'm not meaning any offense to anyone, but what stands there is true...

I'll quote a little:

"Once again, I must stress the importance of a well thought-out post; it is NOT an IM conversation nor notes that you pass to your friend in class. Other people are reading what you have to say and it’s only polite to treat them with some eye-candy. Not only does this show that you respect your audience but it’ll be easier to grab their attention and hold it. Nothing turns off a reader more than a post that looks as if your hands were having a seizure while you were typing. Please leave your “leet†language and abbreviations for IM, class, or regular posts. "

---

"ACTION - When writing action please include you surroundings and situation. Unless you tell the audience, no one but you will understand what’s going on and you’ll leave your readers behind. It’s not enough to write, “Y kicked X in the head.†It’s dull and monotonous. Use your senses; add sounds and smells, anything to make it more realistic; that you are actually there. Applying some imagination and flair can change that sentence to, “Y’s heel connected with his enemy’s head. The crack of the impact drowned all other sounds as X reeled from the force and howled in pain; blood dripped from his wound, a large drop of crimson blood slid next to his eyes glistening in revenge.†See how much more interesting the second sentence was? It grabs the reader’s attention and makes them want to know what happens next. It’s like fishing; good bait attracts big fish, all you have to do is keep them hooked!"

end quote.

I strongly suggest that all of you study the rest of that topic, for a better understanding on how a good RPG is written.

Even i have to agree with velvaa on this(yes i know even i made mistakes)so could everyone please read them,some of us are not understanding.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Think of these rpgs as steping stones to help you improve your over-all rpg ability. Now, a decent english class could cure many of these mistakes, but don't let that discourage any of you, this is a learning process to prepare you for the major leagues.

With that being said, the single most important thing you can ever do in RPGs or just regular forum activity is to: PROOF-READ YOUR POSTS, before publishing them.

What we all should do is have one fake RPG, but act like it is the real deal. If you don't have a good (Mod approved) post, it shall be deleted just like the real ones.

That isn't a bad idea Nikkie, We could try that (with the mods approval) and just see how it works out.

This is a practise RPG(it's not official)but what i suggest is that everyone use word pad or something like that that checks you spellings and grammer.