Leandros88, Undefined, 14 years ago

No but i am, even though i never actually talked, but according to the time theory i did now so i have and will in the future, and am currently. and with that i'd like to say that i hate you all. oh wait this isn't the flaming topic. but i still hate you all, especially the hybrids here, seriously, you guys are slower and uglier than the hybrid cars we humans have, the aliens are just stupid and can learn a lesson from diplomacy, the predators are stupid for not killing or enslaving everyone in the universe, and the humans, well, they're fucking humans. so here is what I'd like to say to you all in conclusion. In the words of Willy Wonka "YOU GET NOTHING!YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR! also i like Predators best. and i lied about the whole thing. but hey im high!

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

A lot of this seems to be "Which can kick the other's ass" which isn't the question. The original question was "which do you like better?" It actually has nothing to do with which is stronger.

IceNeko, Undefined, 14 years ago

Aww I kinda like hybrids, now the one Harpy has for an avatar that things was ugly! Now theyw ay she described her RPG hybrid she attractive, look's human but has the long tail, orange eyes and claws. Not to bad depending on how you picture it. Pred/Alien hybrids are worse though, talk about getting beat with the ugly stick. But it still stands the human/alien hybrid in Alien Resurrection looked like it got beat by the whole damn ugly tree!

Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

Hybrids are fuckin' bastards. No real humans, no real yautja, no real xenos. What is it about this damn hybrid-hype?

Back to topic:

i LIKE humans more then the other races because it's so damn thrilling to wander through dark corridors, surrounded by the annoying sound of my motion tracker, suspecting a xeno or pred just around the next corner.

That's like good drugs!

Cetanu-655, Undefined, 14 years ago

Pure Yautja. All the way.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 14 years ago

Hah "Hybrids are fuckin' bastards. No real humans, no real yautja, no real xenos. What is it about this damn hybrid-hype?" epic, quoted.

I believe I posted in this topic before..Hmmh oh what the hell Preds have my vote all the way, they are the best.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

I agree with absolutely everything ever said in this thread.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

aksept da pert were da preds kik ur ass becus u r dum and gay so fuk u LOL!!1!!1

*looks at thread*

It's dead, Jim.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 14 years ago

"Damnit Jim I'm a doc...oh yeah this thread is dead."

Couldn't help myself.

BloodHarpy, Undefined, 14 years ago

huh what did I miss?

Dragous, Undefined, 14 years ago

alien and predator that it!

predatoress, Undefined, 14 years ago

Mebber - I see hybrids as ultimate spies as they can infiltrate within both yautja and human societies (if they don't have some crazy ass habitus). It also gives different point of view to military technology advance (compare eg. to District 9), and you can play with the idea of humanity or does it actually even exist and are we that different at all from the other species. I think the blank alien vs. predators vs. humans kicking each others ass is rather boring as you can't seek deeper meanings or feelings from it.

That's how I see it, but since my type of hybrids are "banned" from RPG's according to Shadow, I can't really bring that dimension to the site. Don't care though, I can bring that creativity to other sites. Originally I loved yautjas from the heart but now I see them pretty much as cocky bastards making stupid mistakes by their silly code. It's more enjoyable to be an outlaw, without anyone's (Queen/Elders) order. I could pretty much say hybrids are free from the control of the regime of either one of the species.

Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

Well i just don't think everyone who calls himself a hybrid considers that much about their nature just like you. I bet there are much people who only wanna be the ultimate super-cool creature without any weakpoints. And when hybrids are more common then pure-blooded ones, they somehow loose their special status.

By the way, i completely agree with your last sentence. I don't like to subordinate to someone orders too. At least not longer than my contract's validity. That's why i'm a merc. Good conditions of employment, much freedom and even a little chance to survive until i can go into retirement with a big bunch of money.

But don't blame the yautja because of their code. Potentially get killed adherent to principles is a honorful way of life.

Not my way, though. I rather like to be well-paid and alive then well-honored and dead.

predatoress, Undefined, 14 years ago

I agree on the super-coolness thing, I eg didn't like the newborn in alien series as it disgraces the Queen... As if they just wanted to create something bigger and meaner than regular alien. But again I feel deep antipathy towards any of these "Godzilla vs. King Kong" or "Godzilla is more kick ass than Rex" kind of things 'cos they are just plain silly. And creature without any weakpoints are boring as well, as you can't ever achieve such superduper organism without any weaknesses.

I honestly don't know what is this burst of hybrids on this site but that's something you should ask from the newbies. When I entered the site with my background story I only wanted to explore the limits of humanity vs. "the things".

EDIT: But yes, I've been told I think too much lol I just love the philosophical aspect of the setting.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Undefined, 14 years ago

Both were very different creatures, invented by a society that was changing from the naieve, hopeful race we one were into the jaded, money-grabbing bunch we are now. Each feeds off our fears, and at the same time on our ambitions.

The Xenomorph is obviously a biological weapon. It was created by something to be perfect, and in many ways it is. It is not bound by the constraints of petty morality - it does whatever it must to survive. Physically, there's no match for it, and those who under-estimate its shocking intelligence are prone to get face-raped.

It preyed on the idea that we might be so ridiculously out-evolved that we'd become nothing but food, that as strong as humanity has become, we're really still helpless. Alien and Alien 3 captured that perfectly. Aliens, well, that was born from the Veitnam war, with the hyper-advanced Americans being laid low by the low-tech Veitnamese.

I'm still in denial about Alien Ressurection. Fucking newborn.

As for the Preds? In a way, they are a parody of us, of the 'Big Game Hunters' you see in Africa, Britain and America. They don't regard their prey as equals or accord them any rights, so they have no qualms in brutally murdering them for sport - like us. However, their entire society is based on it.

Preys on the fear that, once again, we're not on the top of the food chain, but that something out there -is- hunting us. It wasn't until AvP that the Predator was accorded some kind of 'nobility', in the first movie it only spared the unarmed because it was no FUN.

Pretty terrifying, and whenever I play an AvP game I know which I am more scared of (the Preds), but the award has to go to the Xenomorphs here.

Why? Because they are not a rip-off of our own species, but something entirely new - something completely unlike ourselves. It is the fact we can never understand them that makes them truly scary.

tawganator, Undefined, 14 years ago

What he said.

the_doctor, Undefined, 14 years ago

"Why? Because they are not a rip-off of our own species, but something entirely new - something completely unlike ourselves. It is the fact we can never understand them that makes them truly scary."

no offence but thats a pretty basic reason to fear something. does understanding how it thinks or why it kills really take away from the fear the creature induces? IMO we do understand a fair amount about the xenomorph behaviour and biology...at least as much as we do about predator society. they are scary because they are the ultimate beast...hard to kill with no compassion or mercy. it will kill you...no matter what. if you dont measure up to be able to destroy the beast it will kill you. this is what is scary. do you fear a shark because you dont understand it? or a lion?

that said the alien (lol) qualities of the xenomorph do add to the overall scare factor i just think at its core the reason predators are less frightful is simply because you can reason with it therefore control the fight. a xenomorph you cant control...
now what was this thread about again? lol

Shadowwall, Undefined, 14 years ago

About saying wich species you like more predator or alien ? :p

srry but i have to go for the Alien, they are both very nice but alien just fits my nature better :D

And this is wy i like the battle in the movie when the 2 species fight in the pyramid one on one
I was like F YEA !!! :D

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

i hate to say something off-topic but i really dont like it when people say the the preds society is all about hunting.who makes ther weapons,ships and buildings if ther just a hunting race.

If ur an alien from another planet whos goes on a hunting trip on earth u would more likely see solidiers or armed prey but does tht make us a war like race, no.

so basicly preds know tht were not because they have seen our society in person,humans have never seen a predator city or something like tht so if we see ther planet then we might find out new things about ther society.

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 14 years ago

If you consider AvP-R to be Canon, then when we got a look at the supposed Predator Homeworld, or maybe just a Pred-ruled planet, if you look you see many flying craft flying around, perhaps a bus system, a society, and the Wolf was just in charge of the Xenomorph research department of that clan, therefore it was his responsibility to clean up the mess made by the Predalien... I dunno, maybe.

Back on topic though, obviously Predators.