The last of the Race

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was thinking no after AVP2 what are they going to do my thought would be that they would finally lay these two different races to rest. It seems thats going to happen no matter what but what about the fans that seems kinda wrong to lay them to rest after everything but what else can they do i cant imagen bringing out another movie in the prospect that they can ruin it, they didnt do to well in AVP and the thought of AVP2 makes me think that they better try and make the movie as best they can so the new people to the movies could sit there and say WOW the whole idea is great. We need movies that will make more people become INTERESTED in the subject, a movie that could set a whole new line of FANS. What happens if the legacy doesnt live on after AVP2 i dont just mean movie wise i mean FAN wise. Its something we have to think about we have to be realistic as good as the movies may be they cant be around forever

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

The only way another movie can happen is if it's an Alien movie, and if it's a prequel. The story pretty much ended in Predator 2 because the government already have a lot of basic information on the creatures, but only sightings/events of the Alien. A prequel would have to set the real ending, giving us the backstory of the Space Jockey and the real origin of the two creatures, because a Predator remake is a completely stupid idea.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Personally, I'm not too fussed as to whether or not there will be another Alien/Predator movie after AVP2. If they continued to make them, both franchises would more than likely end up being ruined with rubbish churned out sequels.

Both the Alien & Predator series have had a great run, but it would get ridiculous if they kept making even more of them, as after all, there are only so many movies you can make about the same thing before it goes overboard.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yeah , the actually went one to far with Rez in my opinion

Alien (1,2,3)
Predator (1,2)

Thats good enough for me
-------------------------------
Even the avp movies, theres a nice concept and you certainly wouldnt miss out on seeing them.... but dont add them to either franchise... at the end of the day there just a F**king spin off .....

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

the only thing they could do is remake one of the older films
they shouldnt, but its the only way it would be sucessfull in my opinion

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I don`t know what happened to the ppl who made alien and predator, but these guys who`ll make the next movies, no matter how many, just won`t get the hang of it, you can`t make the creature as it should be if the creature wasn`t your idea, cos you don`t really know what that creature really is about. I say they`d better just stick to making computer and ps games from now on. But only shooters, not rpg`s or other stuff with a complex storyline cos that could ruin the whole alien/predator thing like avp partially did... I mean, aliens were an unknown race, that was new to everything that had something to do with earth, and then suddenly OOOOH they were here all this time... sux!

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

Agreed with Stalker and Killswitch..

but I must say, it is very possible to make a sequel with Predator.. It can happen if they do it right. I'm sure theres a few new thing they can pull out without ruining the series and turning it into a kids film. I can pull out some ideas just from the ending of Predator.. Some very good ones I even wrote down before.

As for the Alien series.. It would be extremely easy to make a sequel in my view.. I mean, they don't exactly have to use the Riply character. They could make a different plot.. Same princible with Aliens in a space station, space shuttle, ect whatever. As long as they make some good new stuff in it that doesn't ruin it like I said about the Predator sequel I mentioned.

Sorry about the comment, it's just that it would kind of be easier to do an Alien se/prequel because it seems like there are much more questions to be answered than with the Predator unless I'm missing something here.

I'm not saying a Predator sequel shouldn't be done, I'm just saying that an Alien 5/prequel is probably more preferable unless we get something out of AVP2.

What about the fans what will happen if they end the movie franchise after AVP2 what im saying is that they have to make the movie as best they can so a new line of fans could step up to the plait and keep the legacy alive for kids and everyone who has yet to be intrigued with the whole thing that is the alien legacy and the predator legacy

The last thing we want is a kid-friendly AVP film. If that ever happens I'm going to kill FOX. Actually, the last thing we want is even more younger fans, questioning things like "Preatorians are the cooliest" and "can Predqueens go super saiyan?" I've seen idiotic questions like that on another Alien forum and I could not stop laughing in disgust, even the week later.

Very young fans, like ten-twelve year-olds may cause the older members to leave, like what happened sometime earlier a year or two ago.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Bah! WE are the fans. Us, who are interested in how things turn up, who care about the health of the franchise and the preservation of the true nature of aliens and predators. If you wanna know what will happen to the fans, see what happens to yourself.

i quess your right in some views the younger people do ask idiotic questions but i just wanted to be realistic the true fans can last for ever i was just thinking that mabey we nedded a new line of fans to kepp the franchice alive for both alien and pred