My AvP movie idea.

Cerrata, Undefined, 14 years ago

My idea of a good AvP movie is... (Please excuse the briefness, if any interest will finish)

A terraformed planet, say with approx 500 - 1000 communists. A large ore and freighter transport appears out of Portal hole (or some method of fast speed travel.) Looking damaged etc, it is on course for the landing strip, where a massive facility that doubles as the entire city stands nearby etc but is not being piloted and crashes into the strip...

Planet security (some could say Police) armed, move towards the ship and enter it and see all the damage done inside it. They look in the Freighters hangar and see a Derelicte-looking ship VERY similar to the one from Alien. The Police move towards the ship and notice trolleys near it where things have been obviously unloaded from it...

They move to a room which has labs and medical facilities and they see where the trolleys have been put, littered with 100's of eggs in the room... When the eggs begin to open up, the Policeman in front feels liquid dripping onto his shoulder. As he looks up slowly a quick swoosh and scene ends with a quick scream and some small arm fire...

A massive Carrier in the chasms of space is brought in to view and it cuts to a room with screens and computers and the screen begins beeping and a Log opens up and the details of Beacons of Distress are sounding from the Terraformed planet (A man walks in looking very aged and fraile) reads the screen and prints it out, tearing it off and running to the Captains quarters. As door opens he hands him the papers../

Cuts across to the Space near planet where another Portal hole opens and a sophisticated ship enters (obviously the predators ship). It goes to the Pod bays where many masked creatures are moving to take their places, loading weapons and armour onto themselves and their pods. Then the Elder Predator enters more menacing than all, taller and much more scarred, armour more grand and weapons very worn but well looked after... They take their positions and are fired out one after another to a space about 5 - 10 km from the city's Megaplex.

Cuts to the Marine ships and many men and women (approx 50 - 60) are getting ready and equipped for their mission, and they are making arrangements for when something goes wrong... Introductions are made and the token hero is revealed. They are then briefed and get aboard the ships and leave for the planet... Portal opens and they emerge and leave the Carrier and move towards the planet, passing the Predators ship.

Sound good so far?

killswitch, Undefined, 14 years ago

A childish mish-mash of everything we've already seen (inc Avp-Aliens).

Dont quit your day job

mr_loco, Undefined, 14 years ago

I like the idea, just have it take place on the planet Ryushi and have Machiko in it and it would be perfect...

Why would I quit my job dickwad... In case you havn't noticed you are on a fan site pretending to be a creature... So hold criticism to yourself.

I there a way to have an original movie without references to any other movie in the franchise? If there is please let us all know!!

Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

Not that spectacular but still intersting in my opinion.

I bet it's impossible to write a story/script for a sequel in a legendary franchise without earning a lot of critic by the fan-community- even if the script might be good.

Well ya can try to make something new or you can copy the prequels. The first option is risky, the second one (most of the time) boring.

Just an idea: why not make a Predator-movie WITHOUT humans? Show the Yautja's history, explain (or maybe just adumbrate it) how this species became the ultimate Predators, travelling through space for hunt, searching the ultimate prey...

There a many possibilities, you could connect this with a standard-story like this: The Yautja, around 100.000 years b.c., a neolithic-like race from a jungleplanet, become enslaved by a much more developed space-travelling race (maybe even the pilots?). These guys use the primitive yautja as slaves as warriors, cause' they're born to hunt, extremly strong and so on. Someday, a young yautja somehow (hey just don't ask me how) becomes a rebel, initiate a yautja-revolution against their lords, founding a new kind of yautja-union (yeah just like Thrall in 'Lords of the Clans', i know ;)), and finally free his race... sure, that doesn't re-invent the wheel, it just came out of my mind.

Sure there could be some good pred-action, like primitive yautja hunting some of their lords or great, dangerous beasts from their homeworld, WITHOUT plasma caster or high-tech cloaking device.

Sure dialogs would be a great problem, speaking yautja all over the movie would be a bit strange. Someone remember 'Apocalyptica'? The whole movie was subtitled, might be a good idea for a pred-movie.

I just don't think there is "no hope" for a new, *interesting* pred-movie. Human's fantasy is quite vast. In the end you'll just need an idea, making a film of it and see if it becomes good, bad or completely bullshit...

Cetanu-655, Undefined, 14 years ago

I agree with Mebber.

predatoress, Undefined, 14 years ago

Does the communists refer to aliens or people in here?<<

Don't lose your hope, Cerrata. Maybe they get a good plot on AvP3. Or not...

MrXeno, Undefined, 14 years ago

Hmm, I guess the people could be communists, while the aliens would be the fascists, while also having sterotypic american voices, as they are hissing out anti-communist slogans to each other to keep up the spirit.

"Those pesky communists are hurting ma freedom, and ma brothers! Long live the Queen!"

I see them as communists for having the hivemind lol

MrXeno, Undefined, 14 years ago

Ah, yes. They all think alike with the hivemind, as they are monitored by the Queen. Otherwise the Queen would had sent her KGB xenos after those with independent minds.

But then again, they wouldn't have a queen, but a republic. As communists oppose monarchy. So perhaps in the beginning of the plot, the Queen would be a real bastard, and her xenos would get tired of her, and overthrow her totalitarian rule, of them all.

Naah... Sounds silly.

Well many countries of communism has totalitarian rule so it wouldn't be a problem. As far as you don't have any bourgeois class in between harassing the lower class (eg. drones harassing the facehuggers for being primitive).

I started to wonder does aliens have racism due their skin color because some of them are dark brown and others black... Hmm...

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 14 years ago

Wow Cerrata,

Loooong time no see, glad to see you've decided to visit this place again. As for the AVP movie idea; I'll give you an A for effort, but it seems with the release of AVPR all hope for the avp franchise is dead.

Who knows though...

Anyways let me extend a warm welcome back.

Hey Predatorv2, yes long time no see alright. Been bout 3 years by my watch... Surprised it still let me in lol.

This was just my Good AvP movie it's not everyone's. It is really just a short narrative for those willing to listen... But reception isn't that great.