Threat response: Xenomorph evolution and tactics

Waralien, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

This idea just occured to me due to a recent revival of the many hours I spend in front of Alien vs Predator: Extinction. There was a level where, while playing as the Alien species, where the queen wanted a stronger alien strain to combat the Preds (thus allowing the option of the Predalien units).

Anyway, the question I want to ask is this: Say for example, a Predator hunting party finds and begins attacking a Alien hive seeking to capture the Queen for their hunting rites. Do Aliens seek out or create stronger strains using the already present strains they possess?

Dark, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

If your saying that if they can make stronger sub species from the types they already have then yes the facehugger facehugs almost everything therefore making a new sub-species every time, these embryos are adaptive and respond to whatever DNA they encounter.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

We know the Queen is very intelligent, so I could see her using such tactics. The basic hardwired behavior of the xenomorphs is to expain the hive, and create more of themselves. So infecting stronger base species would be a big role in doing that and making a stronger hive.

mrturkeytoe, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

adding to darks message i am pretty sure they are implanted with missing genes and the take those genes from the host and thats why different aliens look different