avpunlimited, Undefined, 15 years ago

Those were deferent versions, so I can say, only the first Alien and only the first Predator, which IS a BETTER match up, it's more accurate, because those were how they were meant to be, because they were made by the original Director, Hollywood doesn't give anyone the right to change the original version of something.

The Predator could smack around Arnold because he had a lot more muscle, I'm sure a human can get that strong. A Predator receives as much damage from punches as anyone else, but can take a lot more pain.

Predators are kind of mean, and like fighting.

Deleted scenes are canon by all means, more so than sequels, because they were made by the original director.

If a Predator tried to resist the vacuum of space, which is air molecules rushing out into space, with more force than any jet engine, the Predator would get it's limbs ripped off...

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

I really miss the point in this discussion. Look at this point: We've seen preds kick xeno's asses so it is possible. Now why the hell won't you just accept that you are wrong for once and stop this fanatism for an idea that everyone else keeps disprooving? If you're gonna keep saying that less and less of the movies are canon and should be taken for example, what are you gonna get to, that human sperm is more concentrated than pred sperm so the alien coming out of a human is more powerful than a baby pred? Why is it so hard to accept that a fictional creature you know almost nothing about is as strong as another fictional creature you know almost nothing about?? You can't go on assuming that you are right and forcing everyone else to assume the same, be open-minded! Don't you remember someone else telling you something like this in the past?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

"Those were deferent versions"

No, they weren't. An Alien is an Alien and a Predator is a Predator.

"because those were how they were meant to be, because they were made by the original Director"

What does that matter?

"Hollywood doesn't give anyone the right to change the original version of something"

Reality check: Whoever is writing the movie gets to decide what the cahracters can or can't do. Ok? I guess you don;t consider the Queen canon?

"I'm sure a human can get that strong"

No, they couldn't. A 200 pound man was slapped ten feet in the air. I question your grip on reality if you honestly think a human could get that strong.

"A Predator receives as much damage from punches as anyone else"

It clearly didn't. It's face barely budged, and it gave him a "Is that IT?" look aftrerwards.

"Deleted scenes are canon by all means"

No, they're not.

"more so than sequels, because they were made by the original director"

The original director REMOVED THEM. Ridley Scott has said many times that the theatrical version is his "definitive version". Who do you think removed the scenes to begin with?

"If a Predator tried to resist the vacuum of space, which is air molecules rushing out into space, with more force than any jet engine, the Predator would get it's limbs ripped off"

You have absolutly no way of knowing that. Dude, just give it up already. You've got more than 10 pages of reasons why your argument is bogus. Isn't this getting a little old?

If a Pred fought an Alien hand-to-hand, it would probably get either impaled or headbit. Aliens still have plenty of ways to kill preds that don't require them to be stronger. The match is still an even one.

The Queen is canon, every single movie is canon...

But not to the first Alien movie.

You guys haven't proven jack.

None of you have provided anything I didn't already know.

The Alien in Aliens is non canon to the Alien in Alien, and vice versa, if you look at the Alien in the second movie as canon, than the first Alien is non canon, why don't you guys go with that if you want Predators to be stronger physically.

What makes them non-canon to each other is one, they were porduced by deferent people, and two, their universes contridict each other.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Oooook, you are contradicting yourself now... So if you already knew that everything you said is bogus, why do you continue this? Whatever, i'll step out. You have a history with holding on to ridiculous ideas that you have no way of proving. What does that tell you? That everyone is stupid and you are the only smart person in the world? That's impossible, because i'm the only smart person in the world.

"The Queen is canon, every single movie is canon"

... Which invalidates your entire argument.

"But not to the first Alien movie"

?!

Whatever. It's not worth fighting about. This thread has gone absolutley nowhere. If you're that obsessed, write a fan-script where the aliens pump iron and finally beat the preds. They could have a cute lil' training sequence like in 'Rocky'...

I'm locking this thread, because I highly doubt it's going to suddenly become interesting to read on page 12...

HERES why they contridict each other, there are several reasons.

1: Reply had an 11 year old daughter that wasn't hinted in any way in the first movie.

2: The company knew about the Aliens in Alien, and they didn't in Aliens.

3: The Nostromo ship obviously costed way more than "40 million in adjusted dollars" It was the size of a land mass, it had artificial gravity, and it propelled itself through space with out rocket boosters, as we didn't see any rocket fuel or ion fire from the back of the bigger ship.

NOTE: The smaller shuttle that landed on LV426 and went back into space did have rocket boosters.

... My God...

You're actually going to keep going!

1. You assumed eveything in that post.

2. How are you still able to post in this topic?!

LOCKED, ALREADY!