Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

It's not that we're saying aliens are weak. Just that they aren't as strong as preds. They're certainly deadly enough to pose a threat.

They use stealth, speed and trickyness to kill thier prey. Preds use their hands or really big guns.

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

yeah we're not saying aliens aren't strong we're say that preds way stronger than a human and could kill a alien in hand to hand combat easy.

preds really only use technolgy in a real fight if they're outnumbred or facing a opponent way stronger then them

Graf, Undefined, 16 years ago

No No No, I agree, aliens aren't weak at all... But Preds have more resistance.. Except maybe in their head. The reason chestbursters can break a human's ribcage is because they use their tail for leverage and extremely hard heads lol

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 16 years ago

no one would ever say aliens are weak, but saying that dont use strategy is just plain stupid and as big as an insult if anyone did say that there weak(which they aren't), but I haven't seen any alien yet to be shot multiple times in the torso with a shotgun (or any gun for that matter) and still move around like nothing happened.being chucked around like a rag doll into rock pillars and getting up like nothing happend and jumping out from molten lead like nothing happend yes but not being shot at.

and a side not in pred 1 we all know about the pred getting hit smack on the forehead with a bloody big log, something I doubt the alien would have survived and defintly no human would ever survive. but the pred did survied and moved the blood thing off of his face and torso despite the injuires he had suffered from the log.

avpunlimited, Undefined, 16 years ago

I still don't think a Predator could whip through a human's chest if it where the size of a chest burster.

Face it people, so far you haven't provided any proof that the first version of Predators are as strong as the first version of Aliens.

Here are some Alien feats:

Whipped through a human's chest as an infant parasite.

In a deleted scene it crushed Brett's skull like an egg in a matter of seconds by squeezing it.

Resisted the vacuum of space.

Name one Predator feat that matches those.

The Predator threw around Arnold, and used combat skill to some degree, he didn't crush his skull by squeezing it like a complete beast.

The fact that Alien survived snapping bones and the pressure of it's own propulsion against a human chest proves that a full grown Alien might be hurt by a falling log, but not nearly as bad as the Predator would have been.

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

okay you're just acting like a child that wont accept something the reality is that preds are just as strong as xenos and could kill them.

and stop mentioning that chestburster thing just because they were born with the ability to do that dosen't mean they're invinsible i havent seen a alien punch through a humans chest in fact humans kill more xenos then they kill preds.

also saying we havent given any proof that aliens are the best.

You still haven't.

Humans kill more Aliens because Aliens are less human than Predators, and don't have the ability to build or use weapons of any kind other than themselves.

Again and again I say that Aliens aren't invincible, and not one of you has accepted that. I think you know I don't believe it, but you still want to tease me maliciously to get some satifaction by saying that I'm saying Aliens are invincible, when I've stated creatures that could kill it with their bare hands.

Predators and humans have to use weapons to kill it, thats all I'm saying.

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 16 years ago

havent people already said that a newborn Predator isnt as strong as a chest buster? we have agreed on that one fact, but when the predator is mature the aliens a gonna have a bit of a challange.

Preds need some extent of weapons but not much. They still have more brute force than aliens. They rip people skulls and spined right out of their bodies... That takes strength!

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

How the hell do they have more brute force than aliens? How do you know that? They can probably get more poweful punches because of their different way of fighting, but i don't think a pred could walk on the ceiling for as long as an alien could. They are different creatures, with different DNA's, different ways of killing and different motivations, all of these count in a battle. It doesn't really matter which one is stronger, in a fight between an alien and a predator, the alien is more likely to die because it has a much weaker motivation than the predator. The predator is fighting for his life, while the alien is fighting for his opponent's death. From what i've seen, i don't remember any other alien except for the queen to have a survival instinct, which is a big disadvantage that matters more than the strength. And a predator who can exploit that could surely eventually get to be like The Wolf.

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

avpunlimited
2008-04-18 21:28:49
'If an infant Predator, say 3 or four days old was the same size as a chest burster, could it REALLY break through a human's chest?

The answer is no, Predator's are built like humans, they don't have the right mechanical build or strength per size weight ratio to do what a chest burster can, much less a full grown Alien...

The Alien could burst out of the chest because it could snap like a whip (it was built like a snake) and it's head was durable enough to withstand all of the pressure of snapping ribs, which by the way are not pleasant. '

What predator and xeno facts do you base this off of?

I fail to see how the original alien "whipped through" Kane's chest. It took at least three tries to get through, and it was chewing the whole way. Watch the scene again. The scene with Brett was a DELETED SCENE.

The first Predator survived having a huge log dropped on it;s face from a tree. Also, you're acting like slapping Arnold ten feet through the air isn't impressive. It didn't kill Dutch right out because it was looking for a decent fight. There are about 4-5 times throughout that sequence where it could have killed him but held back. It was toying with him, got cocky, and we all know what happened after that.

You want an example from the first Alien? Ripley shot it with a pretty low-tech looking harpoon gun, and it went through the thing like a hot knife through butter.

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

How do you know that an alien can survive in space? We have seen an alien in deep space twice, the drone in Alien and the queen in Aliens. Both of which we saw for about three seconds. They could have imploded seconds after they were ejected. And for that matter there is no evidence that the full grown alien doesn't require oxygen for a certain amount of time.

On the strength issue, the chestburster may be able to eat its way out of a human chest but that doesn't make a full grown drone stronger than a predator. The examples of predator strength and durability have been shown over and over again and have clearly outmatched the alien's examples of strength. Yes, aliens are physicaly strong but a predator is stronger.

Personally, I think the xenos are MORE effective if they aren't uber-strong like the preds. They need to creep out of the shadows liie the giger-inspired horrors they are, not burst through walls and rip people in half with their bare hands.

I agree with DD. Aliens are meant to be stealthy little SOB's who sneak up on you and put a hole through your head.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I remember Stalk making a good point a long time ago so ill put it here.

The shape of the chestburster is totally different from a matured alien, it doesnt keep its snake form for leverage and that purpose was for bursting chests. The matured alien isnt so much equipped for that purpose when its mature because its form is quite different and it wont fit in a humans chest.

1. Saying that a Pred couldn't burst through chests as good as an alien is like saying that a Great White couldn't run as fast as a Tiger. One is built for it, the other isn't.

2. Even going by ONLY what we saw in Alien and Predator...

I'm thinking it would be a pretty even fight. The alien killed a bunch of civilians with headbites; the pred bitch-slapped Arnie ten feet through the air.

But then, judging them by the first ever appearence isn't really fair. If you applied the same rule to other characters:

Superman wouldn't be able to fly, Batman would kill people, and the Green Goblin would still be flying around on a rocket-powered broomstick.

3. If it's hand to hand combat, the alien will probably win. But preds are still stronger.

Ok, my nerd-rage has subsided.

Deathdrop, you just proved my point by saying Aliens and Predators are built deferent.

I doubt the Predator from the first movie could crush a head or resist the vacuum of space, if he can, prove it.

"The shape of the chestburster is totally different from a matured alien, it doesnt keep its snake form for leverage and that purpose was for bursting chests. The matured alien isnt so much equipped for that purpose when its mature because its form is quite different and it wont fit in a humans chest."

Thats not why it's matured that way, it's matured that way so it can kill more efficiently, even though it was shapped like a whip it still required more strength to force a blunt leathery object through a chest than a Predator has.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I really do think a predator could crush a head if it wanted to, Wolf stepped on an aliens head and it looked like he didnt put much pressure on it to make it bust. I doubt a bit of muscle preassure from his arms wouldnt crack a human skull, or alien for that matter. also, as far as i know, bricks are harder than your head, and City hunter busted through that apartment like nothing.

Everythign else in your post has already been debunked, so I'll just quote this part:

"I doubt the Predator from the first movie could crush a head"

We've never seen an alien doing that. That scene was deleted and therefore does not count. Unless you would like to include non-canon info? Just so you know, the preds are hilariously overpowered in the comics.

Was there evidence in ONLY the first Predator movie that they were super-strong? No. You got me. In ONE of the FOUR movies, the one movie with no concrete walls to punch through or aliens to fight, they were not CLEARLY SHOWN to be super strong or super-

Oh, wait. He bitch-slapped Arnie and barely felt it when he was punched. He WAS super strong and super durable, moreso than any human. He was not shown to be stronger than an alien becasue there were no aliens in that movie.

Remember that part in AvP where a dumbass teenage predator caught one of those ultra-powerful whipping chestbursters casually in his hand and broke it's neck with his thumb?