Strength

avpunlimited, Undefined, 15 years ago

If an infant Predator, say 3 or four days old was the same size as a chest burster, could it REALLY break through a human's chest?

The answer is no, Predator's are built like humans, they don't have the right mechanical build or strength per size weight ratio to do what a chest burster can, much less a full grown Alien...

The Alien could burst out of the chest because it could snap like a whip (it was built like a snake) and it's head was durable enough to withstand all of the pressure of snapping ribs, which by the way are not pleasant.

Now if the Predator wasn't armed with anything, it couldn't match that kind of durability, unlike in AVP, the Alien would be snapping it's arms around with great force, enough to snap ribs and skulls, and the Predator wouldn't be able to even get a blow on it.

Now Predators are extremely strong, they probably are on some kind of advanced steroid, stimulating their muscles to peak perfection, but not even the world's greatest athelete can compete with a gorilla in a brawl, it's just the way their built.

Now in a fight, the Predator wouldn't brawl with an Alien, he would probably set up a trap or two, and trap it, and kill it with what ever it pleases. A Predator would kill an Alien 10/10, but not in a straight up brawl like in AVP.

BTW, a Predator could lift a lot more than an Alien could, like if there were a 1,000 pound bar bell than the Predator could lift it and the Alien couldn't.

But that doesn't do the Predator much good in a fight.

black_warrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

What was the point of this topic? You basically made a question and answered it yourself making this topic useless.

And Of course a 3-4 day old pred wouldnt break through a humans chest, ITS 3-4 DAYS OLD! Assuming preds are humanoid at all in the least sense then that means from their extremely long life expentancy that their young would probably take longer to mature and that their young wouldn't be strong at all, just like a human baby.

Also, seeing how strong a pred can be at teenage or full growth it could absolutely take down an alien, drone or warrior. You have no proof it couldn't, and it sounds like you use the predator technology from the movies as an excuse to say that a pred always set traps and wont go face to face with a strong enemy.

MOVIES = CANON, meaning a pred could take an alien on just from the AVP movies alone. AVP was teenage preds, meaning they were not at full strength, plus they got killed cause they were cocky. AVPR from what i understand since i havent seen it, the predalien died, not sure if Wolf did, but still, he took it down.

And about the steriod thing, what makes you thing they were on steroids?

This topic sounds extremely alien biased...

How is it Alien biased when I said a Predtaor would win 10/10.

Since movies are canon, than I was refering to the Predator from the first Predator film and the Alien from the first Alien film.

All I'm saying is that if a Predator were to go face to face with an Alien, it would be pulverized.

Aliens can withstand the force of snapping ribs as chest bursters, and their hands can break and shatter human bones like twigs by recoiling, and I doubt a Predator could take that much damage.

As for the Predator's age, this might be due to their technology, and thus making them just as strong when their elders as they were when they were teens, Elders aren't any more buff (From what I've seen) than teens, they just have a lot of more experience, say thousands of fights, and the more you fight the better you get at it.

You said Preds would win 10/10 in a fight with TRAPS, not hand to hand, when in fact they probably would. Note that i say probaby because there is always a possibility of loss. They(preds) dont hide behind technology like most Alien fanboys like to use as an excuse.

Preds are very strong, and the appearance has not that much to do with it, Bruce Lee was a small guy, but he was one of the best fighters, and the strongest.
A pred can take a load of damage, multiple bullets to the chest, and the amputation of an arm as seen in Predator2, and a bit in Predator 1. Armor cant be that much of an excuse as blood could clearly be seen from the wounds.

Oh man.

Some times hiding behind technology is smart.

Yes, Predator's are strong, they can throw hemans around, but there's a deference in the types of strengths Aliens and Predators have, a crucial deference.

Predators are like the men you see in "The worlds strongest man" competition, they have trained their muscles to perfection, why they wouldn't is beyond me.

But Aliens are like whips, their tails, double jaws and arms can all whip through bone and tissue like their fragile cloth.

The Predator in Predator hit Arnold, but he didn't tear through his flesh.

As I said before, Predators are smart, and they know when to use their tools. ;)

Yes, i see somewhat of your point of view. But aliens dont just rip through anything, they arent insanely strong and utterly unbeatable in a strength contest.

Ive seen aliens in movies whip with their tails and not even draw blood or break a bone, when their intent was obviously to push aside and kill.

the thing im trying to say is, a Pred could in fact take on a alien with hands alone and win, not all the time, but still...

Also, strategy and skill plays a factor in a fight, not strength alone.

I didn't say Aliens could whip through anything, and that they were unbeatable, a T-Rex or some other massive dinosuar could plow through them (But get acidic blood all over themselves and die.), but not something the size of a Predator.

In the first movie, when ever the Alien wanted to whip through flesh, it did....

You arent saying they are a unbeatable, but you are saying they are unbeatable compared to preds, which isnt entirely true.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

I'm afraid I don't get this topic. Are you saying Preds are stronger, or aliens? Or have I missed something?

I'm saying that Predators and Aliens have their own types of strengths, buta Predator couldn't get close enough to do any real damage to an Alien in hand to hand combat.

As I've proven, Aleins are perfectly capable of whiping through a Predator's flesh and bone just like any other humanoid organism.

Edit: I'm saying Aliens are physically stronger, they can apply more pressure than a whip as chest bursters, enough force to destroy flesh and bones, thus "exploding through a humans chest"

There is still no absolute proof of this. from what you said this is what i got

"aliens are perfect, and since no pred has beaten them yet they are unstoppable and no pred will ever beat them because they can cut through them like a tissue, unless the pred has some incredible technology."

Again, your statements mean nothing without proof, which you give none of. AVP was a sin of a alien getting his ass handed to him by a pred, but the pred got cocky. therefore. dead.

Well, that is a real misconception of what I said, thats way off.

And I'm not using Paul's Alien, I'm using Ridley's Alien.

No matter, neither one is completely different, both aliens, different movies.

Stalker, Undefined, 15 years ago

It's really all a case of circumstance. Aliens are born to kill, they have the weapons available to do so. By the same ruling though, predators have easily comparable physical prowess, having been shown to be just as strong & fast as most xenomorphs. With their powerful weapons, such as plasmacasters & discs, they are able to cut down aliens with relative ease. On the other hand, any alien who is smart enough to avoid these attacks would render those weapons useless, since they could attack & kill before the predator even had a chance to fight back.

On the other hand, in a one-on-one fight, an experienced predator would be able to hold its own against an alien without the aid of a weapon. Both creatures have the strength to overpower each other under the right conditions, but it's also about tactics, which would be on the predator's side, since they train to kill, presumably their entire lives.

This explanation is based on the creatures from the earlier films, & not the more recent ones. All comparisons with an alien are done against an adult drone/warrior.

Alternatively, you could ignore all this & go & watch AVP-R...I'm sure you'll love what happens to the aliens in that movie at the hands of the predator.

alienwarrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

i get what your saying but it also sounds like your just trying to make the aliens sound like nothing can kill them. plus you said a pred could not kill one without technolgy. so why would the preds breed something they couldn't even kill

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Could a human kill a horse without technology? Not very easily, but we still breed them.

When, in the first movie, where Predators shown to be just as strong or durable?

He threw around a Military Assassin, and he had Super Human strength by all means, but the Alien fricken whipped through a human chest as an infant.

Again, Aliens aren't invincible, a predator could kill one, but in a brawl the Alien would kill him, predator's might be strong, but they still have are humanoid organisms, and their skin isn't made of steel. Hand to hand combat skill has no more to do with it than Bruce Lee's skill would have to do with standing toe to toe with a bear.

A human vs. bear comparison doesn't quite do it justice, since aliens & predators are roughly the same size, & possess similar strength & speed.

There's no evidence to support the fact that alien skin is made of steel. It has been shown to be incredibly durable though. On the other hand, in Predator 2, the creature survived multiple shotgun hits to the chest, & amputation of one of its arms, so both species can take a considerable amount of physical damage without being killed.

When the Predator got shot the bullets went through his skin, a bullet will go through an Alien's skin as well, but nothing suggests that a Predator is any more durable than a human, and the fact that the Alien could withstand the pressure of whipping through bones, makes it more durable.

It is like comparing a human to a bear, an Alien doesn't resemble a mamal, a Predator does, Aliens are like tape worms, or giant insects, so their strength per size weight ratio, and their mechanical build makes them some, as Ash said, 'tough sons of bitches'

Not that Predator's aren't.

"Nothing suggests that a Predator is any more durable than a human".

Except for the fact that one survived multiple shotgun blasts, limb amputation, & was still running around as if it was un-injured.

No matter if an alien could break bones as a chestburster, that doesnt make is an unstoppable killing machine. Everything has a chance of being beaten, strength doesnt have everything to do with it as said before. I totally agree with Stalker on them both being around the same level in strength though. It seemed that in the first(or second) predator that with one swipe of the arm the predator flung a human just as far as the Aliens tail did.

Also, when the chestburster broke out of the humans chest in any of the movies, it didnt just come out it one try, there were about 2 or 3 tries inside of the chest where the bones started to break and finally busted.