The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Wolf had a little struggle against the big bad Predalien when he took off his weapons. I wonder how he would stand against a single warrior. He would probably do fine.

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

yes i also agree with stalker they aree both at the same level with their own skills aliens are strong but they can still die and preds have super human strength but you can still shoot them in the head and they will still die so they're pretty much the same

avpunlimited, Undefined, 16 years ago

""Nothing suggests that a Predator is any more durable than a human".

Except for the fact that one survived multiple shotgun blasts, limb amputation, & was still running around as if it was un-injured."

Theres a deference between being able to run around when your hurt and being unable to be hurt.

The Predators can take a lot of pain, but they aren't any more durable than a human.

An Alien is.

And if we go by AVP logic, then thats deferent, and a lot dumber, the two writers of AVP know less about Aliens and predators than me, they don't know much about biology or physics either, they were Average American's trying to write good movies, but they screwed up didn't they?

I'm a big fan of the AVP Comics though, and especially the AVP games. :D

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

your still just hyping up the aliens

How?

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

Basically your saying things that aliens could do much better than Preds.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Your coming across as stubborn to your fanboy opinion that aliens are unstoppable and can rip anything apart.
I know preds arent unstoppable and insanely strong, so i give a reasonable statement or opinion when comparing, and i dont just automatically assume the pred would come out on top.

I know that a pred could take an alien down in hand to hand combat, no doubt about it, but im not saying there isnt a chance for the alien to win. I wont say the pred can take on numerous amounts of aliens and come out unscathed either.

And a predator is VERY much more durable than a human, and i agree so is an alien.

A predator, as seen in both movies, could take an amputated limb, multple(more than 5?) rifle(or shotgun) shots to the chest, and still leap incredible heights and land like it was nothing. Im thinking its mainly muscle that absorbed those hits, but still, that alot of damn muscle. If a human were to go under that type of damage he'd probably die of blood loss or go into shock or just die.

Also, a predator obviously has the strength to rib bone and tissue apart with his bare hands. How do you think he gets the skulls? Rips them straight out of the back, spine and all, with one hand on the skull and the other on the shoulder. Breaking a limb on an enemy would be nothing but a flick of the wrist for such a strong creature. but was we have ever seen hand to hand against a human was slaps, and punches, no real holding moves that could break bone.

The original idea though was a no brainer, as of course a chestburster is in a way stronger than a BABY Predator, as they probably havent even developed the type of body to put that much pressure on anything by 5 days old. It was one of those "whats stronger, Grenade or paper ball" type of questions.

But just because a chestburster is stronger than a baby predator means in no way that the fully grown alien is inarguably stronger than a full grown, or even teenage yautja. Given the facts above and throughout this whole topic.

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

This topic is just as same as asking if human would meet a bear. Bear is able to rip a human apart but 'cos of our intelligence, we can kill the bear. Mind over matter. Same occurs with predators.

Maverick98, Undefined, 16 years ago

Right putting strength aside lets look at survivability.
The predator in the first pred movie gets shot repeatedly with 5.56mm and 7.62mm rounds. The 5.56mm round is designed to tumble and fragment inside its target casing a small entry wound massive internal damage and voiding then numerous exit wounds. The 7.62mm round acts more like a hammer causing voiding inside the body with an entry wound roughly 2 times bigger than the bullet itself where as the exit wound is double that again.

The pulls rifle fires plasma based ceaseless round which buy its very nature would presumably dissipate on impacts and in flight due to the fact that it’s not a solid.

So assuming the pulls rifle is fired at medium to sort range say around 70 -100 yards the soft nature of the round I presume would work like a sabot round focusing heat and its mass round a single small area dispersing any energy across the surface of the target that cant be used to penetrate it. Offering excellent armour penetration but not a lot of damage as it just pokes holes in things. As seen in ww2 when German fired armour piercing round passed straight through enemy tanks leaving the tank relatively unharmed and still usable.

So in the movie wee see aliens being shot with pulsrifles with limited success and preds being shot with previously listed calibres and not really being fazed. However we will give the pulse rifle the benefit of the doubt because it’s from the flutier lol. It still only takes a couple rounds from the pulse rifle to take down an alien.

So I thick a pred would stand a fair chance in 1-1 melee with an alien for the sole reason it can take a beating and still function to the same degree if not marginally more so than an alien.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I bet Bruce Lee could have beaten a bear... There are many variables.

Again, all of you are twisting what I'm saying to the point where it's ridiculous.

All I'm saying is that Aliens are more durable than humans because of their mechanical build, and Predators aren't, because they have the same mehcanical build as humans, they bleed blood, they use weapons, they think strategically, and they are injured just the same as any other mamal.

Alien went as far to resist the vacuum of space.

The point of this topic is to prove that the AVP fights weren't how they'd really be.

"Aliens are more durable than humans because of their mechanical build, and Predators aren't, because they have the same mehcanical build as humans, they bleed blood, they use weapons, they think strategically, and they are injured just the same as any other mamal."

Aliens bleed blood, even though its acid. Aliens think somewhat strategically, as seen in the first 2 alien movies when they amush or sneak attacked the humans. Aliens can be injured, ive seen plenty of aliens die from pulse rifle rounds in the movies, and when Mav made her points it does seem Preds are abit more durable.

And your original point wasnt to prove th AVP fights, as you seemed to not even take those into consideration with your strength points. But anyway, it makes no difference, There is really no really good point that would prove the aliens could have a easier time taking down Celtic and Chopper, and they basically died because of a sneak attack (Chopper) or being cocky and letting the prey get to them (Celtic).

btw, Gotta agree with Deathwraith, If Bruce Lee's kicks felt like being hit my a car, imagine the damage to a bear, as a bear couldnt walk away from a car hit very easily.

Well i'm sorry you think that we are making it ridiculous, but to me, the idea of saying something wouldn't be possible in a movie when it already happened in a movie is also ridiculous... It's just a movie.

also...
"All I'm saying is that Aliens are more durable than humans because of their mechanical build, and Predators aren't, because they have the same mehcanical build as humans, they bleed blood, they use weapons, they think strategically, and they are injured just the same as any other mamal."
You know aliens bleed and think strategically too...

Aliens, at least the first one, do not think stretegically, they just eat the biggest things they can and survive.

Our mechanical build is deferent from an alien's, and Alien isn't even similar to reptiles, their more like worms and insects, which are much stronger than mamals per size weight ratio.

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

You forget yautjas aren't mammals either, nor lizards, even they would look like somekind of mixture. We're talking about scifi E.T.'s and their biology can be totally different from our planet's species. So in my mind comparing any power ratio between ants and mammals isn't really relevant in this context.

What do you mean, they do not think strategically? How can you tell me that waiting in the shadows for an opportunity to kill, or attacking from behind and moving through the vents in stead of just attacking full-force is not strategy? Don't come to me with that bullshit that a creature with a brain as large as half it's body would only act on instinct!

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Where is the idea that Preda are just as durable as humans coming from? They can survive multiple high calibre gunshots to the chest, limb amputations, falling off buildings, getting slammed through walls, and getting struck by lightning, yet still run and jump around like nothing happened in foreign atmosphere.

And that's just Predator 2!

They can jump 8 feet in the air, lift Arnold Schwartzenager with one hand, rip spines from people's backs, and even hold back a queen xenomorph. They are a hell of a lot stronger and more durable than any human.

Did you see some of the skulls in the trophy rooms? Aliens, monsters, dinosaurs, etc. That couldn't have been JUST the weapons.

In Aliens, Vasquez (a human) held an adult Xeno at bay with ONE FOOT. When Dutch (who lifted a truck earlier) punched a Pred, the pred barely felt it.

Predators are stronger and more durable than Aliens. Maybe not by much, but enough. Aliens arent supposed to be hulking invincible brutes anyway. They're fast, mean, and can crawl on walls. You never know where they are. They're stealthy and sneaky and they hunt in packs. That's what makes them scary.

Preds originated in an 80's action cheese-fest. Super-strength is just one of the perks.

Btw, i just saw AVPR, it was a great movie.......loved it.

now that gives me more proof.

The Wolf kicked through the metal frame of a hospital door like nothing, which a real kick like that could break a limb no problem. The Wolf also got tackled and fell off the elevator doorway and fell who knows how many stories, then busted through the floor like nothing happened.
The only reason neither the pred or predalien survived was because they were locked in combat, and got blown to hell by a military bomb.

Graf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Ok lets see here. There are NUMEROUS examples of why what you said is completely FALSE. First, the gunshot wounds and the severed arm. HOLY CRAP, most aliens couldn’t take that. The predator was walking around like nothing happened. Second, Aliens do think really strategically. In AvPR, when Wolf was in the Power Plant, he was on a catwalk and an alien used his stealthy way to crawl under him and surprise him. Lets take a look at the brute strength of the predator.

In AvP, celtic grabbed an alien by the tail and smashed it against like 3 pillars and then threw him about 10 feet give or take. Freakin’ Scar took a makeshift flamethrower to the back and it didn’t even phase him. He got stabbed by an alien tail and he still kicked the Queen’s ass until she got lucky. One predator was even strong enough to throw a spear and pin a man t a wall, plus throwing an actual man through a wall. In predator 2, the predator threw the guy over him while he was LAYING DOWN.

Freakin’ Wolf grabbed the Predalien’s second mouth and ripped it out. He was a beast. He kicked a steel doorway frame and shattered it. He Picked up two aliens by the throat and he fell about 3 stories down an elevator shaft. Not to say that aliens aren’t tough. But aliens bleed, Predators have thicker skin and better senses than humans, not to mention super strength. All in all, your argument is basically worthless…

That was my input.