Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ Either way, we might have some more light shed on certain things. God, this could be the Alien egg-morphing scene all over again...

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Had my second viewing last night, was even better on the return trip.

Very, very pleased with this movie.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I thought this film was pretty fucking fantastic, not only to someone who's been a fan for a while (me) but to people who've only seen the first 2 films just this past week (friends, other family). Four of us actually got in for free because one of my friends bought all four of the original films just the other day and they came with a nice little promotion.

After quickly skimming through each of the threads/pages made here that I couldn't view until now, it's become clear that each of you have already pointed something out that I agree with. Though I feel late in the party because of this, I'm glad I saw it at all before its time in the cinemas ran out.

Shit, I'm still thinking about it now. Pretty good...

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Gotta love those scenes with the pilot chamber and the Juggernaut - totally amazing sets and cgi, not to mention sheer nostalgia seeing the Jockey chair rise up from the bowels of the ship.

Took my better half with me last night, she was pleasantly surprised - she thought it was better than Alien!! (To which she recieved a look that could kill from ol' D'berg!)I could see her point though, definitely a film that gets your brain working, and had a solid story in my eyes.

Agree with something Bloo said though, the fan boy in me really wanted the planet to be LV-426 and have the final scene be the infamous Engineer burster exploding out whilst in the pilot chair....but then, if that happened, there truly would be very little else to expand on in the franchise. I'm glad we're getting a sequel.

PROMETHEUS 2
'One woman and her head on a quest for answers'

;o)

^ I can actually see her carrying around David's head working. It seems like something out of a myth, which is what the Prometheus movies seem to be working towards anyway.

Maybe it's a different Engineer at the beginning of Alien, and we get to see that at the end of Prometheus 2? Just for shits and giggles, we should get James Cameron to direct it! (Again, inner fanboy preaching here...)

Anyway, here's a quick photochop, just to get us excited for the sequel:

536oo.png

^ Fassbender trollface FTW.

I saw it again last night, and I have to say, it was actually better the second time around. I was prepared for the worst, but the story seemed to hang together better.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I want to see it again but I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Reason?

1.I'm saving up what little money I get as an allowence until I cna get a job after I finish school.

2.I'm Broke Phi Broke!

If I do see it again in theaters I'm seeing it in 3D again.

Rogue_legionaire, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I thought the film was brilliant from the CGI to the casting, the script could of done with a bit more work but im not worried about a storyline when it come to sci-fi, in answer to the topic starting questions i believe the contains holding the black liquid in the first chamber were caused to leak because the room was air-tight and they might of been unstable contianers in process, but this is just seculation as the containers that you see when david enters the space jockeys control room are perfectly fine and dont seem to be leaking?

all this aside i cant wait for another film as it is coming because to many questions are left un-answered and we all know that scott wouldn't leave us out in the cold about this

Great movie! ******

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I have no idea if I have said this before so if I have my bad.

I thought the IMAX 3D was amazing. It felt like you were really there. The screen wasn't a weird color, the glasses didn't hurt and my eyes didn't feel like they were full of sand afterwards. I thought CGI was amazing as well because the sights and effects and creatures actually looked like they might have been real.

It's amazing how the Engineers weren't CGI at all... mostly.

Planning on seeing it again before its time in theatres runs out. Great film.

@DD: I had way too much fun making that poster. Fassbender's face is even more hilarious for me because it's just his grinning mug pasted over a still of him being serious.

One thing I didn't get: what happened to the hammerpedes after they killed the biologist?

tawganator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Fuck Yeah! Just got back from the cinemas and loved every minute of it. Better late then never, eh.

Also did anyone else think that the Engineers looked a bit like Voldemort on steroids?

Nah, they didn't yell for no particular reason through half the movie.

http://blog.khanneasuntzu.com/?p=3380

^ This is some pretty kick-ass analysis.

^ I actually read up to the middle of scene 2 before calling it quits. Don't get me wrong, I'll eventually get back to it, I just thought it was gonna be a short article on the underlying themes or whatever... not an actual scene-by-scene analysis of what it meant when Shaw smiled a certain way when she could have frowned, or worse - smirked!

Really interesting though. Just goes to show how much attention I pay to the small details anymore. Consciously, anyway.

^ Read her idea for the sequel, at any rate. Not the way I'd go with it, but very interesting.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I not sure if this has been discussed in depth, but does anybody have a theory on what killed so many of the engineers off on Lv-223? I get that whatever it was it could of easily gotten lost on the planet. I mean an entire planet to roam around on, so I understand why we wouldn't be shown or told more about them in the movie.

That's one of the most terrifying thing's I've thought about. Whatever it is could potentially be the most dangerous thing in that part of space if still alive.

Well they did have there chests busted open but after 2000+ years on a supposed lifeless planet could mean that what ever it was could be dead by now. Or not.