Prometheus Discussion

ash, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

So I've just got back from the cinema and I have to say this film has given me so much spark of life for the Alien now. Loads of questions, The Jockeys have many Cargo ships like the one here LV 223 aswell as LV4 26. This one was to bring the end of human kind which obviously we see, didnt happen. Either Weyland Corpe or The Jockeys must go back to LV 223 to cease control of this early stage of an Alien from the end of the film don't you think?
Also this Alien that came out had an egg of some kind come out of the Jockey or was that just my eyes of excitement oversee that? David seemed to have a much bigger agenda than even Weyland? And knew what would happen to Shaw. Did he was to take it back for himself? I don't get why that scene when she was getting it out of her was overlooked so much? Like no one cared she got away or the alien was in that room. Does anyone agree?

When they got into the chamber room with the pods. I'm assuming it was the presence of humans in the room made the pods active (like an alien egg opening) It had black liquid which David put into shaws bf, he had a similar reaction to the jockey at the beginning, what is this all about? But then this "cobra hugger" comes into effect, how was there only 2 of these huggers out of all the pods? I'm literally looking at so much of this film. Sorry to bore you all lol

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm watching this tomorrow morning - i'll review it then....

Nice break down Ash. Thanks.

Also the opening scene looks like the creation of humans on earth.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Its out already!? OH MA GAWD. Ill get back to you on this

*Rushes to cinema*

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It's not out until next Friday if you live in the U.S.

*SPOILERS*

The 'Cobra huggers* were mutated worms. Worms that came off of the crew's boots as they traversed the planet landscape.

The Squid, although I frowned upon this at first, clearly to me, became an oversized prototype facehugger which ended up impregnating the Space Jockey at the end of the film, a very nice touch I thought.

Visually, this film was absolutely jaw dropping, I was in total fan boy glee when we first got to see the pilot chamber and the Juggernaut (Derelict) - the scenes of the Jockey climbing into the chair and fusing with the biomech suit were fantastic.

On a final note, i'm sure everyone will have very mixed opinions about the closing 'money shot' at the very end of the film. I didn't have a problem with this at all, Ridley definitely paid his fan base some credit...

The film creates so many questions, and so much scope for discussion, I think Scott did us proud.

8/10 for me.

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

The people posting on the IMDB.com forums are ripping it apart for the most part. There are a lot of gripes about bad casting, plot holes, mediocre script. Most people are also complaing that they expected that this movie would answer a lot of questions, but it answered very little, and left you with even more unanswered questions. Of course, RS told us that it wasn't a prequel to Alien, so I don't know why people want direct explanations to a movie that it isn't a prequel to. I'm truly hoping that it isn't as disappointing as they are making it out to be. I've been really anticipating this movie, and I hope I don't leave the theater feeling like these people did.

The only critic that is important, is yourself. I never buy into what movie reviewers say. They are a bunch of trumped up, bias dinosaurs who only credit films about the war, period dramas or people struggling with illness. Anything outside those parameters is deemed 'poor'

And seriously - IMDB is a troll house. Empire would be a better place to read your reviews.

As I've personally said, if you walk into this thinking it's an Alien prequel, which far too many are doing, you're in for a shock, it's really not that at all.

I can easily say, with a clear mind though, that this film is the best in the 'universe' since alien 3. Hands down.

It seemed though Dave that the clearly Alien imprint on the wall in the chamber with the pods is what the jockey's wanted from there bioweapons? Also the Jockey smiled at David, you reckon it was a mocking smile? like oh look our creation made copies of themselves. He clearly knew he was an android. Ugh I'm full of questions. This is why I love the Alien universe. I loved this film and will watch it again.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Question for those of you lucky bastards who've seen the movie, did you see the IMAX version? Or regular. I'm wondering if it would make the experience better or worse.

Well my cinema showed the film on Sony 4K digital and in 3D. Not in IMAX however it was pretty stunning from where I was sitting lol

Regular 3D - it was stunning.

And Ash - I think the Jockey was basically enraged with the fact the humans had been creating their own 'life' - that right there mirrors the greek mythology of Prometheus itself.

I agree about the mural, although it appears from the Space Jockey holograms that the Engineers were escaping what I assumed to be an alien out break (Most of the dead jockeys in the temple had their chests burst) - perhaps it was something they indeed did create for weapon purposes but foolishly realised too late, that they could not control it.

I absolutely love the fact this film leaves us with so many questions.

Ok so with that black fluid it infected the worms the brought in from outside on there boots? So in theory the Bio Weapon is just infact a virus that takes form of what living thing it gets control of? Plus I still dont get hollaway and that other guy where as if they had the T-Virus going mental attacking everything. That I didn't get. And the cobra didn't impregnate, only killed and then stayed inside his mouth? Very fast regeneration when he cut it off his arm. It was all very Alien related I loved it.

The black ooze was basically a DNA altering solution with means of either creating or destroying life. The juggernaut (Derelict) was loaded full of these as its cargo, ready to take off back to Earth to wipe out the human race, as in the jockeys/engineers eyes, the humans had become too advanced.

I thought Vickers displayed her Ice queen persona perfectly when she torched Holloway with the flame thrower, quite a strong scene I found.

I'm unsure of why the ooze had different effects upon different species, but I'm happy Prometheus left us with more questions than answers, as it gives us more to speculate about on here.

With the fact they had there chests bursted and an outbreak happened, where did these Aliens go? Shaw did say it was a couple hundred years old but Aliens don't just die do they?

Well, there was no-one left in the temple, who's to say that the creatures didn't just leave? They've got a whole planet as a playground, they could've been anywhere - they clearly wasn't in the other temples, as Shaw and David went to one of the others to get a new ship.

bug-hunt, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Thats one question that has not been answered, we know face huggers die after implanting a host but what about full size xenomorphs what is there life span?

As dave said they could just be some where else on the planet.

Goes into the unknown territory of the internal workings of the creatures themselves. It's never been officially stated how long the aliens can survive without food etc, that's if they even need food to survive at all.

bug-hunt, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

If you have been lucky enough to reed some of the alien series books there is some reference to aliens being able to survive very long periods of time in space with no food and heat.

killswitch, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

'Aliens' could offer a potential insight to this question as when all colonial hosting resources were exhausted the aliens slipped into a sort of hibernation. It took the marines actually entering the hive to awaken them. As stated, there's no reason they couldn't be somewhere else on the planet.

This is true, also when the humans on Prometheus entered the chamber everything in the room became active Although I never understood the murals changing? the ceiling? Plus the wall with the Xeno reference was infact a door if I remember rightly. Do you reckon maybe that's where the outbreak is locked away in?