DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I have found out the true name of the Proto-Xenomorph: The Deacon! Also Deacon's protruding jaw was inspired by the goblin shark.

If everyone already knew this my bad.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I thought it was either or. I prefer 'Protomorph' myself, but that's because I think it was either Dave or one of you who made it up; I haven't seen the exact term elsewhere.

Edit: Also hey, there's that monster discussion! Wrong thread.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^Sorry about that

Mebber, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

So, i've finally watched it, came back from cinema a few mins ago. It's been released here for 2 weeks now, so i'm pretty late. Well huh, i want to share my opinion of the movie before reading any others, so here it is.

Alright. First, i just don't like one of the main themes of the entire movie one bit - this whole constructor-theme about (humanoid! humanoid!) aliens who've created humanity. It borrows way too much from "ancient astronauts"-ideas, which i don't like, because i see them as dull and worn out. That's of course just a personal opinion and has nothing to do with the objective quality of the movie.

But the movie has objective flaws, too. Way too much logic errors or simply implausible behaviour, something which can ruin whole movies for me. Okay, i don't want to rant without becoming concrete, so a single example:

-the whole containment stuff. I mean, it starts with the crew taking off their helmets inside the building. It's a foreign world, they don't know shit about its biosphere, they don't know what's actually raining on them (they even admit it's probably not simple water since it contains protein), seriously, is it a good idea to take of the helmets? Don't think so.
Alright, then this guy becomes ill, and gets toasted to avoid him entering the ship. Actually a pretty evident and rational action!
But it becomes worse again afterwards. So, Wash is pregnant with who-the-hell knows, escapes and rips the damn thing out of her. Then, she finds her way to Mr. Wayland. Oh hello, you've been here all the time? Cool. So they start talking a bit of gossip or what else. Yeah, alright, shes almost naked, covered in blood and isn't in a good condition, but who cares to ask for it. Anyway, no one even mentions this damn monster-baby anymore, not even Miss Vickers. Hell, she toasted a member of her crew some hours ago because he was ILL, but now she doesen't care about what happened to the monster-tentacle-parasite-baby, she even don't care about asking. Sure, leave it on the goddamn ship. Toast the ill human, leave the strange alien monster alive. And of course, absolutely trust the mother of this beast. It's not like she could be infected with who-the-hell knows because you still don't know what-the-fuck is actually going on.

So, i stop ranting. Sure thing, it's never a good thing to have all too high expectations for a movie, you get disappointed easily, but i thing there are some serious, reasonable points for beeing dissatisfied of the movie.

Well, the movie is not "bad" for me. I liked it, but not as much as the alien trilogy. The pictures and visuals are great and the sets have nice aesthetics. The acting of both Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender are good up to great/stunning, Charlize Theron and Idris Elba are good and satisfying; the others are forgettable imho.

Some of the ideas/hints in the movie are nice and interesting, and Scott introduced more exciting riddles. The soundtrack was bombastic.

And of course the giant face-raping tentaclefacehugger was awesome.

But overall, i did hoped for more. Let's see what a sequel can do. 6/10.

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

i....have.....1....question.....why in the love of god is xenomorph changed?

i can not count this in the alien franchise.

sorry likers.....but the greatest xenoo fan in history......is a hater.

screw this shit!

krio, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

i am with you bro

that shit sucks.

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

who likes that movie?

i dont even think it is alien.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Because it wasn't a normal Xenomorph?

Because it's going to become the first xenomorph?

Because it gives birth to normal xenomorphs?

There are literally dozens of possibilities there. Personally, I like the notion that Xenomorphs are A product of the black goo, not necessarily THE product. Lots of horrible shit can get created by that stuff, as seen with the worms.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Yeah, those guys are terrifying. Imagine sticking a bear in that goo.