fond memories

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

I start this topic looking back into the past, to post the fond memories of some of our favourite franchises, as well as our site. As I’m about to elaborate on some of my memories I ask you to share yours as well.

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

One of my fondest memories is when I first the movie alien, back in the 90’s. I had never before seen a good sci-fi movie. Let alone an alien that bursts out of your chest. None the less it is one of the only movies I remember watching for the first time.

Second comes directly from our site. While it wasn’t a pleasing topic to most, do you remember the big flamer/hacker hoax? While it was pretty bad it was also very memoriable.

And as of this second I have encountered a huge mental block so more to come from me later

FireHunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

one of my fondest memories of the site was when i first joined up and i was a noob, lol

When i first saw Alien: Resurrection and i was scared of the Newborn.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol well yeah I remember renting Alien Resurrection when it came out lol like 10 years ago now (holy shit) They hassled me and my buddy when we tried to get it at blockbuster lol cuz we were like 9 years old lol I also remember playing the PS1 game for that movie around the same time.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hmmmm... well... Aliens have been my favourite sci-fi creatures ever since i first saw the first three movies, way before Alien: Rez came out... many things i've done in the past are linked to Xenomorphs in one way or another. I have alot of poems and stories written in the last 4 or 5 years (after i started playing AvP in MP), all entitled "Species Deathmatch", all about AvP. About 56 of them i think. Most of them are school work that i addapted so that AvP would fit them. I wrote one even at the National Tests that get you into highschool. Also at some point in these last 4 or 5 years i remember playing with my friends (i have constantly 2 friends, otherwise i either make one more or lose one), me and another guy were aliens and HeadHunter (the guy who only came here to say that aliens suck and then never came back again) was a predator, and i had some long branch for a tail and he had a HUGE IRON DISK AND A METAL BAR!!! Anyway, he almost hit me once with the disk, but i'm to fast and so he got a big branch over the face.

Well... and about this site... what is there to remember? I'm not yet old enaugh here and i feel i never will be... All i remember is that there were few Shadow Serpents even when i joined, and that there was the biggest spammer and the most disloyal person i ever met (except for predess maybe) in there too. And i remember how me and lucifer used to cook people in the free chat... And the My Skull games... that's all... Apart from that, everything's still here.

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

I remember I saw the first Predator movie when I still was a kid (believe me I've been young once too lol) and 'cos I wasn't fit to play barbie or house games with girls I had to play with local boys of hunting them down, and I had this laser pointer as the plasma caster thingy in the dark.

I also remember killing the ex -leader of Hunters moon several times in RPG without my own will lol (Who killed Celtic?? YOU BASTARD!!)

As well as I remember the time I got accepted in Balatu, and they tricked me to think I had done something bad to the K20A2? And I freaked out 'cos I had hardly even posted to the site.

As the alien movies my mom always screamed that why I'm watching maggots from film again lol And how my dad got excited of the machine they used in some of the movies and Ripley fought the Queen with it. He said it could help a lot in his timber work as working as "hiiop" lol (My father have used these hooks and relied on pure muscle when moving logs... Those hooks are nice... *grins*).

We also fought with my brother on some alien film when we argued about some thing in it, I just can't remember what it was all about... Dementia... Who me? I don't have dementia, I'm just tired... Demented... Did I say demented? DAMNED, Not dementia, I'm demented... NO, not demented but tired... Yeah demented... JUMALAUTA!

I'm slightly amused thinking Wraith running around having a branch in his pants lol

FireHunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

branch in his pants?, predess, don't think of those things, they'll give you nightmares, well that depends on what side of the pants the branch is in.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Fond memories? Back when AVP and AVP: Requiem never existed.

Ummm predess can't have nightmares with me, she's my wife and sees me with branches in my pants all the time, and if something good happens to me in a dream, it was a good dream, if something bad happens to me in a dream, it was an even better one. Unless she's wearing pink in the dream. Then it's still a good thing because it was just a dream but even so...

Malus-Darkblade, Undefined, 16 years ago

No freakin way. Predess, tell me you are not married to this n00b. That's an order, soldier.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

...Yet another shining example of why this site has gone downhill.

What happened to the days where we actually used to have decent alien & predator related discussions on here? Those are what my fond memories are of...& I doubt we'll ever get them back.

One of the things i like to remember is what i said about Crow in the clan forum when we weren't included in the RPG... good days those were... well not the best, but still way better than these, i'm glad i at least got to see some decent topics here and make a few decent posts (i don't remember ever doing so, but i must have, at some point at least).

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

-Strolls into the topic and sits down in a chair. With a smug grin, he speaks.-

The most fondest memory I have about this site was this;
I'm thinking of the time when I first played and hung out with the two most prettiest ladies of this site, Shadowatching and Predatoress. Those were the good ol' days for me, but it does not stop there!
When I was going to the Army Education Center and the My Skull Topic was up and running, Shadowatching and I had a lengthly conversation, without breaking the rules. Of course, to talk, we had to post, but she and I didn't. We simply posted out actions and then Editted our posts so we can talk Out Of Character. Very few people caught on to it, and it is still very funny to keep those people guessing on what Shadow and I were talking about. LOL!

scar774, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well my fondest AVP-related memory was, well surprisingly enough, The first time I saw AVP in theatres. It was the first Alien or Predator movie I saw. And, as much as it sucked, it turned me on to Alien and predator, Within a few months I had seen all the movies and had started reading the books and comics and playing the games, so, surprisingly enough, My fondest memeory is seeing AVP because then I saw all the other better movies.

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

Stalker - don't rip your dreads off or sink in depression, there were as much spam topic in the old ages as well where people were actually allowed to say hi to each other.

And it's not my fault if they take things too seriously. And Malus can sit back and relax lol

I'm not worried but the spamming what is focused on one person in hostile manner, like a personal attack. This rises a debate where cynisism blooms and people gets irritated and cuss each other etc. If something this should be fun community to be with (even though my nature is combined to black humor).

Aww and Kidd made me to blush. I'm nothing that special.

I remember my first posts in here, and they were written with bad English... Yes, Wraith, even worse I write now... And I was always worried if you people could tell what I'm saying. I also remember Stalker being a nice guy trying to help me out with problems I had, and he made me wanting to get in Balatu clan at the first place.

I've met lots of people in here and have fought with them as well as loved them, and seeing and getting in touch of the people around the globe have made my view wider. And I always loved to pick on cultural differences with a glimpse in my eye just to make people laugh (Damn you Australians, having Christmas on summer, or damn you Irish people and your tea etc.).

Hmmh well that was more of the people on the site, not actually AvP... Well I learnt in here that they make books, comics and toys out of the genre, which was new for me, 'cos as much as I loved the movies I thought seldom people liked them at all and they didn't have any extra stuff around.

Worse... than... now... Predess?? Oh no...
You know i really think your english was alot better when we were playing My Skull than it is now. Or maybe i wasn't paying attention or my english was alot worse then than it is now or something, but it's probably the attention thing. You know, the My Skull game is what got me into SMASHING YOUR HEAD INTO WALLS for the first time, and now look at us... i'm SMASHING YOUR HEAD INTO WALLS even as i type! I think the reason i hated you so much is because everyone wanted to make an alliance (i hate alliances in DM games) with you woooo cos you were such a nice lady with that sig of yours woooo, with the pretty face on it woooo, and with Shadow sweet-talking everyone woooo, BUN NOW WE KNOW, HUH?? YOU ARE IN NO WAY A NICE LADY except maybe for the combination of the red(ish) part of your hair and one of your eyes in that picture where you look like a nautilus.