Dropping from the boards.

Glover, Undefined, 18 years ago

I'm sorry to dissappoint anyone here, especially the members of Alpha Draconis (who desperately need people) but I am permanently dropping from this board. Although much of it is my busy schedule, the bigger part is that I really dont like the direction the mods took in the last few days. Not to call anyone in particular out, but I think a lot of the actions lately have treated all of the members as though they are irresponsible children running wildly around a playground. Although I agree with some of the points they are trying to make, I rarely find myself agreeing with the ways in which they handle them. It appears from my vantage point to be an "I got you last" childrens game between the mods and the members. I've spoken to K20 in person about this (real life friend of mine) and although he doesnt fully agree with me, he has seen some of my points. Perhaps Dave should open a thread to discuss some new approaches with K20 later on (good luck getting ahold of him, he's been very busy lately so please be patient.) In the meantime however, its just a message board, so I really dont feel much loss in leaving. It was nice while it lasted, perhaps I will see some of you again. (Oh and to the chap who called K20 a "tool," I have never met a person in all my life who has more loyalty and devotion to his friends. If this makes him a "tool" then I think the world would greatly benefit if we were all "tools." Rethink your short life kid.)

I guess that Angels never learn to say goodbye.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Glover - people will be treated like children if they in fact act like children - your yourself was never invlved in any altercations with myself or the mods, but most of the new people on here are lucky if they push past the age of ten and were ruining the flow of the boards.

If you wish to compare me to a school teacher, then i whole heartedly agree, people who mess about and go against the system will be punished, the older members of this site are all behind the moderators, they know exactly what had to be done to get this site back on track, and, as stated apart from you and alpha alien, it has been happily working.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

alphaalien your a kid i know that you really behave like one 5 year old who thinks he is always right.
So go and find a free board or board just about sigs ok?

weapons: double wristblades, underarm blades,elbow blades, swords, combat spear, spear, plasmacaster, mini caster, nuke shoulder cannon, sherikans, 2 disks, remote bombs, mini spear gun,wrist fletchett, mask laser. equipment: advance tools, wrist computer, medikit, food, mask, energy recharger. extras: a picture of daveberg, deathdrop, note of davebergs advice.

Glover, it's not an argument - as i said - i think you have your wires crossed but i understand why - again - in the uk - cussing is considered as this - 'yo momma does blah blah blah' not just letting an expletive slip. From what i can gather for you guys, cussing is classed as swearing - which i have absolutely no problem with.

I don't even think it's an issue on the board personally, hardley anyone ever gets into argument on here, the main problem us mods have faced is the backlash of people maoning about having sigs taken away - yet they can't even notice that the board over the last 4 days has been brimming with avp discussions, something that has not happened in some time.

Our main banning and warning comes from spam. Just like ANY OTHER HALF DECENT message board, spam is not tolerated, hell, to give example, the graite me and bug go to - bug was on there for no more than ten mins before getting a warning about having a sig not at the correct size, other boards take the rules seriously, so what's the problem with us doing the same - it prevents trouble and lets things flow on here a little easier.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Honestly, its not the cussing, you know I cuss K20, its the fact that it says in the rules no cussing, and yet they are cussing by putting in ! and * for example. You see, its specifically the hypocrisy. And also Dave, ask K20 Ive never had a post with any infractions to your rules, and Ive never complained that a rule was "stupid" all I was saying was that I felt the way you guys were handling things was making everyone, those who had been stupid and those who hadnt, feel like little kids with only the mods to chaperone. But honestly, its not worth a pointless fight, as you and I have both said, there are other boards, if you dont like this one go somewhere else! So Im just gonna go queitly, good luck here.

Dave, like I said I dont want to get into an "I got you last" thing here, but I was never griping about not having a sig, in fact, I've never even had a sig, ask K20, I even told him the other night that I never wanted a sig. I dont have the time in my day, nor really the effort to care about making one. So before you call me shortsighted, maybe you should read my post. Im not arguing here to get sigs back, I dont have a sig to put back on. But its things like when you, yes you Daveberg, type sh!t or f*cking, when you clearly put on your own rules page not to cuss. That is hypocritical and childish. Do I feel less offended by seeing f*cking than I would if a certain vowel replaced the asterisk? Seriously, its childish.

K20A2, Undefined, 18 years ago

Hey guys, well I completely understand where both Glover and Dave are coming from. And yes here in the US cussing is like oh no bad you cant say that but in the UK as long as it is not directed to or about a person it is cool, it is like that here but not quite as liberal. But anyhow just to state my two cents I have reframed from cussing cause I tend to do it a lot if I am mad. But as mods and seeing myself, dave, B-H, TD, DD and Glover, we are all much older than 99% of the other members and where Glover is coming from is that we need to set an example to the younger members. Not to bash on yall younger members but yall tend to look at us the Mods and when you see one of us slip up a lot of you think that it is a free ticket to do the same thing. So I agree with Glover on no cussing, but also if you are ed express it yes please, but the bigger man/woman in all cultures around the world can meet their problems head on with no need for cussing. But in my opinion cussing is all fine and dandy, but I dont think that we should considering the current status of the board.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 1 disc, wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

ModSig.bmp.jpg

K20A2, Undefined, 18 years ago

So long glover I will see you around bro, but man since the time I took a unexpected hiatus and have come back, I hear people have been calling me a tool? If I recall I dont believe I have ever been unreasonable with anyone on the site just curious I guess.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 1 disc, wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

ModSig.bmp.jpg

I really am dissapointed that some of you cannot see the blatently obvious reason for why we dropped signatures.

Thi is a board about AVP. Not signatures. Do you even comprehend how many topics we had to delete every single day that were only concerning signature images and graphics? No-one was talking about avp anymore. Something had to be done - please tell me what's so harsh about this? Seeing since the sigs have been removed, everyone has gone back to the root of his site and are enjoying avp related discussions again.

Forgive my rude gesture, but the only ones i see who are moaning about it are the ones who can't seem to see more than two feet in front of them and refuse to see the bigger picture.

As i have stated so many times - you guys are lucky to have us as mods - the boards i go to, hardley any of you would last five minutes, the mods are so strict on rules, you'd be out on your elbow no sooner as you'd signed up.

Really, what is so hard to understand, you all judge yet the reality is, non of you actually have a clue about how hard it has been for us to moderate this board over the last few months, the spam has been absolutely ridiculous.

I care not who wishes to leave over this, it is a simple deal with any message board, you either folow the rules, or you are banned.

Tell me - if you were modding for a site that was on a specific topic and people did nothign but talk about everythign but your chosen topic, what would you do?

If people came on and started cussing other members what would you do?

If people constantly went against the designated rulings of your own set up, again, what would you do?

Exactly my point, what we did was right, i don't really know you and sorry if this offends, but i feel sorry for you if you cannot see that this actually has worked. People need to stop whinging and moaning just because they haven't got sigs, this is not a graphics forum, it's about avp, and now the sigs are gone, everythign has goneback to normal.

So what's the problem?

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Think you've missed the point my son, i dont care that people cuss or swear, i do it all the time, but it's when people directly cuss out others on this site, something which i have refrained from doing since taking the post as head moderator, yes i get angry, but really, what do you people expect, trying to mod some of you on the board is like trying to train monkeys. People just don't take anythign in or are so completely ignorant that they just don't care, i'm begining to think if some of you even have the common respect to go by the rulings of governing bodies that actually lay these 'laws'

You don't go walking into someone's house and sh!t on their carpet if there's a sign saying 'no sh!tting on the carpet please.' It's just damn rude.

If people can't learn to respect the ruling we have colaberated together in order to makes things run smooth around here, then leave, it's that simple.

And just to point out - in the UK cussing means dissing to you guys on other countries, as i said, i could care less if people wanna swaer, so long as they don't do it blatently at eachother, i come from an east end family in the the heart of london, swearing is almost an extension of my vocabulary, i just choose not to express it on here unless i've had a bad day on the board tryin to tame you lot from ruining the site - which to me and the mods, has happened just a little too much lately - hence bringin in K20 to join our moderation staff.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Iseijin, Undefined, 18 years ago

I come from a strict house, with very strict parents, and I know what rules are for and how to obey them. In fact, I've come to appreciate it and understand how a place must have rules in order to thrive. Same thing applies here. Rules are needed. That's a fact. Rules must be enforced. Another fact. Enforced rules create order and peace. 1 + 1 = 2. Now if you cannot understand that simple logic then I question your ability to function mentally.

Now I may not have been a long term member but I respect the rules and the Moderators that enforce them. That's what they are here for, both the rules and the Mods. They have put an incredible amount of work into this and the least we can give them is our appreciation and our gratitude. Many other places would have kicked your rear end out before you had a chance to realize what was going on. They are lenient but also tough and fair. They have to be. A few fools have managed to mess this up for everyone else and the Mods are here to set things right. We should be thanking their efforts, and those who cannot appreciate that kind of dedication can go somewhere else. You won't be missed.

bug-hunt, Undefined, 18 years ago

People you need to go look at other chat site's/forums we were so lenient in the past and in some respect still are. The rules have been laid down and added to over the last year due to some very bad instances in the past, we have had multiple spam attacks, sexual harassment, racism, and more spam overloading, for god sake we let you sign up striate away go to other site's and you have to register via email and wait for a pass word before you can post and as dave said you go to other sites you do one little thing wrong and you get a warning, 2 things and your banned simple.
People the rules are here to stay by all means if you want to question a rule talk to us and we can tell you why that rule is there and if one may need adjusting then so be it we will, as for dave being a nazi or a power ego thug that's a load of bull as all major decisions are discussed with all the mods before being implemented on to this site, so in that case we are all power ego thugs so have a go at us all.
ARHHHHHHHHHHHH you people don't know how much work we have put in to this site and still do, only people that have been here from the beginning have a real right to moan. but won't cos they know how much cr@p this site has had to indure in the past, and WILL NOT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE lump it of leave.

bug-red-sky-sig.jpg
Bug-Renders

shazuipredalien, Undefined, 18 years ago

u dropped sigs as a punishment for people who keep spamming like a schoolkid getting a detention now hopefully evry1 will learn their lesson and obey the rules-i c nothing wrong with that decision

i search all day for intruders of my hive
the queen must be safe thats how we stay alive
i tear apart any life that comes near
i am a warrior so all preds fear!
for the might of the lone predalien will come
and every living thing near will succumb....

bug-hunt, Undefined, 18 years ago

sigs were not dropped as a punishment they were dropped to stop the spam topic's of sigs and to get people back on track on the real matters in hand ......AVP..... and it has worked.

bug-red-sky-sig.jpg
Bug-Renders

shazuipredalien, Undefined, 18 years ago

u dropped sigs as a punishment for people who keep spamming like a schoolkid getting a detention now hopefully evry1 will learn their lesson and obey the rules-i c nothing wrong with that decision

i search all day for intruders of my hive
the queen must be safe thats how we stay alive
i tear apart any life that comes near
i am a warrior so all preds fear!
for the might of the lone predalien will come
and every living thing near will succumb....

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

do we really need so many people praising the mods?u know if u break the rules,you r out.they know how 2 do their jobs.dont get involved,and they wont need to keep replying to your thanks and "im glad u banned him".let them get on with it.

Topdogg, Undefined, 18 years ago

understand ur point mate but u must understand ours, we didnt want to do this but we were forced to, now things are getting back on track things will start to look up

topdogg2.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

i never said the decision was wrong.all i was getting at was all the kissing some people do just to get into a clan.

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

I agree with you wholy harrigan. I'm very sorry to say this and don't hate me for it but one thing I hate about people is how they keep posting "lets ban this guy" or "he's an idiot it was great that you banned him". Seriously, some of you guys I believe don't even know these members even on the board and you're already in full agreement with the mods.

I'm someone who will say what I think even if it gets me banned when someone even mods go out of line. But like I have said, I personally think(even if you don't agree) that the mods are doing exactly what's right for this website. I think they need to be this strict to keep things in order. I'm not kissing up to anyone, this is what I really think. That's why you'll never see me post in a topic about banning someone and agreeing and praising the mods. Even if I think what they did might be right but they don't need me to say it, and it's useless for me to say it anyways.

Glover, me and the clan will definetly miss you. Even if we have never had a chance to participate in an RPG together, you'll always be a valued member of our clan just like all our present members. I'll miss you man. It's too bad you can't see it in another way. Good bye man.

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

alphaalien, Undefined, 18 years ago

I' WIT U GLOVER

Alpha, I dont want you with me, you're making me look bad. Thanks TDN, I understand what you mean and I appreciate that. I guess this just wasnt my thing, I really was looking forward to the RPG, but I cant stand to be treated like a child by people who would be my peers if we met in person. I guess its a matter of principle.