Aliens vs Predator- The Game (2010)

Stalker, Yautja, 14 years ago

I've noticed there hasn't been much discussion about the massive announcement of the new AVP game being released next year. What are everyone's opinions on the game so far? Judging of course from the current batch of screen shots & the predator video which is out.

For those who haven't seen the new Aliens vs Predator in action yet, here is a link to the currently released videos on Game Trailers.com.

I think the predator looks great, & the visual effects of the acid blood spraying onto the screen look very impressive. My only real complaint so far is the over-imposed HUD (heads-up display). It takes up far too much space on the screen. Keeping in mind that the game is a while from being completed yet, I'm sure this minor issue will be sorted in the final version. Not to mention that we haven't even seen the alien or marine in action yet.

Rebellion gave us gold with the original AVP PC game, so I have no doubt the new one will be phenomenal. The only real shame is that we will have to wait until early next year to get our hands on it.

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

I am expecting it to be better then the last, the way the world works. The bigger the worse, well this one hasn't had a good preview as most of the other games has. Yes, I am writing this half wake and i expect some errors in my spelling and grammar. Back on topic. I don't expect people to fawn over a game as this one, as they do the other IE Final fantasy or battle field or the prototype. I am expecting this game to go beyond those games and become epic.

From seeing the site and those around me that are in to the game, it seems to me, by them that the game is more then that it will dive more in depth of the yaujta as well as the pred and marine, hell new weapons might merge and show up, I am not sure at this point.

But, From what a friend told me we might see children or females in the game, again I am not quoting just unsure of my sources's source is correct.

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

It looks exciting, but Aliens: Colonial Marines is (speculation only, guys) due to see the light of day soon, so I guess Aliens will be first priority.

Stalker, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think Colonial Marines is in development hell right now. AVP came out of left field to the announcement that it is being released before the stand-alone Aliens game.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

A game where i can be an alien killing humans weill always be a priority over a game where i have to kill aliens being a human.

So far, as i've said i'm very excited about AvP3, except for the pred's newfound talent in having dual weapons everywhere and punching like a 6th grader. Also, the aim-and-jump system they seem to be implementing is not as exciting.

BrutaL, Yautja, 14 years ago

So far I REALLY like this game, except that they haven't shown us any Alien or Marine footage. But hooray for the Predators!

I hope they make the tail track the enemy's head like it did in AvP 1, because somehow it makes more sense to me to do that.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

I've actually been visiting an ACM website and Colonial Marines is still in production, new stuff is actually coming out almost every week... although it's not much (basic in-game models, brief interviews, etc.). It looks to be... promising.

I'm actually very excited about AVP, much more than any other game that's going to be released.

What I'm hoping for is that it isn't forgotten when ACM hits stores.

Gaunt, Yautja, 14 years ago

They have made the Pred alien look great, AGGGGGGG WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR? IT LOOKS SO FUN.

I actually hate the predalien, it's just like in the movie.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 14 years ago

And everyone just loves the movie, yessir.

CelticScar, Yautja, 14 years ago

That game looks awesome, why do they torture us fans with such a long wait!

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

to say 'we told you it was worth the wait'

And because the longer we wait, the better the game will be. The proof are Gothic 3 and Duke Nukem Forever.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

And many people liked the idea of an AVP movie. They wanted it since the comics came out. And, well, good job, fans.

Grid-Head, Yautja, 14 years ago

i got to get this game i saw in game footage and it was like every move was a brutal kill strike

No, that's prety much Prototype. Colonial Marines looks more like a new version of Breed and i've never liked that game. But i'll play this one for the aliens. And this one looks like it has a pretty stiff gameplay from the predator footage i've seen.

Hive_Serpent, Yautja, 14 years ago

For me the most interesting thing in the predator is the grab "ability", well if the alien gameplay will have the grab "ability" it will like the aliens movies grabbing and bye bye head. I think it will be a good game, hoping to be the best game o AVP...

The grabbing is probably only a predator "trophy kill" thing, which by the way, i must say, suck. I mean sticking the wristblades all the way through the skull? WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU LEARNED THAT??? YOU ARE COMPLETELY RUINING THE SKULL!!!