Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › OFF-TOPIC THREAD 17: DINOSAURS ARE THE SHIT

Forum

OFF-TOPIC THREAD 17: DINOSAURS ARE THE SHIT

Register or login to post
skull_ripper
2016-06-26 14:58:10
Yautja
To be honest, as far as the replies I've received, you've probably been the most civil. And yeah, it is insane that this tragedy has occurred and it probably could have been prevented if there were background checks when purchasing a weapon.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Peterson
2016-06-26 19:06:02
Human
Just going to throw a curve ball in for those of you that don't own guns or have never attempted to buy one... I own three firearms, in order to own a firearm or to legally purchase on you have to go through a licensed vendor who is required by federal law to submit a background check, for a rifle or shotgun it's about a 1-3 day process for a handgun it has to go through the fbi database which takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks. As far as stricken regulations the constitution was developed to allow non bat shit crazy people to have firearms equivalent to adequately be able to overthrow a tyrannical government. Now granted that's impossible as of this day in age due to tanks drones etc etc. all I'm going to say.
skull_ripper
2016-06-26 22:58:54
Yautja
The only gun law I am currently aware of that relates to where I live, is that a private seller(any individual who owns a firearm and wishes to sell it) can legally sell their guns without notifying anyone within the government regardless of the history of the person they are selling it to since they aren't required to undertake any form of background check. More of a loop hole the crazies can take advantage of, I suppose.

I feel as though I should either read more about gun related laws, or stop commenting on the debate about gun control. Other than knowing how to operate most kinds of guns, how to take proper care of them and so forth, I really don't know that much about them as I mostly know these things because my older brother taught me. So this is probably going to be my last comment on the matter for now, it's probably for the best this way.

I gotta agree about modern military technologies, would be near impossible for a revolution to successfully occur if the government went full blown tyrannical on us in the future given the huge scale of U.S. territory and how far warfare capabilities have advanced over the past several decades.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
DeathWraith
2016-06-27 07:05:53
Xenomorph
Come on SR, you know how it be. In a debate, you're either with me, or an idiot. Unless you can refute my arguments in such a way that I am revealed as the idiot, which I always appreciate, because the next time I'll have a new point of view to argue with even stronger arguments.

Also, Bloo, I haven't linked you Kpop in ages. Are you doing alright?

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
Deathdrop
2016-06-27 09:19:38
Yautja
^ ur FACE is a ideit
DeathWraith
2016-06-27 13:06:02
Xenomorph
yea well ur mom had sex lm,ao

READ THE RULES

skull_ripper
2016-06-28 00:58:22
Yautja
@DW: Very true, very true. I think I just let my personal stress bleed over into this, which I apologize for. i r wuz teh stohped lust weak, noaw i us butter cuz eets munday.

In other news, I got a Bloodletter of Khorne today! I think I'm getting better at painting miniatures.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/Blargosaurusrex/IMG_1428_zpsyahpumqh.jpg

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/Blargosaurusrex/IMG_1443_zpsruwl4yis.jpg

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/Blargosaurusrex/IMG_1431_zpsjsx2uxhl.jpg

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Dronehive
2016-06-28 05:51:55
Xenomorph
@ DD

The problem is making sure due process isnt interrupted, otherwise things WILL get discriminatory. Thats just the truth.

Espeically when people cite the ni fly no buy thing. An inaccurate name- it would also ban people on secret watchlists with criteria we dont know.
-Bloo-
2016-06-28 14:14:03
Xenomorph
EDIT: Had this whole thing about guns about realized it wasn't substantive--basically you also need to change gun culture in America if you have any hopes of making gun laws and purchasing processes any better. And arguably, gun culture is more of a problem than the laws themselves. It's also a problem that the strictness and thoroughness of background checks isn't constant across states, which it should be. It's ridiculous how easy it is to get a gun in states like Alaska, even if you just moved here.

@DW: BOY!!! Do I love legs. I don't know if mechanic girl or baseball girl is my favorite. If I wasn't already OK, then I am now.

About "reading" hentai: I don't know about you but I just can't look at an adult manga if it isn't translated to English. What am I gonna do if I don't know why the girl is really shy for some reason? I need to know if she thinks his shaft is oishii

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DarkLioness
2016-06-28 20:45:10
Xenomorph
@skull-ripper

My apologies if I gave the impression that I was talking down to you or interpreted your post to mean that giving up was an option, I just sort of ended up venting without paying attention to what I was really saying and was having a bad day. Plus I just don't have that much faith in humanity anymore to see us actually improving and bettering ourselves, so things getting worse than they already are just seems inevitable or at least that's just my opinion for now. I've been rather cynical in my demeanor as of late in my personal life and more often than not I've felt like saying "Fuck it I don't care anymore", I'll probably snap out of it in a little while though. Just constantly hearing about bad stuff both in the world and in my own family has really effected me badly and as a result it's driven my morale to an all time low.

Also Bloo concerning the subject that is hentai.......Parade Parade really disappointed me.

Oh and we're now getting shoebots it seems.

Heathen heart, rebel mind and a twisted soul.
DeathWraith
2016-06-29 03:24:46
Xenomorph
@Bloo: Nice This also includes legs. It is also a strong contender for SOTY imo. And we all know that mo is the only o that matters.

Anyway, when I said hentai I was thinking more about individual pictures and not actual mangas. Those tend to be... censored.

READ THE RULES

Deathdrop
2016-06-29 09:48:18
Yautja
@dronehive: I agree.

@DW: that was ur mum m8 lol
Register or login to post
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners