Deathdrop, Yautja, 7 years ago

I think we can express our amazement or frustration without taking the Lord's name in vain, Bloo, you rapscallion, you.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 7 years ago

Wow, Bloo, I didn't know you could rap!

DarkLioness, Yautja, 7 years ago

So the free course on sharks at Cornell University is quite a joy and offers real information, while also being fun and interactive it's still challenging.

Peterson, Yautja, 7 years ago

not gona lie im rather annoyed with this fucking ad that i cant delete....

skull_ripper, Yautja, 7 years ago

@DL: I know that's not what you meant, and you don't need to apologize to me, I should be the one apologizing and I hope you can find it in you to forgive me for taking it that way. I've had so much happening in my life lately that I feel like I'm being crushed from all sides and I'm close to my breaking point. I'm just sorry my stress manifested in the way it did, especially on here because it's not something that will just disappear.

I only said what I said because of the number of non-gun related violent crimes that happen where I live on a daily basis. There's just so many fatal stabbings and beatings here that it's like living in the freaking stone age.

I cant blame you for feeling that way, you have every right. I know I have felt that way before, I've struggled with depression for most of my life, and at this point I'm feeling something that has been compared to postpartum depression after my first trip out of my home state. I was always treated like some sort of prodigal child, like I was going to be the one to make it out of this shit hole and be somebody; but I'm stuck in a dead end job struggling to keep afloat. I'm a little off my rocker right now, and I should probably take a break from the site for awhile to be honest.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 7 years ago

I've never not been a rapper. I was born with one hand gripping a mic and the other gripping my balls. The doctor took one look at me and screamed at the nurses for a bucket of water; never in his life had he ever seen a baby on fire. I was literally born while swimming in pussy.

They used to call me DJ Dasani because no one knows how to pronounce my fucking name.

The only reason they call me scallion is because my rhymes taste good in the moment but leave you with fucked up breath later on.

I don't need a grill on my teeth. My teeth are so white that they think Mos Def is an actor.

As I grew up, I learned how to rap simply from eating Monopoly money and puking it out later. I've always been spitting game.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 7 years ago

Hey no need to apologize for that at all skull-ripper but if it's all the same apology accepted either way. I wasn't feeling so cheerful that day either so I get where you're coming from there. Seems to be more and more common now, feeling depressed I mean.

However if you feel that you do need to take a break for a while I doubt anyone would hold that against you.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 7 years ago

DeathWraith I want that 5 mins of my life back haha.

y

'Twas a joke about the video you posted a link to.

I liked the Ultimate Edition of BvS. Not sure why it had to get cut down when Transformers 4 was just as long. You still won't like it if you didn't like Man of Steel, though.

Anyways Spider-Man 2 is still really good. 2.1's action scenes are so good and the cheese was so good and whole thing is just really good. Spider-Man 2 is so good. I was scared I wouldn't like it after not seeing it for 8 years. Spider-Man 3 is really fucking awful though. I remember liking it a lot more when it came out. And I still enjoy it, but for all the wrong reasons.

@DW: What a nice song. I love Asian street fashion. I was just in California for a few weeks and I swear I was at that beach... did they shoot at Huntington?

I don't remember if I've already posted about this, but my impression of the 3 hours version of BvS was that it had 20 minutes of stuff happening and the rest was just dramatic music and Lex Luthor was the Joker. Also my favourite Spider-Man movie is The Amazing Spider-Man.

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

Well I've just had a fucking bad month. First my dad has a heart attack (had an artery replaced and is doing fine now) then my grandmother is diagnosed with bowel cancer (Had part of bowel removed but cancer spread to some of the lymph nodes but not the top ones which are apparently more important) then I get the the flu twice meaning I am now very low on cash for the next few weeks. On other news I saw the legend of Tarzan and liked it more than I thought I would.

@ tawganator - Sorry to hear about the series of events there :/

@ -Bloo- - I haven't seen the Ultimate edition of BvS, but I don't understand why everyone seems to think the film sucked. Why? Because it didn't have all that cheesey, unrealistic comical, colourful, happy-go-lucky feel of fun(ny) and "friendship" and just dumb childish stuff that pretty much is the fabric of the oh-so-kid-friendly Marvel Universe? Nope, instead it's real, it's dark and gritty, it's violent and deep. There's nothing childish about it, it's an adult's film and I don't think there's a single joke in the whole movie, maybe 2 lines for you to smirk at, and I think they're both said by Alfred (Hail Jeremy Irons). I think the movie is fantastic. And btw, everyone was terrified of it but Ben Affleck did an absolutely amazing job.

As far as Spider-Man goes, "The Amazing Spiderman" can go rot in a hole. The first ones with Tobey MacGuire had an awkwardness to them yes, but that's who Peter Parker is. They even had a darkness to them. Sure the third film was trash (aside from Venom's design and that Black Suit) but the first two were great and they were far too young to warrant a reboot already, especially one where Peter is played by some hipster toolbag to make the girls melt... God I hate Marvel. The only good thing that came out of Marvel was the first X-Men film, oh wait, that's a different Studio than the MSU isn't it? I rest my case. I guess all that's left to hand to them is they got Kat Dennings in a Thor film... forgiveness points have been awarded, but she didn't save the film with the blessing of her presence, it still sucked.

@ tawganator, -Bloo-, DeathWraith - Your all's sigs throw me off lol

Alrigh, you seem to like exactly the opposite kind of movies to what I like. I can't relate at all.

This sig is the official Shadow Serpents clan sig, as ordered by Bloo. I got the font colour wrong but I was forgiven.

@Tawg: Really sorry to hear about that, I had a similar scare with my grandfather (who didn't make it) so I can understand that. My grandma had a hospital scare around the same time, but thankfully she's good now.

@HP: It's all in the placement. DW's sig is centered, Tawg's isn't, and mine is forced to the far right because it's the weirdest place to have a sig other than at the bottom-right of your browser window where it stays no matter where you are on the page. I couldn't figure that one out but that's probably a good thing since I'd maybe have to ban myself for doing that, even if the rule I'd be breaking is making you look at the greatest sig ever made.

@DW: As far as "bad but entertaining" goes, I'm not sure it was even really bad--it was great in the music and effects departments, good in the action department, and just adequate enough in every other department, so I really wanna call it a good movie. It's like, it just barely crosses the line between good and bad.

DW, why is ASM1 your favorite? HP, what reasons do you have for hating the rest of the MCU?

I don't wanna start a flame war, I'm just interested in what you guys have to say because I disagree with both of you in that I didn't really like ASM1 as much as I wanted to (still enjoyed it) and I don't hate the MCU (even though the writing is plagued by certain things--things that you see full-force in Age of Ultron, arguably the worst MCU film so far).

HP, I think it's pretty dangerous not to try and understand the legitimate reasons people had for disagreeing with you. Even though I liked BvS (and I DO like grittiness when it's done right), I'm not going to pretend it was a flawless movie and that all the haters are Andrew Garfield-loving dipshits with asses for hands. And the fact that you hate the MCU for being lighthearted isn't necessarily a criticism of the quality of the movies, it's just a personal preference. For example, Age of Ultron, a terrible movie, was lighthearted, but so was Guardians of the Galaxy, which was a much, much better movie.

Iron Man 1 and the Dark Knight are polar opposites when it comes to superhero films about a rich dude who uses money to beat guys up, yet they're both fantastic movies. It's not the lightheartedness that makes MCU films bad, it's how it's used. The same characters in Ultron are the same ones in Civil War, and Civil War is arguably the best movie in the MCU. And that's not necessarily because Civil War was darker, it's because Civil War's directors knew when to stop making jokes. In Civil War, Iron Man still makes jokes, he just doesn't make them like he did in Ultron.

Jokes are not the problem, the problem is timing.

The reason Guardians of the Galaxy was so much better than Age of Ultron is because it knew when to stop being funny and start being serious. And yeah, that includes the ridiculous dance scene in the climax. That scene never felt out of place because it was completely in-character for both Peter Quill and the film in general to do that. Had literally anyone else but Deadpool done that, it would have been Ultron-bad. (OH YEAH, Deadpool is another good example of "knows when to not be funny." Remember that fight scene in the burning building? Great movie.) But the jokes made by Ultron (and almost everyone else)? Completely out of place 90% of the time. Terrible writing, bad execution.

Darkness and grittiness don't automatically make a movie better, either. Just look at any of the Punisher movies. It's not the tools you're working with, it's how you use them.

To be completely honest, I really enjoyed Man of Steel, but more for the action and music. The action and especially the music were so good, you guys.

Even the story was kind of interesting. But the dark and gritty atmosphere? Not really. They could have had the amazing action without all the gloominess. That doesn't mean you couldn't make a serious Superman film, but you don't have to make it so washed out and gray. You can make a fun serious movie; the Spider-Man and Captain America movies are good proof.

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

I just finished watching BvS Ultimate edition, why didn't they just show this in the theaters instead? It made the whole movie a hell of a lot less confusing and felt better paced too. I feel people were expecting to have their socks blown off with BvS and when they didn't get that they said it sucked.
Scaling of movies with no expectation: Great, okay, not bad, bad, terrible.
Scaling of movies with expectation: Best movie ever, awesome, sucked, death threats.

I liked both of the Amazing Spider-man movies and apart from a few scenes I never understood the hate. I was very surprised when I heard they were rebooting it again.