Dronehive, Yautja, 8 years ago

God forbid I start posting stuff on here.

I don't even have a character.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 8 years ago

ONE OR FEWER WORDS POSTS ARE AGAINST THE RULES

Deathdrop, Yautja, 8 years ago

@Spartan: Look, I'm sorry if I bit your head off, but If found your post kind of obnoxious. You're welcome to stay, but I really think AVPgalaxy is more what you're looking for.

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 8 years ago

DD has a point Spartan, the nostalgia is what keeps the few of that are still here, well, here. I remember when we had at least 100 members active if not more, now we're down to about 13 active members. I stay here because I love these guys. DW way around others is something I find fascinating, and I love him for it. Bloo's style of writing never ceases to amaze me, and I love him for it. Peterson's may come across as a unforgiving asshole, and he kinda is at times , but hes one guy I know that if I was in trouble he wouldn't skip a beat to help me if he knew me in real life, and I love him for it. I talk to DarkLioness on Skype all the time and somehow she puts up with all my threats, bullshit, and for some odd reason hasn't called the cops on me yet, and I love her for it.

We stay because we've become a twisted family even if its not by blood, and I guessed we have to be twisted to RP like we do, when we do. If you want to stay and join those of us that huddle around the fire, stay man. If not, none of us will stop you from leaving.

Dronehive, Yautja, 8 years ago

Tell ya what dude. Stick around for the upcoming RP. Then decide if you wanna stay.

badapple24, Yautja, 8 years ago

Agrees with Kirby, we're all in too deep to pull out now.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 8 years ago

There's a Yo Momma joke somewhere here.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

@Bloo: There is one in there, right next to my dick and someone's copy of "Advanced Warfare".

Nice, I'm gonna loot that and turn it in at the Regulators HQ as a finger. At least then it'll be worth something.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 8 years ago

Does anyone here play WoW?

not since wotlk

@Super: I'm a giant Warcraft nerd, played the RTS games(and still do), but I never got into the MMO hardcore, plus cant afford the monthly subscription fees. Getting super pumped for the Warcraft movie coming out next year though, especially given they released a Teaser video yesterday leading up to their first official Trailer that comes out this Friday. Looks fucking awesome.

I try to never double post, but this has warranted such a reaction

THE WARCRAFT MOVIE TRAILER IS FINALLY HERE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

I've never been so excited for a Movie to come out in my entire life.

Looks good, but I was never really into the Humans vs. Orcs part of the story. Like, I don't care about either of them. I like the Elves, Undead, Burning Legion part of Warcraft.

EDIT: Look at this piece of art, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCw9NLHrvog

supersonicman96, Yautja, 8 years ago

I'm excited for it, hoping me and Supertrey will see it.

@DW: Well, they've got to start somewhere at least, and it makes sense to start the films where the games began before expanding to other parts of the Warcraft universe. I'm hoping we get to see some Burning Legion characters, manipulation events from behind the scenes probably. I know we see some Elves, in some of the leaked material there are High Elf Rangers up to something(I think perhaps hunting down Trolls), and you can see some Elven delegates in the trailer. Which is more than we've seen of Dwarves and Gnomes, I don't think we've seen hide nor hair of them.

I'm personally most interested in the Horde, the Legion, and the various Dragon Flights, though I'm worried the Burning Legion and Dragon Flights might get pushed back until later. If you pause in the trailer when Blackhand says "You would betray your own kind to help the Humans" or whatever, you can see each of his pauldrons has a Dragon skull strapped to it.

Also, just before that, when you see an armorless(save for a helmet) green skinned Orc shuffling forward with a heavy shield, you can see the shield has a Demon skull attached to the front of it in some manner(didn't see any straps or obvious). This lines up with some of the promotional material, from the Horde wallpapers you could download from the official Website. So there's hope the Legion reveals itself at some point in the movie for those shields to make sense being in use.

@Super: Me too, I'm dragging my whole family to see it when it comes out. I've been following the film since they first announced they were planning one, I think in 2006. So to actually be getting one after so many years of it bouncing around is a dream come true.

Plus I'll finally be able to get affordable, readily available Warcraft merchandise, instead of expensive specialty stuff, or also expensive crap that's almost as old as me.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 8 years ago

Best part is this movie comes out on my birthday! I'm interested in two things: plot and special effects.

On a side note of my cousins that has an equestrian club said he might be able to help me buy a horse, so looks like once of my niche careers could be a reality. I just put emphasis on what kind of horse I'm looking for.

Jesus H. Christ... I'd ask if the writers of Doctor Who were on drugs, but nothing made under the influence of narcotics could be as relentlessly boring as that piece of shit episode was. Stop trying to be clever and tell a fucking story. It's a show about a godlike alien fucking about in a time machine; this really isn't that hard. You're losing to Star Trek: The Next Generation in the plot department right now, and the show's been off the air for 20 years.

Are you sure you're not new to Doctor Who? As far as the modern series is concerned, it's always been about trying to be clever instead of telling a story. Very few episodes are an exception to this. Criticizing this aspect of the show is as good as criticizing the fact that people waste urine instead of recycling it. There really is no point, the whole show is about the writers trying to be clever, because the Doctor is supposed to be a clever guy who solves problems with his cleverness alone.

^ But that's OK if they're actually clever; the issue is that they're not actually clever. They put plot twist after plot twist and none of it makes any sense. It would be one thing if they were actual PLOT twists, but they're not; they're just... STUFF. Random stuff. I get that Doctor Who is meant to be weird and occasionally confusing, but never has it had such a high quotient of completely random stuff just HAPPENING for no reason. I mean, sleep dust? Really?

We need sleep because otherwise the dust in our eyes will become sand monsters but not rally because none of this is happening but it is but it isn't but it is.

I get it: It's a family show about a guy in a magic box. I understand it's always gonna be a little silly and occasionally deus ex machina-y, but lately it's just incoherent drivel. A bunch of stuff happens and The Doctor says a bunch of stuff and gives some technobabble and we're dragged along having no clue what the fuck's going on, and then they try for a twist ending that doesn't make any sense... I mean, is this just me?

I don't understand how something can be impenetrably incoherent AND a by-the-numbers cliche-fest at THE SAME TIME. This show can be good. Silly, yes, and occasionally so-bad-it's-good... But still entertaining to watch on some level. Like, "OK, this episode is kinda boring, but hey, there's a cat person dressed as a nun nursing a giant head in a city made entirely of flying cars because the actual city is covered by giant toxic space crabs."

That's quirky and whimsical; "Not-scary thing that's actually a scary thing that turns into a monster but not really but the dust is cameras but it isn't but it is and there are no monsters but there are" is lazy and stupid.

I guess what I'm saying is that if it's gonna be stupid, it should at least be entertainingly stupid.