how come Predators are trbal species and they have high technology?

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

one thing about the predator i dont get they are they have high tecnology and they are tribal creatures either the predators stole the technolgy or made on this technology on their own.

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

no reason they cant be tribal and have technology, the only real tribal aspects are cultural to the species. tribal does not mean primative.

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 15 years ago

doc. is right. i mean look at the native americans. They were somewhat primitive but when europeans came they became more advanced, But their religions and honor did not change

no i meant how did they get there technology because tribalwerewolf just meantion that native americans got there new weaponry when europeans came over so maybe the same happened to predators and they just adapted there technology to suit themselves

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

they are smarter. so thye know more and alsothey live longer witch gives them more time

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

We call our nations what we want because we want it. But in fact think what a nation is. European nations are divided in districts lead by district mayors, then in towns and cities and villages lead by their own mayors. In the USA as far as i know you have only states lead by governers and then the towns, cities and villages lead by mayors (right?). Their nations may just be divided in tribes and clans lead by elders. They may have councils made of those who lead these tribes and clans, which would resemble our parliament system and such. To develop technology they would need the clans/tribes working together, but that wouldn't necessarily mean they'd have to join in and become a single nation. And since they live by a code of honour and respect, i think that is very possible. Remember they are not humans, they may not have this instinct to betray that we have. Or maybe sometime in the past a breakdown in their society took place. Maybe this is what happened after some huge war among their nations that divided them back into tribes and clans. There could be many explanations.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

I'm sure before the predators became intelligent enough to either: create their own technology <-(what I believe) or steal it from other races. They had ritual hunts on their home planet and their early culture was focused solely on the hunt, and I think that this is how many of their weapons were created, by basing the design of the new weapons like the compi stick or wristblades on old wood spears or simple metal knives.

My reason for thinking they developed their own technology is simply because it is so perfect for what they do, the cloaking and weapons their designed way too well to be stolen and modified tech from other races.

right now i get it but if they did invent there own technology why dont they fix there cloaking device because it seems that the wrist computer seems to work when they come out of the water but why dose the cloaking device short circuit when it comes out of water.

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

well... electistaty... water... not good combonation and well the cloack device is neer imposible so i think cut them a break

i agree with pred, the tech is perfectly designed for the yuatja race eg. the helmet tech for one including its design. even if it was stolen tech it would require a vast amount of reverse engineering to be utilized in the manner the yuatja have.

ok but like concrete said earlier they are a lot smarter and live longer so if there ships can cloak and travel in any condidtion(well i heard they can travel in water to travel to the chroshpere of the sun) why cant they make the cloak waterproof like the rest of there technology

where did you hear that? its obviously not from the cannon unless i missed a scene lol. going by film law pred ships would not be able to remained cloaked while in water

Agreed Doc, I've never heard of a predator ship being able to withstand those kinds of conditions.

As for the cloaking: the cloaking field which I believe is built right into the predator armor creating a closed circut, which is why when the predator interacts with it's environment the cloaking field stays contained to the predator itself. The cloaking field works by bending light creating a 'invisible mirror' effect.

Water is much more dense than air, the field cannot be completed because the water interferes with the connections between the armor/suit, that is why when the predator from the first pred movie got out of the water his cloaking field did not just shut down, it crackled, sparked and tried to re-establish the circut.

ok,l have come to a decision which i chose to belive predators made there technology and predatorv2 how do u know that much information(please tell me where u learned it from)

oh and if u still think that predators stole technology feel free to post

I'm a predator expert, I just know these things lol. All of my theories I come up with myself, basing them on the movies. Otherwise, the movies themselves give you a ton of information, so for me it helps knowing the predator movie by heart lol.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

They probably DID make a lot of it. But there's a chance they didn't make all of it. The different civilizations on earth didn't make everything they have now, they borrowed from other cultures and adapted. The Predators probably did have some sort of primative space ship thousands of years ago, but I'm thinking they took some ideas from visitors as well.

I'm not saying they stole their technology. Yes, a lot of their tech is best suited for what they do. But space craft that can go unnoticed while flying faster than most things on earth?

I would think making a space craft flying fast would be an easier task than trying to bend light. True, though who knows? Maybe they did, maybe not until the movies say otherwise I'm sticking with my theories.

well humans cant bend light and there spaceships somehow look like they travel fater than light(according to humans that is impossible) so im not sure which one was build and which one was stolen

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

Bending light isn't such a great thing, even water can do it. But making a ship capable of traveling between stars within reasonable time, taking into consideration that some stupid theories say that nothing can travel faster than light, i would say is a lot more complicated.

hold on i thought water refract light oh and the time of light is one of the laws of time(its true belive and if u dont attend my science class and trust me u would not want to do that)