PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Its very easy to "redirect" light by reflecting it against certain surfaces, that is not bending it.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

Seriously, bending and redirecting are the same thing when it comes to a constant flow. They're not bending it with their mind, so they're obviously just redirecting it. We (as in us humans) already have cloaking devices. Indeed not small enough yet to be portable, but we also have nothing capable of interstellar travel.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

im confused

"Seriously, bending and redirecting are the same thing when it comes to a constant flow."

True, in cases dealing with solid matter, but not with light. Bending light sounds simple, but it is effectively impossible, same as trying to traveling at the speed of light.

I honestly don't want to get into a discussion about quantum mechanics, they're predators and somehow they figured out a way of bending light as well as creating plasma weapons. The magic of movies!

Then what is bending light if not redirecting it, eh? Because you're obviously not bending the photons! They are obviously charging the armour, grid and weapons with a type of energy, triggering light to travel around them. This is noticeble because the cloak is not perfect, because the image is reassembled poorly on the other side. Also you can tell that it's a constant charge of something that's doing this, because the weapons decloak either some time after leaving the predator's hand or immediately after.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Bending-Light-Into-Invisibility-50194.shtml

bending = refracting = redirecting (when it comes to light)

I don't know where you got the idea that it's something else.

That is not a proven or practiced science, stop giving me links to theoretical data to backup your false claims, lol.

As the article says: "The continued researches may mean, in the future, that the "stealth" fighter will literally become the invisible fighter."

please speak english due to some of us may not have a clue of what ur talkin about.and i dont get the redirecting because u cant redirect it in a straight line

It's not theoretical, v2. It's been applied. I don't know if you've read the whole thing, but they've managed to "cloak" copper from microwave light. You can find other articles too, but that one reffered to bending and refracting as being the same thing, which you kept trying to contradict, and that's why i posted it.

hold on dosentmicrowave light heat up the things.(im not good at science or microwaves for that matter)

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

I don't know what the argue in here is about but as far as my Finnish mind can deal with Wraith is right when saying bending light is the same thing than refracting it. What I don't understand, nevertheless, is how you can make solid materia bending light through it or make it to seem like doing it (but I guess some great physics have solved this problem). Reflecting the light would give you only the mirror image/colors of the surface if the surface sucks the other lightwaves in. Redirecting can mean both of these things in my mind (what angle you are "redirecting" light weather to call it reflecting or refracting).

Well at least with my logic...

What I don't know is what the hell is microwave light, 'cos when electromangnetic radiation goes too high frequency it's just called microwaves without the 'light' part (well again you can speak of infrared light or ultraviolet light if you want to, so I guess it comes from there), and yes they do heat things up like your brains when using cellphones (or warming up food in microwave oven, your choise lol). But as far as I know cloacing a chopper from microwaves is simply to make it invisible to radars, not to visible light aka eyes?

And plasmaweapons actually reminds me of ball lightning, and since we haven't even been able to chain the ordinary lightning in our use we are lightyears behind from preds...

And the speed of thought can be faster than light, if someone would know how to chain that in usage as well. In my theory (depents on the distance 'cos our thoughts does travel with the speed electric impulses, but if you think you are in Sirius and you could be there by some superduper machine, it would be faster) lol That would own the Stargåte.

And sush, I'm just using my imagination.

OK i dont know which ones right so please dont agrue about the cloak or something.Oh and i got a differnt question why do the predators have to have honour?

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

lol pred and DW, its just a movie.

they have honour becasuse of cultural reasons, again they have alot of tribal like traditions, honour is another one of them.

If by "speed of thought" you mean "instant" then of course it's faster than light lol. But what i mean when i'm talking about complicated ways of traveling long distances is theories like hyperspace, wormholes or space bending. I for one don't believe that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light or that time slows down when you travel faster, i'm pretty sure those theories are calculated with some very hard to notice mistake that will be corrected in the future and all physics based on that will be turned upside down.

And yea, of course it's a movie, but we have nothing else to talk about here lol.

?say what

OK i found this website please check it out and tell me if it is true or false.
http://www.geocities.com/gunsandgod/intro.html

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

"If by "speed of thought" you mean "instant" then of course it's faster than light lol"

See? Shame on Einstein for not noticing this <<

Actually the time slowing down when travelling fast have been proven in practice.

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

well yeah predess particle acceleraters prove that. seriously we cant imagine the science behind the pred race....however it is fun trying though

Ok you guys and girls can post in your theories and we might start another argument on that.(looking at pv2,the doctor,predatorss)

ok then i'll start one why do have different visions cant they just make a vision the aloows them to see preds,humans and xenos?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

Their vision is different because of our atmosphere, I think. They also need different visions for differences in temperature and climate. They can see humans clearly with the enhanced infrared, but Aliens are completely invisible because of their body temperature, or something like that.