concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

well celtic u made a gd topic.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

Thanks concretehunter and -bloo- if the vision is based on the temperature ,i know that aliens dont give of heat but there has to be something same between humans,aliens and yautja.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

You know what i'm wondering? How come they see all those visions inside the mask if their eyes pick up only infrared light? The human eye can see light of all colours, but the Predators see in infrared without their mask, right? So how is the mask able to make the infrared eye of the Predator see all those colours in the heat vision (which picks up infrared light and according to its intensity creates a multicoloured map) for example? Why doesn't the Predator only see the red bits in that vision? Either the mask is connected to his brain somehow, or it's much more complex than we think. This would also mean that human eyes would't be able to get the same effect from the mask as the Yautja eyes do.

Well i think that like humans yautja have different eye sight to each other in PREDATOR the predators eye sight went all red but in PREDATOR 2 the preds eye sight wasnt all red.So using movie evdence if they look throw the mask its always different.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

There was always that theory that the Jungle Hunter had an eye problem, but I've always dismissed that and went with climate and pollution. City Hunter's vision was different because he had been exposed to the air of the city, while Jungle Hunter's was the way it was because he was in a different environment.

I'm not sure if that's correct, I'm not a Pred expert.

Yh maybe thats the answer but i dont know for sure because im not a pred expert.

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

Actually humans can't detect UV or infrared light with their eyes but that can be changed by gadgets. There shouldn't be any mysterious of doing to same to the predator vision.

As far as the vision differences in Pred 1 & 2, I just think it was director's fault for not remembering the predator actually had that reddish vision lol I find it a bit funny that fans creates theories about eyesight problems. Maybe they are that adaptive as Bloo said to differend environments.

well if the mask does the same thing that human masks can do, how come every predators mask vision is different

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

What do you mean?

well in PREDATOR the mask thermal vision is different from the mask in PREDATOR2 and then it became more different in AVP then in AVPR it was very advanced.(not very advanced)

They were the same as far as I can tell. Are you asking why they were red sometimes and blue others, event with the masks on, like in AVP? Those were just different vision modes.

yh i suppos but how did the avp preds see in red thremal vision when its meant to be blue

FireHunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

lol, about the predator with eyesight problems, I can just imagine a predator with glasses reading a book.

On topic, i think it was probably the type of atmosphere in the city and it's difference to the atmosphere of the jungle, the pollution in the city probably did something to the predator's vision. Their eyesight may be better in conditions like that (by that I mean with a lot of carbon monoxide in the air) as their home planet may have a lot of Carbon Monoxide in the air, meaning that the more of it there is, the better their vision is.

Thermal vision isn't meant to be blue, it depends on what colours the mask uses to interpret the differences of heat. Which are signaled by infrared light.

But what i mean predess, is humans can see the vision as blue, yellow, red and all the other colours because human eyes can detectall colours of "visible" light, while preds only see the infra red light. Therefore the red thermal vision would make more sence than the very colourful one, because their eyes would only see as black anything that gets too far from a shade of red, since the predator saw only black and red in the movie. And their masks would have to transmit infrared light to their eyes, which means humans couldn't see anything through it, because they don't see infrared.

"lol, about the predator with eyesight problems, I can just imagine a predator with glasses reading a book."

About that...

funny pic ,so basicly blue is used for warm climates and red thermal vision is used for not warm climates.

Ok that went very well(no argument few)now for the third or forth question(i lost count) Why can't the yautja medi kit fix broken bones?

Because molten calcium sticked on a wound a bone does not fix!

Okay so that was quick now for the other question Do predators fight with other weaponry than there own?

Of course. You need to use your surroundings. It's not like they plan on using a fully loaded rifle, but if they ever see a giant crate, they might as well kick it over an enemy. Why not? For honor? We're talking about using invisibility, buddy. A crate or branch is no different.