Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Crow: great work on the biology crow thats amazing! i really like it, maybe we should have the xenomorph biolgy on the site and pred biology.. but crow u worked long and hard on this a you deserve well earned credit, and thanks i just learnt a whole lot more about xenomorphs

Drenton: hey m8 i just asked u somthin on my other post just encase u missed it..

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Okay, I have sat down with my writings and have made some updates, as listed below:

-"Mesoderm" is now properly called "Mesoskeleton"

-All apostrophes should appear as so, not question marks

-Certain keywords have been adjusted so that they are no longer eliminated by the chat filter

-Additional information regarding the queen's physical appearance has been added

-Additional information regarding the queen's behavior has been added.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

nice work dude it may take me alittle while to read the rest.

EDIT: just finished reading it. It's awesome. there are some things i never even thought of in there.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Jed-Chrizt, Undefined, 17 years ago

I can't believed I read that....that was too much to resist.. ;]Good job. But, I'm curious as to where you got all this information?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i wonder if even Dave could add to Crow's info.

BWsig.jpg

Crow did you make this up? O_o..

if he did it sure makes sense. but i dont think he did. the only thing i didnt understand was the unfertilized eggs that carry super facehuggers.

wait let me get it.

"When the queen is detached from her abdomen, either through voluntary action or due to physical harm, she is also capable of laying unfertilized eggs, which bear queen facehuggers upon development."

i thought that only those could be made when there is no queen.

BWsig.jpg

No. The super facehugger in Alien 3 was laid by the queen while she was on the shuttle in Aliens.

The egg being created in Alien by the lone drone was a normal Facehugger. Had that drone succeeded, it would have then become queen after another xenomorph was present. The gender of that secondary drone does not truly matter: if it were a female, it could have created more eggs using the same process, if it were male then it would eventually mate with the queen.

And yes, I did make this up. The only references I had were what I have seen in the films and what H.R. Giger has illustrated. Nothing else.

The reason that unfertilized eggs bear queen facehuggers is that there is no Y chromosome to be added to the egg's genetic code. This creates a queen facehugger, which then becomes a queen after development. If the Y chromosome is present, then the egg develops into a standard facehugger.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

well this is confusing. you have 2 things that are different but would have the same result. you said that the queen chestburster has a crown, and takes more time to grow. but a drone can cacoon itself into a queen. or were you trying to say the chestburster grows into a drone and then will become a queen when one is absent, like a praetorian?

BWsig.jpg

No. I don't consider the praetorians to be canon, nor part of the xenomorph race.

The NATURAL means of reproduction is for a queen to lay a queen facehugger, which develops within her abdomen before being laid just like any other egg.

However, only queen facehuggers can be laid without the presence of an abdomen because they are hardy enough to develop without the nourishment provided by the queen.

If there is no queen present, then a remaining female drone (typically the strongest) can become a queen.

I have edited the text slightly involving unfertilized eggs so that this makes more sense.

45324912.jpg

well i thought it went like this.

If there is no queen absent then the Alpha alien or one of the drones will create a super egg containing a super facehugger from a host. that facehugger will lay an embryo that eventually makes a queen chestburster, a chestburster with a crown that takes from any amount of days to a week to mature to a fully grown queen.

but this xenomorph bio is yours so it is what you choose to put in it, but i am still confused. the queen will lay a egg containing a super/queen facehugger, and if that queen dies a drone will turn someone into an egg and if succeeding it will cacoon and turn into a queen. but if it does turn into a queen then what would the purpose of the queen facehugger in the egg be? or is the queen facehugger like a last resort for if there are no drones or something present to take on the roll of a queen?

BWsig.jpg

Okay, you seem to be missing one crucial point: the egg created by the drone in the absence of the queen is not a queen facehugger. It is simply a normal facehugger, which will become another drone.

The queen facehugger laid by the previous queen is meant as a last resort when no other drones remain, or to populate a new location.

They queen also naturally lays queen facehuggers so that when they die from old age their direct offspring still hold total control of the hive, with no quarreling between the drones over who is to become the new queen.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit, I'm sorry it's so confusing :c

45324912.jpg

yeah that is what i meant. okay now i get it.

EDIT: lol i saw the questions. NO, NO, NO, once again NO.

BWsig.jpg

Crow, I really love the xenomorph in the first Alien, he was by far the greatest, and the one that made me love xenomorphs in the first place. His figure is different though, can you tell me what made him different from the other aliens? He seemed to like to play around alot :p, and had also had a white-headed xeoskull. Tell me a little more about this xenomorph :P.

I think I actually already covered the first xenomorph in the description...basing on what I have written, it was a female drone which had adapted to a low humidity atmosphere with low gravity, granting her six-fingered hands, humanoid feet, and a tail which did not possess an oversized claw or any sort of ribbing for aquatic movement. She also did not possess the adaptation of the sloping rib cage. The xeno-skull can only be described accurately as a genetic anomaly, though we know it to be the work of an initial costume design which was later removed.

45324912.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up.... Although I read your information, I still can't believe aliens have genders...it's just weird.

More Updates:

I have added details to the xenomorph's circulatory system on how they are capable of surviving the vacuum of space. It's not much, but it still might be worth a read to some of you.

I have also added the acidic "spit" information to the Warrior Xenomorph.

I know this is a peculiar request, but could this thread possibly be stickied? I understand that most of this information is solely based on my opinions, but I have managed to back up many of my points, and as such I think it would be helpful to keep this up on the main board to help answer other's questions.

45324912.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Nice man. I can see some parts are from the other ones. Unless they are... Errr I feel stupid right now. But anyway, again nice man. (Cool smiley) (and I don't tend to put a smiley on here, it's known as a joke, I'm sure someone already knows)

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

wow that was taken out of one of the many AVP2 Fan sites. wow Should post the link at the bottem at your post speaking of which i am going go do that now.

Genfc-DeAth-Sigg-Gif.gif

...dude, I wrote this myself. I have never even been on any other AvP2 sites, and my only references were the movies and H.R. Giger's illustrations. Everything was written by me, and based on my own personal theories. If you want to try and discredit me, fine, but I spent weeks making this... :c