avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

I understood everything crow said. And Alien does prove that aliens don't need to breathe.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...avpunlimited5qf1.jpg

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol i might if i ever read his posts.

he is just so technical about saying hello. He will say it in 40 pages and use it in every language and aspect

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site. It's practically finished and most of the rp's have started! If you join be sure to pick a character that will reflect on yourself.

haku.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

Unlimited, try to post some evidence to support your theory. All you're really doing is repeating yourself at this point. It gets a bit tiresom after 10 pages.

deathdrop1.jpg

avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't care about a little rip in a spaceship. Only aliens, and some types of insects and primitive life can survive in the vacuum of space.

Aliens don't, eat, they don't breathe, and they do not have fat. And they are not related to bugs and primitive life forms in any way.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...avpunlimited5qf1.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol sigh ...... im still not sure ..... AVP Unlimited , do you know how to read ?

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, I am very interested with this entire freezing / boiling in a vacuum debate.

I just did some research, and I found some very interesting information --

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=741

This, coupled with some of my readings from other sites, leads to a combination of very interesting things --

I was incorrect, blood would not boil, but the nitrogen in the blood does bubble, and the water within an organism does evaporate.

You can freeze in a vacuum, but it is not immediate, and depends on the presence of heat energy.

So, all water within a xenomorph would have to be intermingled with another chemical that would drastically increase the boiling point so that it would not react in a vacuum.

Likewise, they would also have to have little or no nitrogen in their blood stream.

However, as far as not possessing lungs or needing to breathe goes, I think that this article just further proves that a xenomorph would have to absorb oxygen or other vital gases in a less direct manner to prevent explosive decompression.

I'll get around to updating this in the biology -- the oxygen from the digestive system theory still stands in my opinion, I just need to fix some stuff ^_^

(Oh, and Kill, I wasn't selectively trying to disprove anything you were saying, I was just responding back to your post)

Crow-2.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

As previously discussed, it's a nice look at the alien biology, but one that has an individual take on things, this is, by no means, considered canon, i have several contrasting views to Crows' take on this, but when it's all said and done, the biology and life cycle of the creature has never been fully explained by the creators of the xenomorph, so it's down to the fans to make assumptions and opinions about that which they feel to be true in reflection to this.

concretehunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

thats alota words

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

*Sigh*

Sorry folks, but I'm locking this.