TDN, Human, 15 years ago

As TDN and his squad began their slow but careful move towards the inner parts of the city, he recalled that Kidd had yet to start moving his squad. "Damn, what a blunder" he thought, for moving before the other squads could completely throw off their timing which is always crucial in military operations. he called out to Kidd "Kidd, you should probably move your squad soon. Timing is very important here, and it won't be good for the leader to delay the operation". Kidd replied that he is having difficulties but will start moving soon. "Remember this" he added "I may have returned but you're still the leader. And it's your orders that will override mine now. I'll control my sqaud but in the end, you're the head of this operation". "I understand" Kidd replied.

"Oh, and by the way" TDN said "contact those Company Mercs and get a full list of their members. I do not have their frequency, so you'll have to tell them to contact me. If we're to work together we'll need to be familiar with one another". "I'll start moving along the outskirts and checking these buildings for survivors" he added "but I won't start moving further until you start Kidd".

And with that, he motioned his men to begin their patrol. "What's your reading on the motion detector" he asked a Marine "any signs of movements in any of these buildings?". "Nothing sir" the marine said but his expression soon changed. "Wait sir, there's movements in that second building to the left" he said.

TDN looked over to the building being pointed out. It was a broken apartment complex, one which people in the past would describe as futuristic. It was mostly metallic, with a similar look to those colonies in the distant planets. "Alright, begin breaching the doors" he said to his squad. As they got into position he saw that the doors and lower walls were still perfectly intact. "It's a bit strange" he thought "but these sliding metallic doors won't be open easily". "We'll have to use explosives" he told his men. As they prepare the explosives, he felt a bit of tension. His worry was that if the motion detected were those aliens, then the explosion would alert them to his squad's presence.

He would soon find out whether this was true, as his men finished setting up the explosives. As soon as he motioned for it, the explosives were activated and the door (even if it was quite tough) blew right off. His men went in, each covering different sides making sure no surprise was waiting for them inside. "Sir I'm starting to detect more movements" his men said. It's as TDN thought, those explosions really did alerted them.

And his suspicions were confirmed as the smoke from the explosion clears. He looked around and saw the inside of this building, completely different from the outside walls. The inside was filled with the Alien's hive structure, something he knew all too well. "Looks like this one's not going to be easy" he said "Let's try to find any survivors still in here. And let's hope the others have more luck than we do right now".

Peterson, Human, 15 years ago

Waking from a long sleep Peterson walked toward the queens chamber stifly, he was not used to sleeping on this hard cold planet that the humans had called their home it was the so called "Human Strong Hold" Some strong hold it was within a short period of time that this planet was conqured by the Aliens the only thing that remains of humanity on this rock is the few soldiers left to guard a dying city. Looking around Peterson saw the aliens who had yet died from their wounds caused by the humans. Funny he thought to himself, I used to be one of these wreched things i am so eagerly killing off why did i show no remorse for my current brethren then? Noding the question off Peterson Entered the queens lair with the other Alien Leaders, Growling an apology for being late he waited for the queens aproval before entering further. After the Queen had granted his entry Hissing at the other Alien Leaders he waited paitently as the three of them devised a plan ageinst the humans final foothold.

OCC: Hey thanks for opening it up i got caught up with some Applications for OCS thanks and for those of you who waited for me Sorry.

GeneWells, Human, 15 years ago

The Waffle had begun to empty as the majority of gear was set up, and to the side of the construction Gene lent on some of the W-Y crates with her sniper rifle ready to fire with a flick of the safety and a squeeze of the trigger. Somewhere nearby, the voices of some of the W-Y soldiers came to her ears and caught Gene's attention. Turning her head slightly to observe the situation she stood up and called out at what she saw. "No more than five meters apart dammit, bring those Sentry Turret closer together, and straighten up those sandbags. One hit and it would collapse in on itself...work as though it's your life behind it, because most likely it will be! And hurry up, the sun won't be around much longer...and the enemy doesn't sleep when we do! Make sure they are in perfect working order and ready to fire." As 1st Squad continued it's work, Gene looked around before taking her position watching out with another member of 2nd Squad to guard those still setting up.

Clicking to open a communications channel with the entire W-Y team on the ground Gene spoke clearly and to the point as she updated them of the situation. "Wells reporting. Defensive Perimeter to the west of the Waffle (I'm thinking this is west? if the Waffle opened to the south and I'm to it's immediate right) is almost complete, full check should be carried out within 20 minutes if not sooner. Out." One thing she had learned was to make sure everyone was on the same page, all the time.

As she scanned to the south and west, Gene did a basic check of her NVG scope and searched through the different filter settings. She had a infrared filter, as well as an ultraviolet light filter. Somehow she was meant to be able to set it on scan and it would slowly switch between all the wavelengths, but up until now, Gene had never had a use for it. In historical archives, Gene had researched what it had been like a millennium ago, and was really surprised that they had IR and UV goggles back then. These days she wondered why the W-Y didn't have something better. 1000 years should have been a long enough time for some really special things to be invented.

Flicking to the infrared filter for a moment Gene couldn't pick up anything that was emitting heat in the scanned area. Within a few hundred meters she should be able to see something clearly, beyond that, less wavelength would reach her, meaning the image would be distorted. Leaving the scope on the IR filter, Gene looked over the top and watched the open ground with her eyes. That way she would be able to quickly assess anything her eyes picked up. Looking up into the sky as it began to get darker, Gene clicked for open W-Y communications again. "Wells here. Anyone seen any of the DBO yet? We had word they would be arriving soon...?"

Atin_Fordo, Human, 15 years ago

Things were going good so far. Carmine had no complaints. When a voice sounded over the radio, it took him a second to recognize it was Gene. He flipped down the goggle-like visor attachment that was connected to his helmet, and zoomed in to the maximum possible distance. He looked back and forth a few times very slowly. He was facing Southeast, and they were due South, so he figured he might as well get a full spectrum.

He raised the goggles again, shaking his head. He raised two fingers to the side of his head, where his ears were under his head, as if it would help him hear better. It wouldn't, but it was a habit. "Nothing yet. I think they'll probably make sure we-" He stopped short, switching to external audio. "Hey, what do you think you're doing over there?" There was some Marine that was approaching some of the gear, the sentry turrets. He raised the Rotary to be aiming directly at him. "Back away from the equipment." The Rotary cannon appeared to be enough of a threat to get him to walk away.

He shook his head a few times. Idiot. He then realized he cut off his sentence. He re-opened the channel. "Sorry about that. Anyway, they ought to make themselves known when we see them. If they're smart, they'll come in with their hands up, and their faces easy to see," he said, pausing for a moment. He thought he'd seen something in the sky, so he flipped down his visor again. He stared hard at the image in front of him, but didn't see anything. "They'll have to come in through whatever choke points we got, anyway, and they'll be wide open. I imagine we got plenty of time, seeing as we haven't heard anything from 'em yet."

His mind playing tricks on him. He knew Yautja could cloak their ships now, but there really was nothing up there. He would have frowned, but his face didn't seem to respond to his emotions anymore. It was really just a constant sneer-ish expression, only capable of slight hints of emotion. "If things go well, we'll have no problem with identification," he stated briefly. He continued staring at the sky, just in case. But he decided there was nothing, flipped up the visor, and shook his head again.

Lone_Hunter2, Human, 15 years ago

Lone Hunter stared at the planet through the view port, it looked nothing liked he remembered with the dark areas signifying Xenomorph hives, it angered him to see how far the hard meat had spread and the countless live they had took. LH stared at the planet Earth for a moment longer then turned and walked away thinking back to what the clan leader Xeno Slayer had said… “Hear this! The human armies have arrived. As well as the vile bad blood clan known as the Dark Blood Organization. No one is to leave the ship for the surface until I give you direct permission. Please be patient, we will all get the trophies we deserve before this has ended. For now I bid you get ready. This is going to be bigâ€Â…. LH respected his elder but the argument inside his head that had lasted for six months had finally come to end. With or with out permission Lone Hunter was going to the surface, and in the mood he was in it was more than likely going to be with out it.

Lone Hunter returned to his room …even with a new ship the new elder Xeno Slayer knew of lone hunter preference to be secluded when he put on his armour, that or the fight that happened the first time he had joined Hunters Moon, LH gave a grim smile at the memory then continued with task, his armour covered his entire body leaving either little or no gaps what so ever, his chest armour, gauntlets and mask completely acid proof and it was light but strong. Lone Hunter equipped his weapons next, his two acid proof mauls, his glaive and his combi-stick also acid proof, two ceremonial daggers, his wrist blades yet again acid proof, four acid proof shuriken’s and one smart disk, his pare plasma caster with hand held variant equipment, his medical equipment, one spear gun with spears that are only acid proof at the spear tip, his gauntlet net gun and plasma bolt, some mines of various designs, a few signal transmitters for his clan to land near and finally he grabbed two spare wrist computers, one as replacement if he lost one of his arms and the other for using the self destruct option.

Now fully equipped Lone Hunter Made his way to the hall of the dead to stare at the mask of his fallen comrade from the last major battle to reclaim the city ship that was lost xenomorphs, a battle that Hunters moon and their brothers of the Balatu clan won. LH walked silently through the hall and stopped at the mask that he himself had brought back that belonged to his fellow yet veteran hunter, Lone Hunter paid homage to him with a bow then moved on towards the drop pods, writing a message on his wrist comp to his elder to explain his disobedience, “I leave not out of eagerness for trophies, but to scout both for the clan and my own reasons which I will explain to you IF I return aliveâ€Â, he didn’t send it yet but he would soon as he walked into the drop pod bay LH stopped and stared around at the room admiring it then said a kantra “Payas Leitjin-de Hma'mi-de†“may this not be the last time I leave this roomâ€Â. With his prayer finished he entered a pod sent his message to Xeno Slayer and activated the pod closing his eyes as the pod dropped to the coordinates that he entered where it was closest to both the major hive and the rouge predators… in the forests….

LH’s pod shot through the atmosphere while it was still cloaked its trajectory angle coming in north from what remained of the human’s city a small streak of fire in the sky as it speed past the marine encampment and landed in the woods a good 150 meters in the forest south of the humans position…slowly the doors opened and Lone Hunter walked and scanned the immediate area. Lone Hunter was here not for the hard meat hive which was to be the target of his clan, to do so alone would be suicide, and he wouldn’t kill an honourable human such as the marines unless he was in the company of his fellow hunters or if he was attacked first, no Lone Hunter was here for those that dishonour the name Yautja, those scum that so many years ago destroyed his clan that he was born into and made him into the hunter he was today, a slayer of bad blooded rouges of any species that had the ability of either humans or yautja, to build, create and kill in the name of something they believed. Lone Hunter was here for the Bad Bloods and to save any survivors from the murderous grasp of both them and the Xenomorphs. None would escape his fury… he cloaked dropped one of the signal transmitters for his clan to land near and moved on for the hunt.

FireHunter, Human, 15 years ago

FireHunter growled at Peterson, he would be late for the queen, but he wouldn't kill him for that.
In fact he would never kill Peterson, as hive brothers, killing Peterson would be like killing himself, only he would be alive to see the rest of the hive slaughtering him with overwhelming numbers. He growled again at Peterson, but returned his attention to the queen.

R10TR10TUP54RT, Human, 15 years ago

Mark grunted as he walked down the ramp of the "Waffle", his gloved hands carrying one of the packed up UA 571 sentry turrets. Four of the sentry turrets had already been unpacked, set up, and locked and loaded, five meters apart from each other just like had been ordered. He wobbled, his boots crunching on the dusty street of the shattered city as he took the turret to the point, five meters away from where it needed to be.

He was nervous, this was his first combat operation with WY, and he didn't want his squad, 1st Squad, to be the reason that the whole base was compromised. He set the turret down, and began to set it up. He took a drag on the cigarette that was in between his lips and blew the smoke out of his nose. His gear seemed to big for him, his black M3 helmet was sliding in front of his eyes, and the strap on his M41A1 pulse rifle was loose. He had to keep reaching over his shoulder to adjust it and make sure it wouldn't fall and clatter to the ground.

After the final set up and been completed, Mark smiled through his black goatee and turned around heading for the Waffle to get the sandbags and start setting up and inner perimeter. Then, a thought struck him. He looked over at the HQ squad, and noticed the red haired lady, Gene, was watching him. He gulped and began to walk over to her to ask her a question about setting up the perimeter.

"Ma'am." he said nervously. "Eh, do you think the bugs are going to be able to get past one row of razor wire? I mean, we know the fuckers can jump like crazy, and I was thinking we'd need like at least three rows of razor wire."

Another thought struck him and he knelt down onto the ground, drawing a digram in the dust. "Thing is, we got only one row of defenses. If we were to lay two more rows of sandbags and wire, we'd have two fall back positions before the bugs or whoever attack us even get to our main base perimeter. That makes sense, right?"

The immediate area was still clear, although just as Gene was about to turn towards the 1st Squad to check on their progress she picked up a smoke trail in the sky. Carmine's voice replied through the communications channel for the W-Y Corp. "Copy that Carmine, keep an eye out for them, last thing we need if to shoot anyone who's on our side. Oh, and I may have just seen an entry smoke trail...keep it in mind, but nothing we can do about it right now. Out." Gene cut the conversation short as one of 1st Squad approached her.

Listening she took in what he was saying before nodding. "Good idea Harrows, I doubt Malus would mind making the perimeter more secure now that it's up enough to deter any attack to check for weaknesses. Three rows of wire, leave open a choke point to the direct south and make sure that at least a few turrets are defending our rear to the north. I don't want even a mouse being able to reach the Waffle without at least a couple of thousand rounds getting fired at them. And keep a few turrets offline around the Waffle as a last resort option to keep some heat off us when we bug out of here if we're in a hurry, hopefully that won't happen though. Good work." Gene instructed before opening up communications with the W-Y on the ground. "Carmine, Harrows from 1st Squad just recommended setting up another two wire perimeters outside our current one. We can fall back to the Waffle in a worst case scenario that way. And we'll keep the south choke point open for the DBO and allies to move through."

Before Harrows had a chance to move back to work Gene stopped him. "Harrows, see if we can get any information from our pilot about the ground below us, I want to know if there are any sewers or tunnels around here."

DeathWraith, Human, 15 years ago

Xeuss' smile was dimmed only slightly by Saysell's quick changes of attitude, he was happy to see a fellow xenomorph hybrid.

"Oh, come on, you know i couldn't risk the whole clan's life for you, until not long ago the area around Earth was impenetrable. Now that humanity here is on the brink of extinction, it feels much safer. But you're right, saving your sorry existence is only a... hm... a... third...? of the reason i'm here. We followe a couple of Pred ships here. Seriously, you'd think they'd at least stop it with the hunting in situations like this, but... whatever. So i thought, why not offer the corporation our aid against these two ships and demand everything we want in exchange? But don't tell anyone yet, let the corporation get a predator surprise cake first and -"

Xeuss stopped for a moment... He could feel an agitated Queen somewhere in the distance. But barely.

"Hmmm... There should be lots of hives around, right? There's a Queen somewhere around, but i can only feel one, and very far away. She must be really excited about something since i didn't hear her until now... You think we're gonna run into xenomorphs? Heh... no matter, i can take care of that, anyway, the good news in all this is that if we get everything we want you can come live with us on the ship! She's been keeping your room clean for some reason. Ain't that exciting?"

Xeuss stopped talking to feel around his jacket for his flashlight, then took it and turned it on, pointing it at his own face. In the dark it was very hard to make out his facial epressions.

"See, i look excited, right?" Then pointing the flashlight back at Saysell's face, "So... what were YOU up to just now?"

Gaunt, Human, 15 years ago

Gaunt had followed Firehunter into the center of the Hive to the queens chamber, It was only then that he saw the magnificent and almighty queen for the first time in his life.
He sat down next to Firehunter greeted the queen and waited, After a short time Alien Drone and Peterson appered greeted the queen and waited around with all the other thousands of xeno's in the center of the Hive, Waiting for something to happen, Something Gaunt wasn't sure about.

alien-drone, Human, 15 years ago

after greeting the queen alien-drone wondered round for a bit, checking to see who was in the great chamber. alien-drone felt an uneasy tension in the air as the queen screeched at her servants, the thought of not knowing what was going to happen was making alien-drone nervous.what seemed like hours later everyone left the hive and travelled out into the world were screams and blood could be seen and heard for miles, desruction all around them. their only mission was to kill remaining yautas and bring hosts back to the hive. this was the start of a great and long battle

Gaunt, Human, 15 years ago

So the battle had finally begun, Gaunt had been waiting for this.
He scuttled along the tunnels and then climbed out of a small gap, Away from the other xeno's.
He now had one objective:
Prove that a chestburster is a threat.
He looked around but couldn't see enything but waves of xeno's.
Wanting to find something fight, Gaunt scuttled along the ground and carryed on down the passage ways and stayed alert, always watching his soroundings, looking for a kill.

Waralien, Human, 15 years ago

The Queen's brief meeting of the leaders was short but important, well to her anyway. War had only one thing on his mind.

As the Queen signaled for the hive to move out, she called on War to stay behind. War waited patiently for the other aliens to leave before the Queen and himself had a word with one another.

As soon as the coast was clear, the Queen issued out specific orders for War. He was to lead a team of Predaliens, runners and Warriors to the human city and find a back way into it. Once they did, they would signal the main assult force to overrun the place.

War agreed and turn to head out. Just as he turned he saw one of the Predaliens he was going to lead. A large battle-worn Predalien, with several spines missing from his back. War called him and he snapped to greet War. Then both headed out to meet the rest of the team.

Carmine's ghost of a smile showed up again. When Gene mentioned the smoke trail, he thought of what appeared to be nothing other than his mind playing games with him. She saw it too, then. That meant something dropped in the area, somewhere South. Apparently, going South would be to knock on death's door. Now, what happened afterwards was the fun part.

He didn't bother saying anything more due to the word "out" having been used, so he assumed she wanted to cut it short. He kept scanning the area on the offchance that the DBO people showed up. They couldn't do anything about a drop pod that didn't land immediately near them. So, on with the original objective.

When Gene radioed him again, he took a moment to respond. He had no idea who Harrows was, but he actually considered the same thing when Delta started setting up the perimeter, but hadn't said anything because that wasn't their orders. But, they had no orders against it, either. "Understood, Gene. I don't think it'll do much against our gargantuan lizard-man problem when they start coming, but the grubs can't do much other than just jump 'em or run through 'em. Probably twenty meters off our current perimeter, both start ten away. Give us a full fifty. If need be, we could probably dig out a few small trenches, too. Let me know what you guys think on this. Carmine out."

He turned to Delta and the rest of whoever was working on setting up the area. "First Squad, there's going to be a little bit more work cut out here," he announced. He didn't want to sound like he was their Sergeant or anything, because he wasn't. But he was going to have to tell it like it was. "Harrows thinks we ought to set up two more razor wire perimeters for the killer bugs. We'll have two fallback points before we hit the dropship. If there's no objections, I'm saying we put 'em ten meters apart. First one's ten meter's out from this line, second one's ten meters away from that for twenty. We get fifty meters."

He probably sounded like he was trying to give them orders. He wasn't. He was in no commanding position, unless somebody took his Command Squad promotion to be one. To him, it just meant he got a bit more protection, and he'd probably be given possibly more important tasks than other squads. He'd been having a regular day when he got the minigun assigned to him, the promotion dumped in his lap, and his tasks for the mission being given to him. It was a lot to deal with all in one day, but he didn't think much of it. "Any objections, then?

Kirby-Cage, Human, 15 years ago

kirby had arrived late to the meeting....kirby saw that all the other aliens were gone exect for War who was heading in his direction.kirby hiissed to war whats he was doinging War only repled "follow" kirby did so without questions.

x_saysell, Human, 15 years ago

Saysell's expression changed once again, to one of a much more relaxed and kindly manner. Something he not often exhibited.
"Well when you put in like that..." Saysell quickly replied
"There is a huge hive complex to the east, probably where the queen will be." Saysell stopped to look at Xeuss's "excited" face.
"Very much so. Your only jealous 'cause, she loves me and if the situation was switched she would of blasted your shit into space"

Edging Xeuss to walk on with him, down on Saysell's original route, marine bound.
"Well I was on my way to getting my ass off this dam rock. Seen as the marines are most probably here for survivors I thought they may like some information regarding the location of a colony not too far from here. They have kept me supplied with food and water, in return for helping them create a mounted defence agen the bugs..." Saysell paused remembering Xeuss didn’t share his marine dialect and he didn’t often call the bugs, bugs "...Xenomorphs."
"Saying that though I aint heard anything for at least a month now, so who knows?"
They where now heading on towards where had heard the marine dropships.
After around 20 minutes brisk walking, briefing each other on the past five years came the faint silhouette of marine dropships and a ruin, Saysell could smell the fear of the new marines even from this distance.
"New bloods, typical" Taking in a lung full of the aroma that now greeted him Saysell stopped and his eyes widened.
"There here" Saysell now urged Xeuss to push on faster but he didn’t, there was something wrong.

TDN, Human, 15 years ago

"What the hell taking them so long?" TDN asked. The other squads should have moved long ago. Their delay is making this operation harder by the minute. He decided to contact Kidd again "Kidd, what's going on up there?". "We should be done with the preparations" was the reply "you guys continue on with cheking the outskirts for survivors". "What the hell are those Corporate bastards doing?" TDN asked. "They're still setting up the perimeter" Kidd replied "making sure our defences are working fine". "Alright call me back when you have new updates" TDN said as he turned off his communicator.

"Damnit, what the hell are they thinking" he thought "it's been at least 2 hours since the dropships landed. Either those Mercenaries are really slow or like I suspected, they couldn't care less about rescuing these survivors. They plan to stay in the safe zone and make it easier to bail out when trouble comes". He scoffed "How typical".

Bringing his attention back to the infested aparment complex that they had infiltrated, he turned to his men and said "Alright, time to move. We've stayed here long enough". And with that, they slowly make their move into the building. "Marine, where did you detect the signal?" he asked. "About 20m northeast from our current position sir" the marine replied. TDN scanned the hallway in front of them. "Looks like it's the third room to our right" he said "turn on your infrared sights". "But sir that won't..." one of the marines said. "I know" TDN replied "those things won't show up on infrared but the survivors will. This will allow us to discern whether these movements are from survivors or those creatures".

As they slowly approach the room, TDN looked around at the hive structure and couldn't help it but get an eerie feeling like something was about to come. When they had approached the door, his infrared sights revealed 4 survivors inside the room. But something seems to arouse his suspicions. They were positioned along the walls, some which didn't even have their feet touch the ground. "Could it be?" he thought.

As the explosives were set off and his men breached the room, his fears were confirmed. The 4 survivors all lay in alien-made coccoons along the walls, while 4 facehugger carcasses lay on the ground. "We're too late" he said "soon they'll have those things bursting out from their bodies and they'll die". He turned to his men "There's no way to save them. The only thing we can do for them is to prevent them from giving birth to more monstrosities. Flamethrowers, torch them". His men were hesitant, but due to his insistence, they were forced to comply.

As the bodies were being burned, his only thoughts were "How many more in this forsaken city have shared the same fate as them?". Then a thought suddenly brought him back to reality "Wait, if these people were rendered immobile, where did that movement come from?".

-Bloo-, Human, 15 years ago

When you die, the first thing your eyes gaze upon is either the crimson flames of hell or the heavenly skies of blue. Though that fact doesn't matter to you. In the end, the only thing racing through your mind is one sure statement: You're dead.

*Gray clouds of dust rose upon the land, concealing the survival of the fittest. Screaming jets raced across the red sky, releasing devices of death upon the battlefield. Eruptions of flames isolated the wasteland of a city, threatening to take the life of anyone, or anything, that was foolish enough to get in its way. Debris scattered all throughout area, creating heavy rattling and fruthering the pandemonium.

The shadow skid across the ground, up over obstacles and beneath wave after wave of the enemy's sprays of metal. It preceded to wrap itself around one of the weaker of the enemy's ranks. Time and again the human tried prying the serpent off his body, but had recieve the shorter end of the stick. The horrid creature wrapped around tighter and squeezed; explosions of blood and flesh ensued.

A larger, more grotesque abomination shot out from beneath a pool of blood and began hammering one of the humans who was unfortunate to be hiding where he was. With another RIP! he realized he couldn't see for a brief moment- one of his eyes had been forced out of its socket. With the remaining eye, he watched it roll under the beast's foot, only being squished to a pulp a second later. Another swipe from the serpent's claw had missed... or so he thought. Before he knew it, he soldier fighting for a blind cause was kneeling on the ground, holding something in his hands that felt squishy, wet. A liquid was forced into his mouth, and it tasted of iron. Cough after cough, he couldn't make out what was happening at that moment. A closer look with his remaining eye and he noticed something red staining his whole body.

...Blood?

Truly shocked. What the hell was going on? Was one of his mates just killed? Whose blood was this? He took another look at it and realized one of the most unfortunate of truths. And with an expression of horror, said out loud:

This is my blood.

The serpent of the color blue grunted, crouching and tearing the soldier's legs off, and then his arms, one by one. Thoughts of his children began flashing through his head. With one last look at the bringer of his demise, the young man simply shouted his wife's name and perished under the might of one of the leaders of the Alien hive infecting the human's cradle world.*

*The man sitting next to the radio on his rusted truck could only sit in disgust. With crossed arms and closed eyes he managed a smile at the military personel heading his way.

"Brigadier General, it's nice to see you."

The general with two of his lower units stood beside the major and his beat-up truck, who was alone.

"Major Calvert, I'm just going to cut to the chase and tell you what's on my mind."

Calvert raised and eyebrow and, opening one eye, looked the general's way. "Alright. Shoot."

"Why, may I ask, did you do what you did?"

The major sighed and closed both eyes again. "It's not real complicated, sir. A lot more people would've died had I not acted promptly. You of all people should understand that. You've been through that situation before, am I correct?"

The general began stepping towards Calvert, who didn't move an inch.

"You have a problem with authority."

"And you have a problem with doing what's right. Have you no shame in your previous decision? I left because I'm tired of being a dog of the military. We're supposed to do what's right for the people, god damnit!" Major Calvert raised a fist at him and grasped his colar. The general's subordinates stepped forward. "What gives you the right to kill that many people-"

It was there that Brigadier General Johnnson crushed the major's stomach and left him to kneel on the ground. "Uggh, what the hell was that for-?"

"You would really raise your voice to a superior? Know your place. I've already discussed this with you... I was hoping you'd think your answer more thoroughly this time, but I was wrong. You still have a place in my unit. But for now, go ahead and do nothing about this war!"

Calvert, with a calm yet angry voice, slowly knelt back up and responded. "...War?"

Now eye to eye, Calvert could say what was on hismind. "You shouldn't have come here. This? This is their fight. Those alien species. Not your's or anyone else's. Look at what's happened! Half the human population dead, and counting! This..." Johnnson changed his expression and began realizing what Calvert was trying to say this whole time. "This ain't a war, Brigadier General. This is genocide."*

*Three droplets of dark red dripped to the floor, slowly oozing from the jaw that has seen many deaths. It growled, satisfied with the first of many kills through the night. Wind blew strongly throughout the area, rocks and pebbles rolling along the deserted no-man's land, every species for itself. Human bodies lay dead. It sat quietly, thinking to itself what was going to happen now. Half of the prey has been consumed. Now what? Another uneasy feeling was felt by the creature. Racing back down to its plot of origin, the mighty serpent only known as Bloo to itself fell into the massive crowds of lower members of the same species. With one look around, it bayed, allowing the others to know their place. Bloo strided along, seeing other higher xenomorphs traveling toward the layer of the Queen Mother and followed suit.

A brief meeting had occured. The Queen Mother shrieked at her many sons and signaled a go. Thousands of xenomorphs began climbing back up to the surface, eager to claim a kill or a new host for their young brethren. Waralien and other Shadow Serpents have stayed behind, seeing to other tasks. The enemy hunters and the prey gather troops to end this never-ending war of the worlds. To Bloo, the fun was just getting started.*

Something on the horizon caught Carmine's attention. He flipped down his visor, initiating the zoom on it as fast as he could. He took a look out as far as he could... Whatever it was catching his attention, it was still too far for the binoculars to pick up. It just showed up as a moving blur... Were there two?

He flipped up his visor again, jamming his two fingers to the side of his head again. "Gene, this is Carmine. Don't know if you caught it yet, but there's movement down South. I think I count two, too hard to tell from this distance. The images look human, coming in slowly. Very slowly. I think it's DBO," he said into the radio. His voice had picked up some volume, though. He was getting excited over it. He didn't know why, but he was. He started walking toward the opening point. "I'm heading to the opening now. You got the sniper, so you can see out farther than me. If you can meet me at the choke point, I could use a verification. Carmine out."

He cut off the radio, switching to the external link again. He turned to face the members of First Squad. "Something's headed for the South entrance. I'm heading that way. You guys keep going, I'll be back once I've got confirmation," he stated briefly. He felt like he was abandoning his post, but his orders were to guard First Squad while they set up shop. Well, that was what he was doing. He was just moving up front. He considered radioing the Commander, but decided he'd wait until he had verification. He hauled the minigun up to full aiming level, and had his finger on the trigger. He had his thumb on the warm-up switch, but didn't start just yet. This had better not be hostiles.

Watching as the third row of razor wire was set up, and some sandbag for cover if needed, Gene stood up when she received the communication from Carmine. "Roger that, I'll be right there." Carrying her rifle, Gene began to move away from the crates before something made her gut spasm. She couldn't place it, but something bad was happening...as if a whole lot of people were giving of seriously bad vibes all at once. Pushing it to the back of her mind Gene turned to Harrows and began to say something "Harrows, get these defenses set up and do sentry duty until I get back...make sure we have wireless motion detectors set up at 150 meters and IR on the third row. Anything else you think we need, that isn't too out of the question then do it. Base defenses are now up to you and 1st Squad."

Heading for the choke point, making good time to reach where Carmine was. Looking at him for a second she turned to scan the distance before nodding as she picked up some movement. Raising the sniper rifle to her shoulder, she looked through the scope before switching off the infrared filter. Two men it seemed were hurrying towards the Marines and W-Y position. "Definitely two men, unsure of who they are...one of them seems to have Marine armour on. Could it be the DBO were waiting for?" Gene asked with a puzzled look.

"Commander, Contact outside perimeter to the south still outside the two hundred meter mark. Unknown identity. Treating them with high suspicion, it may be the DBO guys. Other than that no contacts inside or outside the base as of yet." Gene spoke with an official tone whilst keeping the two contact's in her sights. Flicking over to the IR filter she frowned. "That's odd...there still out a bit so the readings are a little distorted, but I'm picking up a rather low body temperature, still looks human though, just not as hot as us" Gene smiled at the comparison.

"Let them get closer and we'll see what they do...either way, they don't get inside the compound without us searching and clearing them. Keep them covered Carmine, I'll give them the third degree. No need to put any others at risk." Gene stood up again and waved for two of 2nd Squad to move through to the third perimeter and Gene began to follow. "Good work on the perimeter Carmine...let's hope it holds up during the testing attacks."