DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Another hiss. Irregular, like the other one. The sound of an imperfect creature. A failed cross between humanity and inhumanity. Xeuss wasn't very fond of the idea of having such volatile creatures flying around through space unchecked.

"We'll see what the deal is once we're done. Until then, you do what you know and i'll do my best to stay out of your way. These things, these experiments, they are like me, but... lesser. I don't know where they're coming from, but they can't be running around without supervision. I can't guarantee to you that their heads will be intact once we're done, but i have the means to... correct death. I'm sure, if we both live through this, you'll get your chance to kill them again. They should be this way."

Xeuss grabbed his pistol and started running in the direction of the crashed shuttle. It was easy enough to spot, even from a great distance. He'd left the Yautja to his business and was now running through the rows of medieval houses, punching and kicking down the cardboard walls. It was annoying. It was annoying to have to hurry. He had expected this to be just some easy scavenging. He stopped and watched from a fake window. About 500 meters away, two figures were moving away from eachother, next to the smashed, smoking shuttle. Abominations. They had tails, claws and other useless malformations. One of them was almost half his size and looked like a child. They both appeared to be female. It looked like an easy job after all.

He kicked down the cardboard wall and holstered his pistol. He made sure the sound was loud enough to catch the attention of the two. It was time to become ruthless.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Harpy paused when she heard what sounded like a wall falling or rather being kicked over. She turned and walked in the same direction she heard the sound, she had forgotten about that little brat she encountered except she did not bother to see if it was her. If indeed it was the kid that was making the racket she would be discovered and killed by either the yautja or whoever else was around. But whoever kicked in the wall must have deliberately been trying to draw some attention to themselves.

“So I won’t have to play Russian Roulette by drawing attention to myself right now.” Harpy thought to herself as she followed in the direction she had heard the sound. So far she didn’t see anyone just more cardboard buildings some she recognized some she didn’t but this was where she detected the sound but not the source. Finally stopping Harpy glanced around cautiously searching for any movement no matter how small or visible, only she didn’t see anything move. What she did pick up was the sound of someone breathing somewhere around the same area she was in. Harpy coiled her tail around her right leg and pulled out her small sword which was barely a foot long but sharp and very effective and easy to carry around. A sly little smirk spread across her face once again, it was time for her to draw a little attention to herself.

“Alright I can here you breathing! So why don’t you just come out and show yourself already?!” Harpy called out waiting for either the person to respond or waiting for an attack either could happen now. She just had to wait, listen and brace herself for whatever happened next.

"I'm right here, next to the tree, what's wrong with you, i'm not even hiding. I was looking right at you, why'd you have to go around way over there? ...I don't HAVE to breathe like this, you know, i just like the feeling of it."

Xeuss walked over to the smirking hybrid with a bored look on his face.

"Can you see me, do your eyes even work? Know what, don't answer that, let me just present myself, I am Xeuss of the Dark bla, bla, bla. This isn't gonna work. You're wiggling your tail at me, it's getting annoying..." Xeuss paused for a moment. "AlRIGHT LOOK!" he shouted as he grabbed the hybrid by the neck and tail and pinned her up on the wall, then walked back two steps to look at her better.

"This is what's going to happen. I'm going to kill you today, you and your little friend, and then i'm going to kill you again, and again, until you find it as natural as... breathing, i guess. And then, i may have a job for you, what do you say?"

He sat down looking at the young hybrid still hanging on the wall, waiting for her to answer.

LadyDeathStriker, Yautja, 13 years ago

Kieran had heard the same sound and had decided out of curiosity the check it out, she went past a series of buildings occasional poking one with her tail. She couldn’t hear anything out of the ordinary except for her away breathing and the sound her boots made, she stopped when she spotted about six yards ahead of her the same hybrid she ran into. Kieran stood behind a building and watched her, she unsheathed a small but sharp looking sword she yelled for someone to step out of hiding saying she knew they were there the whole time. Kieran would have but apparently someone else beat her to it, inching out of her hiding place a little further she was able to see who it was around the same time she was shoved into a wall.

“Hmm guess she isn’t so tough a brutal as I thought she was what a wimp.” Kieran whispered to herself peering a little closer she expected the see the female hybrid pinned upside the wall by the yautja but was surprised to see it wasn’t the yautja but another hybrid, only this one was male. Kieran groaned audibly, he was taller than the other hybrid and looked a lot more stronger, which meant he was stronger and likely faster then her as well. But being small had it’ advantages, she could maneuver around the two faster and could easily slip away quickly the strike again. Kieran smirked evilly as she watched the two hybrids, all she had to do was wait and see what happened and maybe it would pay off. For her at least.

As far as she could remember of her time being on her own ever since her escaped she had only been in a situation where she didn't have the upper hand once and. She went to some planet and found a dead hybrid, that resembled the young girl she had just encountered, though she had mixed thoughts on her discovery she wondered if it was her younger sister. By being there she was recaptured and transported to another lab for observations only to escape after the power went out and a rogue yautja and a bunch of mercenaries showed up. Only none of that mattered anymore anyway, nor did finding her old friend Duke all she focused one from then on was not dying. Which brought her back to her currant predicament. Harpy was surprised she didn’t notice her attacker who was also a hybrid, he was taller than her and a lot stronger as well. Right at that instant Harpy knew she was outmatched though she pretty much just kept that to herself considering her currant mood. Much of her currant mood had to do with her being restrained something she never liked.

“Ok first off I don’t even know that ditzy runt, I was planning on killing her but that would be a waste of my time. Now exactly what type of job offer are you asking me about? I seriously doubt I’d be of much use to you dead.” Harpy simple stated quite calmly. She seemed surprised by the offer considering she rarely got job offers since she rarely talked with or encountered anyone she didn't just kill off right away.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

Deathdrop charged after the hybrid, his thermal vision highlighting the other two. Readying his plasma caster and smart-disk, Deathdrop roared, and leapt at the smaller one. It looked almost like a child, causing Deathdrop to reconsider killing her.

"I'll just cripple you. Look grateful."

Kieran was slightly ashamed that she didn’t notice the yautja before hand, she had been more interested in the currant situation of the other female hybrid she didn’t bother to keep her guard up. Well lucky for her she could understand just about everything the yautja had said to her, so far he hadn’t decided on killing her but rather severely crippling her which wasn’t so bad. Normally Kieran in a situation like this would’ve had her opponent on the end of her tail gurgling blood and gasping for air. She was strong enough to take down a fully grown adult male human but she was dealing with a human right now, she was dealing with a fully grown yautja who was easily more than half her size and much more stronger than her. So just accepting a beat down seemed like the only intelligent thing to do.

“Ok.” Kieran replied bravely.

"Ok." said the young creature.

Deathdrop was taken aback. He, a Yautja warrior, had just threatened to cripple this hybrid, and her response was not fear, but to look him in the eyes and die with dignity?

He had hunted on hundreds of worlds, killed thousands of opponents, seen the dying breaths of beast and Yautja alike, and never had he seen such a reaction. Even when they knew they were about to die, most would take to running or begging. This being, younger than most, stood her ground and accepted the inevitable.

Hell, if ALL hybrids were this stupid, the Council of Ancients had nothing to worry about.

"Good. I was worried I would get my blades dirty."

He backhanded her across the face and targeted her, preparing to fire his caster. Hell, he might make it home in time to watch some of the younger males beat each other to death over a territorial dispute (which was one of those things that was ALWAYS funny).

When Harpy heard the yautja’s loud roar again she instantly knew it had something to do with the hybrid kid she ran into. Since she didn’t know her name Harpy just decided to call her “Runt”, seeing that it suited her because of her size. Though what made Harpy curious was she didn’t here a sudden pain filled death shrike or the sound of blades running through flesh and bone or the sound of a body falling.

“Hmm wonder why she not dead yet.” Harpy muttered out loud mostly to herself. Turning her attention back to her “captor” she noticed something that she had virtually missed. He had told her his name but she didn’t mention her name though, something she rarely did seeing from past dealings when she gave out her name to someone they later on tried to kill her or they themselves were killed. So from that point on Harpy rarely gave out her name especially her former name which was high on her former employers Death List. Quickly forgetting about the runt she decided to get a little more info on the job offer that was mentioned and her opinion on her death.

“About they job offer you mentioned earlier I’m still quite curious about that. If it has anything to do with killing anyone working for the Weyland/Yutani Corporation count me in.” her voice was threaded with hatred and venom just saying the name Weyland/Yutani brought back the faint memories she had none of which were good.

“Though I do have one more thing to say,” Harpy replied looking towards the male hybrid again.” You don’t think I’m going to just roll over and let you kill me right?" she aske as the slits in her eyes narrowd.

The force of being backhanded sent Kieran face first on the ground, groaning in pain she rolled over almost scrunching into a ball with her hand clutched on her face. She been hit before but she had gotten use to it so she didn’t start crying like a little kid but the smack was stilling stinging.

“Ow ok that hurt!” Kieran groaned rolling over on her back, her vision slightly blurry.” I think my face is gone, or at least part of it.” Kieran said out loud mostly to herself. Though two things ran through her head at that moment; “I wonder how quickly I’m going to die now” and “I think part of my face ended up somewhere on other cardboard house” though she was mostly focused on the part about her face. Finally standing, she wobbled a few times before standing straight up. Her tail coiled around her left leg and she started right at the yautja.

“Ok are you going to kill me slowly or quickly? I already know I’m dead but I would prefer dying quickly.” she stated sounding more serious than like a frightened child.

Deathdrop, irritated at the lack of action, began firing his plasma caster at the hybrid's feet.

"Let's see of THIS motivates you to move!"

Kieran was annoyed that she was being shot at but she was also satisfied; her plan was working. So far she had managed to appear clumsy, unsure and in all fairness a complete ditz. It was all just a ploy, something she had learned to use very quickly once she marked for death. Her tail hung low behind her, Kieran slipped her tail down her right boot she pulled out a ten inch serrated blade and slipped it into her left hand. After dodging a few more plasma caster shots she stood stock still. Tilting her head and hissing like an enraged cobra her tail lashed back and forth with a hidden rage before she jammed her tail right into the ground in front of her like a sword. It was about time she reveal her true colors,

“Well,” she began changing her dialect from human to yautja just so her opponent would know just how serious she was,” I see I’ve bored you enough. So let me get to the point; I already know I’m dying now doubt about that, though just rolling over and dying seems…boring. I’d rather die fighting, so who make’s the first move you? Or me? ” Kieran pull her tail out from the ground and lashed it through the air, in a challenging manner. The yautja seemed a little more interested now , probably glad she had decided to fight rather than continue her annoying bluff. Her gripped tightened around the handle of the blade and hissing again this time more savagely. He wanted ruthless, well he just got it.

"The animal can talk. Amusing."

Deathdrop unsheathed his wristblades and charged, slashing the hybrid's tail. The attack, was meant to sever it, but the creature moved faster than expected, and so escaped with only a wound. It was a good thing Deathdrop's armor was acid-proof, because the hybrid bled more than expected.

The Yautja spun, facing his opponent. He thought back to a time when he'd killed a human while it was watching one of their entertainment boxes. Deathdrop didn't understand much English, but the bit he had picked up from the film seemed appropriate.

"You gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?"

*OOC: Reservoir Dogs FTW!*

Kieran considered herself lucky she was fast enough otherwise her tail would be on the ground twitching like a dying snake. In an attempt to get at lest one good hit in Kieran slung her tail in the yautja’s direction successfully hitting his armor; only to see it was resistant to acid. She would have to rethink her next move and she had to do it fast, because her opponent was ready to charge her again. Raising her blood she braced herself, with in a second the yautja roared again and charged at her, wrist blades ready to slice through her, Kieran was quick enough to duck right as he got right up on her. Standing quickly Kieran swung her tail sideways and sliced the yautja down his back. He was partially unaffected seeing that most of his back was covered in armor anywhere that was cut into with the bladed hybrids tail and even scored by the small amount of blood that had ran down her tail. Kieran screeched in triumph over her tiny victory, the yautja whirled around and snarled at her while swished her tail back and forth.

“Nice move tying to slice my tail off. It would have worked to your advantage but alas in the end it worked out in favor of me..” Kieran tilted her head to the side, she swiped her tail at the side of one of the cardboard houses splashing her acid blood onto it which immediately began to eat through the material. Her thoughts briefly jumped back to the other hybrid, Kieran knew it was likely after the yautja killed her he would go after the other hybrid. She didn’t think she had much of a chance though she might be bale to cause more damage being older and a little bigger. Kieran braced herself for another charge, the yautja waited her caution waiting for her to strike but she didn’t.

“Your move again.” she said. Growling the yautja charged her again, Kieran used the same tactic she had last time only this time she reacted slower; she dodged what would have been a head on tackle and was successful in delivering another wound by using the serrated knife she had and stabbing the yautja in the upper left arm and the quickly twisting the blade and pull back. He whirled around and when he did, the yautja’s wrist blades sliced across Kieran’s chest down to her bone. A sharp pain filled cry pierced the air as she fell back in shock and pain. Kieran willed herself to stand up quickly, her right hand clutched to her chest. Her heart pounded in her ears and blood dripped sluggishly from the wound, it had hit the bone but didn’t go through. Her blood dripped onto the ground and began to quickly devour it’s way through the dying grass. Kieran stood up straighter, her left arm was dotted with red and green blood. She was ready for the next move and was determined to avoid further injury for as long as she could.

Harpy’s tail coiled restlessly like an anxious snake behind her back scrapping against the cardboard, her heart drummed steadily in her chest and the slits of her eyes dilated in excitement. She could smell the fear in the air, the blood, the sweat and the smell of acid blood mixing with dying grass. Harpy could sense that the little hybrid wasn’t going to last much longer against the yautja. The girl was to inexperienced, but knew how and when to kill. Harpy couldn’t shake the feeling that the two knew each other somehow, in someway. Harpy signed again and shifted her weight o the left side of her body trying to relieve the stiffness. It only worked a little bit but to Harpy it was better than being dead.

“I wonder if that little banshee can outwit the yautja.” Harpy said out loud but she was really talking to herself.

Deathdrop, tiring of the little game the hybrid was playing, hurled his Smart-disk through the air, aiming for her head. With any luck, it would make for a quick, yet extremely painful kill. Just as the disk left his hand, he fired yet another bolt from his plasma caster.

"Let's see how fast you are..."

Xeuss had seemingly forgotten about the hybrid on the wall, having listened with great interest to the battle that went on just a few cardboard blocks away. Cardboard blocks that were about to prove extremely treacherous. The smart disk thrown by Deathdrop had no solid obstacle to bounce off of and so returned to its owner in a great arch. Right through the wall that Harpy was pinned on, slicing off the tip of her tail and Xeuss' right arm right above the elbow.

The pain numbed his human consciousness and that of the Xenomorph he once was surfaced almost instantly. His mouth opened into a terrifying screech that echoed throughout the plateau. In a moment, he jumped at the throat of the nearest enemy he could find, bringing down the cardboard wall with her. He pinned her down by the throat, biting at her face, then threw her like a ragdoll over his own head and punched at her ribs with all his strength, blood bursting through her mouth. All the while, the heavy acid flow from his arm left a trail of smoking dips through the metal and plastic floor.

Kieran had almost successfully dodged the smart disk thrown by her opponent. When came back around it sliced through her rib cage on her left side before it returned to it’s owner. The intense pain sent Kieran onto the ground writhing like a dying snake on it’s back, screeching in agony to the sky. Breathing heavily as blood ran out of her side, draining a considerable amount of strength from the juvenile’s body. Kieran sense sparked again when she heard commotion where the other hybrids were, apparently they had began to fight though she couldn’t really tell who had the upper hand. Realizing that she had lost her blade, Kieran began to sit up only feel something grab her tail and snatch her backwards and slam her into the side of one of the cardboard walls. Dropping to the ground Kieran coughing up a blood clot, while trying to make sense of what just happened Kieran was snatched up again and the flung through the air. A loud roar followed as she soared through the air, at first it was a good feeling until she came into contact with the hard ground. Kieran felt the air leave her lungs as if it had been snatched away from her. Coughing blood this time, Kieran rolled over on her side to look around more effectively. She was surprised to see that the first hybrid she had encountered didn’t have the upper hand. The tip of her tail was gone, she had blood around her mouth and looked like she was in agonizing pain. The male hybrid had the upper hand, as far as Kieran could tell they were both wounded. The female her tail and the male hybrid was missing an arm but still managed to hold his own, though Kieran could tell he was pissed. He grabbed the female hybrid by her bleeding tail and tossed her in Kieran’s direction. She landed a couple of feet from the juvenile hybrid, she gaze a painful but annoyed screech. Breathing heavily Kieran tried to stand but to no avail. She silently cursed under her breath as she saw the yautja step into view, walking forward slowly only to stop once he reached the male hybrid.

“I guess this is it.” Kieran muttered.

Harpy cast an icy glare at the juvenile hybrid before rolling over on her back which she immediately whished she hadn’t done. One of her three broken ribs bent and stuck deeper into her flesh under her skin, the pain was enough to make Harpy screech agonizing pain. She hadn’t felt this bad since she had that fight with Bad Blood in that old abandoned biolab, the bastard had nearly beaten her to death but in the end she gain the upper hand and killed. Harpy ceased her cry of pain and drew in several guttural deep breaths, she began to wonder if her lungs had been punctured but so far she didn’t have much trouble breathing. Harpy eyes drifted over to the yautja, she cursed out loud. He was taller than her and looked like a very experienced hunter only had minor injuries, mere cuts for a warrior like him, wounds he probably got from the runt. Harpy forced herself to stand despite the pain in her chest, once she was upright she took three steps. Lashing her tail aggressively she glared at the other hybrid and the yautja.

“So who wants to die first?” she snapped.

“Big talk half-tail.” Kieran said rolling, the female slowly turned towards Kieran and with one quick and unexpected movement gave the Kieran a roundhouse kick in the chest the sent her flying four feet back first onto the ground again. Kieran coughed up bitter thick blood, while trying to stand up she realized the force of the kick tossed her in the direction of the yautja, who seemed amused at her struggle.

“Impressive. You just might be able to hold your own.” Kieran hissed, making the female laugh. Her voice, the laugh was sarcastic and familiar, Kieran only knew one person who laughed like that. Her sister. Kieran didn’t know if she was going insane due to her injuries, or if this hybrid knew her sister somehow. Or……….what if the hybrid was really her sister? Kieran didn’t know, she had to stay alive long enough to find out.

“I still have a tail, I can help you. So which one you gonna go at first?” Kieran asked drawing in a deep breath that stung at her throat.