the_doctor, Yautja, 14 years ago

Look AvP is an average film in my opinion. My reason to hate on Paul WS Anderson is all the other crap he's pushed out. Ie. Resident Evil 1 and 2, DOA, Death Race and that terrible Soldier. oh and lets not forget Mortal Kombat. The only thing of cinematic worth he made is Event Horizon which rips off so much from Alien it's not funny.

Directors should have to apply for a licence to make films and be excuted for crimes against cinema.

also liking AvP has nothing to do with if you are a fan of the comics or not. I love the original AvP comic. the film has almost no simularity in quality.

mr_loco, Yautja, 14 years ago

Deathwraith>> The Predalien was off the hook imo, and I liked the idea that they made it in to a young queen, that was cool that they did something different imo

Cetanu>> Yeah I can understand why AVP-R was disappointing to some, I still liked it though, I just wish they would have focused more on the action in the movie instead of the dialog that they had, because most the people in the movie were kinda dull... But I can still respect what they tried to do, to have everyday people in it, they just focused the story on the wrong ones like the convicts little brother and his chick, they were kinda annoying to me, they should've skipped those two and just focused on the cop, the convict and the soldier chick....

The Doctor>>
Mortal Kombat, Death Race, Resident Evil 2 and Event Horizon are all good movies imo...
And about the first AVP comics, yeah they did pay alotta homage to them in the first AVP movie, like the whole thing with Lex teaming up with the Predator, the scene where her Italian friend has that chest buster come out and she tells the predator that she'll handle it, the final fight between the queen, Lex and the Predator and where the queen mortally wounds the predator and he finally marks Lex before he dies, that's all from the comics. They didn't follow the exact story of the comics, but they took quite a few parts of it that they used...

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

Mr. Loco, I hope your talking about the original Death race. The revised one was I am sorry a load of crap. Come on, anyone can make D.R. awesome, but it takes skill and certain people to pull it off. Hope you seen it, if not...well go and watch it.

the_doctor, Yautja, 14 years ago

Mr.Loco i am well aware of the parts the cannabalised from the comic. that doesnt mean its on par with the original comic series. sure its a fanboy thing of "oh look they took that from the comic! awesome" but all up they took very little of what made the comic entertaining which was the story.

as for mortal kombat, resident evil 2 and death race...well i guess we differ on opinion

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Yes, the predalien was deifinitely off the hook, it should have been on the hook and at the fucking butcher's. And the idea that it was a young queen was retarded because that's not how queens are made and how they reproduce, that predalien had nothing to do with the Alien franchise or with xenomorphs, it was just the new newborn. BECAUSE WHENEVER SOMEONE GETS THE GREAT IDEA "HEY, LET'S DO SOMETHING NEW AND AWESOME FOR THE FANS" A MOTHERFUCKING NEWBORN IS BORN! AND FRANKLY, FUCK THE NEWBORN! GODDAMNIT!

Anyway, i've always liked Mortal Kombat, it's one of those things that i will remember fondly for the rest of my life, Mortal Kombat and Alien... Resident Evil 1 and 2 were ok in my opinion, but i've played very little of the games so that may be why.

predatoress, Yautja, 14 years ago

Must be the first time I agree with Wraith... I think the whole predalien concept was silly and really raped the original idea of the Queen.

Resident evil's were also crap in my mind but again I liked the games a lot when I was a kid and compared to them the movies didn't just serve well.

Well everyone has different opinions, so it's all good. But yeah I still think that the predalien was cool, and I'm an open minded person, so I thought it being a queen was cool and it was something new and I did not have a problem with how it reproduced cuz hey it's not like they're real species anyway, so it's allways cool to have an open mind and a imagination about this stuff... I mean if it wasn't for HR Gigers imagination, we wouldn't have any Xeno's, so I think it's a good thing with what they did.

And about Death Race, yeah I seen both the original and the remake, and I like what Paul WS Anderson did with the remake. The original was a funny action comedy IMO, and this one was more serious. The only Resident Evil movie I liked was the second one, 1 and 3 disappointed me though, and were nothing like the games, but I ain't hating on them because like I said, I keep an open mind on things...
At the end of the day it all comes down to this though, everybody will always have their own opinions on shit, so it's all good.

So if you finally found out that despite all biological evidence, you have a vagina and spit children out of your throat, you'd be cool with that?

Man u serious? I thought it was cool on the Predalien, shit the Facehugger has the same shit, a dick comin out of it's vagina lookin mouth and it squirts cum down the host's throat...

Yea but that's how the facehugger was meant to be in the first place. There is a well set and complex alien life cycle that the strausse brothers didn't need to touch on. The predalien was meant to be only an alien with a few predator features, not a super retarded mutant from hell.

Yeah, well that's how the predalien was meant to be in the movie too, just like you're saying that the face hugger was meant to be that way... The Predalien was not just a drone, it was a young queen, so it's not the same predalien we've seen in AVP comic books or in the PC games, it's a new breed, and imo there's nothing wrong with that... Like I said, it's all from somebody's imagination anyway, it's not like xenomorphs are based on real live creatures, it's all fiction and when it's all about fiction u gotta let people use their imagination....

No, the predalien wasn't meant to be that, because that's not what canon tells us. From the Alien franchise we learn that a queen is born from a special kind of facehugger from a special egg and that whatever creature it bursts out from, the drone will have only the features needed to make it more efficient, not become some freaking baby spitting pizza chested bullshit. There's no such thing as a new breed out of absofuckinglutely nowhere, it's not how life works, ya dig?

I don't know if you understand the idea of an original concept being turned into a pack of crap by a couple of retarded brothers.

Cetanu-655, Yautja, 14 years ago

DeathWraith is absolutely right.

what ever, I ain't gonna discuss it no more, because I have my opinion and that ain't gonna change, just like you have yours and that ain't gonna change either...
I like the Predalien Queen and I like AVP-R more then I like the original Alien movie by Ridley Scott

OH YEA WELL MY DAD COULD BEAT YOUR DAD!

Man you funny Death Wraith

Are you saying that he couldn't?

But anyway, back on topic.

MrXeno, Yautja, 14 years ago

Somehow, AvP-R reminds me about the sequels to the Tremors movie. And thats because the sequels brought in epic (and ridiculous) variants of the main monster, which is a subterranean worm-creature, called "Graboid." Who hunt its prey by sensing the sound vibration from the ground, and moves towards the unlucky one, only to drag the being underground with its 3 nasty tentacles from its mouth.

All that sounded completely okay, and was easy to swallow. And the director had a great idea for its lifecycle.

Sadly, the new director wanted to change that. So he made the Graboids in the sequel, give birth to a new variant, that explodes through the poor Graboids belly. And this new variant was called "Shrieker." That can run on two legs like a dinosaur. And find its prey through a retractable, heat seeking crest on the top of their heads. And by finding enough food, they could multiply by throwing up another version of it self. Wow...

Well, it could have ended there. But no, the new director made another variant.

When the "Shrieker." Had found enough food, it could mutate to another variant. And this variant was called a "Ass-blaster." That can fly with bat like wings. And to manage to get up in the air, it releases a chemical from its... rear end, or as some would eloquently put it, the ass. Which the name reveals.

And that makes me think of the Predalien from AvP-R.

The basic idea of the xenomorph was completely fine. There was nothing wrong with it, and its lifecycle was quite alright. Even if the whole thing with changing people into an egg was a bit weird. But it could be used so many times, without getting the feeling of the concept being monotonous.

You could even create a hilarious movie, a parody of the movie Gremlins, where one needs to make sure his pet facehugger doesn't get too cuddly with someone...

Or you could create a video game, which was almost like Left 4 Dead. Where 4 survivors is forced to fight off hundreds of xenos, than zombies.

Perhaps you could even mix both plots into one. (New plots for AvP-R?)

There are so many possibilities with that concept.

Then, (As DW said) suddenly somebody gets a great idea to fu*k that up. And the result is, the Predalien from AvP-R. And the Newborn from Alien Resurrection, who looked like a copy of Amy Winehouse, but even better.

The Predalien in the movie was... ok, even if it looked cheesy. But when it could impregnant womens with its secondary mouth, then it got silly. Thats when the Predalien became a "Ass-blaster" to me...

Wouldn't it been better if the Predalien created a smaller version of an egg sac and started to lay eggs like the Alien Queen? Or perhaps it would had been better to drop the whole Predalien idea, and let a young Alien Queen go crazy in that small town, kidnapping people to be food and hosts, before it finds a safe haven to grow and start laying eggs?
Then suddenly Mulder and Scully from X-Files, arrives to save the day?

I don't know, but the whole concept could been much better. But some hyperactive directors out there just can't keep them self from using their own ideas before thinking through it deeply. Because from them, we get "sharks with lasers on their heads."

I'm afraid when somebody decides to introduce female predators, we'll get to see small anorexic beings, with gigantic asses and breasts. Who can somehow tear apart the weird steroid addicts from AvP, meaning male predators...

Thats my opinion about the Predalien. And yes, I think too much. So sorry about the novel.

Cerrata, Yautja, 14 years ago

Out of curiousity Mr_loco, how old are you?

28 about to be 29