Two New AvP Requiem pictures

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Wolf in the sewer,
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/productionstills/normal_productionstill04.jpg

Alien ontop of a car,
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/productionstills/normal_productionstill03.jpg

EDIT: From AvPgalaxy.net

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hm, that alien looks pretty big...

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

hmm the alien looks bigger then the ones in avp.

Yea, it lookss as big as a Praetorian, but Stalker i think said that they become warriors twards the end so maybe that IS a praetorian...

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

doubt it but then again you might be right.

From what I know from Stalker or Dave that Preatorians don't exsist. Defanetly not in the movies. Thats just a warrior. Did you guys forget how big they were in Aliens. Remember the scene in the sewer with Nwet?

Well yea, Praetorians don`t exist in movies yet, that`s why i said that they might have put them in this one. I really don`t remember to ever have seen an alien that much bigger than a human before, except maybe for the runner in alien 3...

I actually thought the "runner" was smaller than most Aliens. Some warriors in Aliens were bigger than others. Its neat how they realisticlly had different sizes. And I doubt they'll put a Preatorian into AvP Requiem. I don't think the Strause brothers are relying on the comics like Anderson did. They are taking this back to both franchise's routs. Concidering that fact alone rises by doubts for a Preatorian. Besides, its said they have all types of hybrids in this movie. Sounds like they have alot for us.

EDIT: and when I say comics, I mean video games aswell.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yeah, If they haven't show Preatorians yet in any of the films its unlikely that they would now, (not to mention their heads look much more like the queen and that one's doesn't) However, the very concept of Aliens vs. Predator is from a comic book, so it might be too much to say they'd never use obscure things from the wealth of material thats already been created.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Very good point. Although it seems they are ignoring the comic concepts for this movie and going back to their routs as I said before. Meaning its like taking each creature from the previous films (not AvP) and putting them into this one.

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

they did say there would be hybrid-S, so if thats really is suppose to be plural it may mean something like praetorians or I wouldn't oppose to something else like facehuggers infecting something else than a human, although I wouldn't want there to be do insane "mantis alien" or "snake alien" or crazy s**t the toy line had.

Just saying it would be a nice treat as long as they don't go overboard.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Snakealiens and Rataliens are pure bullshit, aswell as others like Antaliens, Dragonflyaliens, etc. All just colorful marketing towards younger audiences.

The only ones I don't have a problem with are Predaliens, Dogaliens/any type of Runner, and animals such as apes/monkeys... maybe some larger lizards.

I personelly don't have any problems with a Preatorian aswell for the reasons that it's probably the only non-canon creature in the cycle that could actually fit as being canon, besides a King. Ravagers and Newborns, on the other hand... don't even get me started.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

No no no no NO!

No Praetorians please. They've already gone overboard by making the AVP films which were based on comics, to me, that's a big enough stretch as it is, let alone people wanting all those cross breeds and Praetorians in films....those things ere just created for money marketing purposes and to keep younger fans interested.

Aliens are larger in size to both humans and predators, taking into account the average human male resides at about 5'11" where as the aliens are 8' tall, add onto that there large body mass and of course you will have a hulking beast of a monster, hence, the very accurate still of the xenomorph atop of the car.

Well, it didn`t look like the alien was much bigger than the predator in AvP1, at least to me it didn`t, so i guess that`s where the confusion was from...

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well, to say that Paul Anderson was inaccurate, would be an understatement.

I pat him on the back for Event Horizon, but AVP was a complete trash fest.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Personally I didn't even like Event Horizon, in my opinion AVP was actually his best film...so that's really saying how poor he is as a director.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

hahaha I liked Soldier, can't say no to Kurt Russel kickin ass and uh.. . killing.

tropic, Undefined, 16 years ago

looks like they pretty much nailed the alien design to me.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Event Horizon was alright. AVP is enjoyable aswell, but like I've said many times before, as a movie that's supposed to be both an Alien AND Predator film, I give it a "meh."