Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

I kinda have to agree, my uncle and aunt liked AVP much more than me. Personally the original is always the key to find out if something is wrong with sequals and AVP was teribly wrong but the costumes were realistic it has an avarage of 59.42 in my opinion. The games were also wrong as well, they kinda take out the class and style out from the original movies, making a laughing stock of the Alien and Predator fiasco.

poh.jpg
Predators RULE!

Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

When I played AVP Extinction, I was surprised how different the designs were. And the lifecycle in AVP Extinction is screwed up.

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yes, the Alien Life Cycle in Extinction is screwed up.

Someone said earlier that the Aliens were ment to attack from the shadows, and the Ravager doesn't. Well, I didn't really see the Queen sneaking around on AVP. More like drawing attention on purpose. And Alien2, very slick grabbing onto the bottom of the ship, but that's it.

I like the Ravager, and there is nothing you can say to lower his prestige in my eyes. Being able to clean cut a Marine's head straight off is an awsome power. The Ravager is the perfect guard for the Queen on the game. Stick her in a room to lay eggs, and place three or four Ravagers around her and you're nearly invincible.

His sheer size would make an enormous fear factor if it were in the movies. Imagine a dark yet large room, and all you can see is the sihlouette of a huge monster with huge claws. His head barely lit up, and his claws glisten in what light there is. Now how cool would that be? I personally fear fighting against him as marines on the game.

Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ravagers are very cool. With a good enough plot, a Ravager could be tied into a film. That would be awesome! My favorite design, is the Giger Alien, from the Alien and Aliens film. It is so original, and being the design used in the first movie that started it all, I gotta love that Giger Alien design.

predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

Again Extinction is a game i found a lot of it unbelievable but fun. Stalker, i guess that is true since the comic could be far fetched, I’ve haven’t read an AVP comic in a wile.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Scar face- aliens do attack from the shadows & get their prey by surprise in most instances. In the original Alien for example, did giger's drone ever blunder down a hallway, charging at it's prey like a mindless animal? no it did not. Aliens are cunning creatures that usually like to wait until their prey is vulnerable to attack, then ambush them before they can see it coming.

In AVP the queen didn't have the same menace that made her so great in Aliens. Granted, she looked better in AVP, but she just ran around like a t-rex screeching at everything & tearing apart anything in her way, now don't get me wrong, the AVP queen was kick@$$, but she just didn't have the menace of the Aliens queen. The queen from Aliens was a cunning, menacing beast. For reference, just look at how she figured out how to use the elevator to get to her prey, or how she managed to keep her enormous body concealed until the last moment when she impaled Bishop with her tail. She was a deadly, efficient killing machine.

Honestly, if ever a director was dumb enough to put a ravager in an alien movie, they would be many times more hated by alien fans that Paul Anderson. A ravager in a movie would screw the alien franchise over worse than that d@mn newborn, why can't some people leave a good franchise as it is without adding all that sort of childish rubbish?

stalker.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Couldn't agree more, stalker is my partner in crime on this subject!

Just how would you tie in ravagers into the movie franchise? We al know the xenomorphs general appearance tends to differ slightly depending on the given host used, what creature could the alien feasably empregnate to create such a thing? What ever happened to staying true to the roots? The original giger alien is truly meanacing, watching that movie as a youngster had me terrified, a truly terrifying creation. These new breeds and expansions of the alien universe just make me laugh really, they strip away any originality and make a hash of what most of us find so appealing when looking back to the original design of the creature. I just about managed to keep a straight face when the predalien emerged at the end of AVP, even though that side of things is totally plausable, but i think it's going far too deep into comic book territory......

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

I like what Stalker says, the newborn totally ruined the alien franchise. Not only was it ridiculous it was down right lame, I have friends at school and they too think the new born $ucks just as bad as AVP.

poh.jpg
Predators RULE!

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Again - i totally agree, the newborn was a complete waste. They had room to create something truly terrifying, something to get the fans really excited about, instead, we get a walking pile of mushy spew with puppy dog eyes.

Not impressed.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

Whoah Whoah Whoah! Back up! AVP does not !

Sure it wasn't in the horror genre like the others, but it made a cool action movie.