Some Mistakes in AVP (of coures}

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ok i know most people know how AVP was a big messup but heres a few i realy think are weird

ok one why did the people in that ice cave bring GUNS they just knew they would need iligal wepawns to exsplore a cave and why was Lex telling the people to be SO! CARFUL like she new there would be some type of alien races down there and that girl with the Pistol ok i understand "Id rather have it and not need than need it and not have it" but your exsploring a cave woman you dont need a gun

If you ask me AVP 1 has given a bad name to AVP becuse nobody remembers when Alien and Predator movies were good who was it who made AVP becuse i dont think he knows the first thing about AVP

CuteFaceHuggerJPEG-2.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive
RUNNERS ROCK!

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

One thing that I never understood was when Lex stabbed the queen and all that acid blood poured out, yet only a little bit gets on her coat.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 17 years ago

and how she dogged the queens tail over and over retarded i hated how she was the best killed a queen alien

CuteFaceHuggerJPEG-2.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive
RUNNERS ROCK!

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

true that true that i to hate how she is invcenable

863866_1.jpg

TOAST RULE LOL fear me shadow wather fear

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

Sanaa Lathan (Lex)= hot

Alien queen = only slightly prettier than Anna Nicole Smith

Thus, Lex survives. Hollywood's rule is that the pretty people never die.

deathdrop1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

One thing that makes me feel stupid about how many mistakes AVP had is that people who has just recently heard of Aliens and Predators think that the movie is flawless and very good. BBBZZZZZTT! Those people are wrong. VERY wrong. Yes, AVP had a lot of mistakes. Especially in the scene where Scar was running with Lex, and they were exactly at the same speed, where Scar clearly had a higher mpr rate. But that was excused because the costume was clearly heavy with all that bulk. So go back and ignore everything up to Yes, AVP had a lot of mistakes.

EDIT:

Hahahaha!!! That's sad but true, DD!

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i agree with Bloo alot mistake in movie i still avp i hope avp2 good

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de M-di Hdlak

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

AVP was riddled with ridiculous & cheesy content. The scene near the end when Scar & Lex are running side by side away from the explosion almost looked like something out of Baywatch (there's even a Baywatch-AVP parody, believe it or not). Many little errors & faults also seriously mar the film, such as when Chopper is thrown to the floor after being killed by Grid, if you watch closely, you can actually see his armblades bend as he hits the floor, as they were made of rubber. These are only naming a couple of small faults in the movie, if I actually sat here & typed them all out, it would take 1/2 an hour to read them.

(& DD, bit of an understatement there m8, the queen is a babe compared to Anna Nicole Smith, lol).

thorndesignssig.jpg

Also, did anyone mention, recently, that part with the light coming through the ceiling as Sabastian is about to explain how Scar's clan got their Blooding Ritual location from? Is that a fault to bring in some mood, or is that the light coming from the history flash back? Given those are two different scenes in one?

00Bloo_sig02.png

Well, to answer the question about the weapons, Weyland mentioned that he did not have the only sattelite over antartica, and that claim jumpers (ppl who wanted to steal the find as thiers) might come.

Add that and the fact that Weyland is a bit paranoid (billionairs have to be :) and there's your gun explanation.

0.jpg

That goes to show you that greed CAN kill you, even if you aren't the one with the actual want of something.

00Bloo_sig02.png

I also noticed that when Grid kills Celtic, you see him crush threw the mask, but when you see Celtic's mask again, there's no crack in the mask or even blood.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

I've noticed that too. My god, FOX should think about watching the movie and trying to pay attention for any mistakes before releasing it.

One of the biggest mistakes had to do with the Predalien-Chesburster. It clearly got stabbed and killed by the Queen when it was in Scar, and it still popped up at the end, though it was over-due. Maybe adding more realism and a little less mood for the ending can be it.

I mean, it was very predictable that the chesburster would come out, clearly because it kept a camera view on Scar in practically the same position for a minute. And the way it moved, it was like something was moving it with a stick...

00Bloo_sig02.png

Bloo scar was stab be Queen tail in body of scar so predchestbuters was i think very lucky

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de M-di Hdlak

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

Also I always thought that the aliens acid blood had no effect on the predators armor or weapons, as the metal they used was so advanced and acid resistant. This is how it was in the comics anyway.

The comics? No offense, but please don't get me started on how those have no relation to the movies, which the movies are canon (don't ask me why. Some of the books (NOVELS, not comics) are said to be canon, too).

The comics are there just for fun and to venture down into what numerous people think of the two species. But if you like the comics, I suggest looking at Kill's (now named KSwitcher, not to be confused with the other guy, Switcher) timeline binding the comics and movies.

00Bloo_sig02.png

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

AvP wasn't well thought out, I didnt really like it, only reason I did is because it was AvP.

I could make a list of what was a flaw in the show, and it would be most of the show. but I dont have time right now o_0.

MeNewGifSig.gif

What about the fact that Lex and Scar out ran an explosion. That makles absolutly no sense. Sure, both the original Predator and Predator 2 had the hero run away from an explosion, but they never out ran it.

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

-(Bloo)-, some of the alien and predator comics may have no relation to the movies but there is some that do.
For example the name on the gun at the end of Predator 2 ( Raphael Adolini 1715 )was taken from the comic. Where in 1718, " the Captain of the small band of pirates suddenly faced mutiny over a stolen case of gold which was destined for a church. The Captain wanted the gold returned, much to the anger of his crew who turned against him. In the following battle, a watching Predator joined the fray and fought back-to-back with the Captain - attacking the rebellious crew with an extendable sword.
In the climactic scene, with the crew dead and the Predator and Captain about to battle mano a mano, the Captain is suddenly shot in the back by the last member of his crew, who was in hiding. Denied his trophy, the Predator angrily blasts the final crewman to hell. With his dying breath, the Captain whispers 'take it...' to the Predator, throwing him his beautifully engraved pistol. With the Captain dead, the Predator takes a moment to think about this battle - and with some curious respect, leaves the dead Captain his extendable sword... 'Take it.'" The captain was a pirate whos name was Raphael Adolini.
This is just how one of the comics relates to the movies.

Alienation, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, since the movie had a lot of flaws, did you think that the trailer made sense? I thought the trailer made sense where Lex said " we're in the middle of a war", then it showed the 3 predators fighting the thousands of aliens. But when I saw the movie, it was about a flashback for the predators fighting thousands of aliens. So I say the trailer would be better if they changed the things around, including the director(of course).

Alienation-sig.jpg

I am the Warrior alien of the Hive

Exactly. They tried to play it off as some huge war between 2 of the fiercest science fiction creatures of all time, and what did we get? 3 Predators (2 of which die early on) and like 10 or 15 aliens. The thing was completely hype.