Ripleys Report

Engage, Undefined, 18 years ago

Saw this over at the aliens legacy forum, thought you guys might enjoy it:

"BEGIN RECORDING: May 23 2179

REPORT: Events surrounding destruction of USCSS Nostromo (180286), as told by Warrant Officer Ripley, E. (second officer).

Date: June 3, 2122 0523hrs:
While returning to Earth from Thedus with 20 000 000 tons of mineral ore, the crew and I were awakened from hypersleep by an automatic response from Mother; the onboard mainframe. After a routine systems check, it was determined that we were 10 months from our final destination of Earth. Mother had discovered a distress beacon coming from an uncharted planetoid in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system (designated as LV 426). Standing orders dictated that any existence of extraterrestrial life must be investigated by crew under penalty of forfeit of shares.

1648hrs:
The Nostromo was detached from the cargo platform for landing on LV 426. During the landing several ship systems were damaged requiring multiple hours of repair by engineers Parker and Brett. My personal findings were that the engineering crew was taking their time with the repairs.

The distress beacon was pinpointed at a location approximately 2000 meters from the ship. Captain Dallas, first officer Kane and navigator Lambert formed a search party to investigate on foot. The atmosphere was determined to be unbreathable so environment suits were used.

1840hrs:
I began to research the distress signal. After an hour, I discovered the signal was not an SOS, but may in fact have been a warning. I suggested informing the search party, but it was dismissed by science officer Ash.

2126hrs:
The search party returned to the ship. I was informed by Captain Dallas that an organism onown origin had attached itself to first officer Kane’s face. I invoked the quarantine regulation however the crew was allowed access to the ship by science officer Ash in a direct violation of my command.

2141hrs:
Science officer Ash and Captain Dallas examined first officer Kane in the infirmary. It was determined that the organism had inserted some type of tube down his throat, and was keeping him alive, albeit in a comatose state. Science officer Ash first attempted to remove the organism with surgical tongs, but discovered the organism had adhered itself to Kane’s face- it would not come off without damaging Kane’s scalp. A second attempt was made to cut the organism off with a laser scalpel; however the organism “bled†a concentrated acid that ate through three decks of the ship before stopping. Ash continued to collate information on the alien lifeform while repairs to the ship continued.

June 4, 2122 0138hrs:
Science officer Ash summoned Captain Dallas and I to the infirmary to examine Kane, whereupon we observed the lifeform had detached itself from Kane’s face and died. I advised that we dispose of it immediately, however Captain Dallas granted science officer Ash’s request to return the organism to Earth for further Company research. Having not completed all repairs, and against my recommendations, Captain Dallas ordered the ship to liftoff and return to the cargo platform.

0344hrs:
While the crew discussed what course of action to take regarding Kane, Ash once again summoned us to the infirmary. Kane had recovered from his coma and appeared to be suffering from dehydration. He could not remember any events on the planet, and only recalled a nightmare he described as “smotheringâ€Â. After informing Kane that we were returning to our hypersleep chambers, he requested that we eat one last meal.

0407hrs:
The crew was beginning to eat dinner, when Kane appeared to be choking on his food. He began convulsing, throwing himself onto the table. We attempted to hold Kane down when his chest began to bulge. A small snake-like creature burst through his chest, killing him. The creature stared at us briefly, and then fled, disappearing into the cargo hold.

0939hrs:
We gave Kane a burial in space. Captain Dallas had us divide into two search parties to look for the alien lifeform. Engineer Brett had devised some makeshift weapons such as an electric “cattle prodâ€Â, while Science officer Ash created a tracking device. I was grouped with engineers Brett and Parker to search the cargo hold.

1025hrs:
We picked up movement on the tracking device which eventually turned out to be the ship’s cat: Jones. Brett separated from us to capture the cat so it would not show up on the tracker again. Minutes later we heard screams coming from the mineral silo. As Parker and I ran into the silo, we caught a glimpse of the creature. It had grown to enormous proportions within a matter of hours, possibly standing 6 to 8 feet tall. It had carried Brett into one of the airshafts at the top of the silo and disappeared from sight.

1140hrs:
Captain Dallas determined that our next course of action would be to coral the creature into the main airlock via the airshaft system, and then blow it out into space. Since the creature was using the airshafts to navigate the ship, Captain Dallas volunteered to enter the airshaft system with an incinerator unit, in order to drive it toward the main airlock.

1249hrs:
Captain Dallas entered the first junction airduct. Parker and Lambert remained by the airshaft’s maintenance entrance with the tracking device to guide Dallas to the alien. I remained by the main airlock with science officer Ash to eject the alien.

1355hrs:
Captain Dallas arrived at the third junction, whereupon he was asked to hold his position by navigator Lambert: she had lost the signal of the alien and needed Dallas to remain still while she recalculated the position of the alien.

1359hrs:
The alien appeared suddenly on the tracking device, moving directly toward Captain Dallas. Navigator Lambert tried to direct Dallas away from it, but he turned the wrong way and was captured by the alien.

1431hrs:
Engineer Parker returned to our briefing room with Captain Dallas’ incinerator unit, and said that he found it at the third junction with no sign of blood or a struggle. Now having direct command of the ship, I instructed the crew that we would continue with Captain Dallas’ plan to eject the alien through the main airlock. Navigator Lambert suggested abandoning the ship; however I informed her that the escape shuttle was not capable of taking four passengers (a design flaw which I plan to discuss with the ICC next month).

1455hrs:
Now having access to Mother’s restricted sections, it was at this time that I discovered the true nature of our detour to LV 426: Science officer Ash had received direct orders from Weyland-Yutani to return the alien lifeform to Earth at all costs. The ship, cargo, and entire crew were considered secondary and expendable. Ash had been protecting the alien the entire time. Shortly after learning this information I was attacked by science officer Ash, attempting to protect this information from the rest of the crew. Engineer Parker intervened, disabling Ash, and in doing so revealed that Ash was in fact an android.

1517hrs:
We reconnected Ash’s speech systems in order to try and gain any information it may have had on how to kill the alien. Ash was unhelpful so we rendered it inoperative.

1520hrs:
We decided to detonate the ship’s engines, and leave in the escape shuttle.
I instructed Parker and Lambert to collect coolant while I readied the shuttle for launch. We left the internal communication system open to easily contact each other.

1527hrs:
Over the com system, I heard what appeared to be Parker and Lambert in trouble: Parker kept yelling for Lambert to “get out of the wayâ€Â. I proceeded to the storage lockers, whereupon I found Parker and Lambert’s bodies; they had been killed by the alien.

1533hrs:
Attempting to avoid the alien, I proceeded down to D deck. At this time I discovered a “hive†that the alien had created, and the remains of Captain Dallas and engineer Brett. They had been transformed into some kind of alien eggs similar to what first officer Kane described on LV 426.

1539hrs:
I initiated the ship’s self-destruct system and proceeded to the escape shuttle, however my path had been blocked by the alien.

1544hrs:
I attempted to abort the self-destruct sequence, but I was too late. I proceeded to the escape shuttle; there was no sign of the alien, so I boarded and prepared for emergency launch.

1549hrs:
The Nostromo self-destructed. I began preparing to enter the hypersleep chamber for the return trip to Earth. I believed I had killed the alien when the Nostromo exploded, however it had boarded the escape shuttle before me. I put on an environment suit, and opened the shuttle’s main door in an attempt to blast it into space. The alien held onto the doorframe, so I shot it with a grappling hook, and closed the door. The alien attempted to re-enter the shuttle through one of its engines, so I ignited the main engines, killing the alien.

1610hrs:
I recorded my final log of the Nostromo’s last mission, and entered the hypersleep chamber.

Notes:
Before being attacked, first officer Kane described the derelict as having a cargo chamber with thousands of eggs.

The alien in its adult form stands approximately 7 to 8 feet tall. It is bipedal, with two arms, and a large, oblong head. It has an insect-like exoskeleton. Its main weapon is an inner jaw that extends and can penetrate bone material. Its other weapons include claws and a long spiked tail.

Both alien forms appeared to require no nutritional needs, and easily adapted to foreign atmospheres.

END REPORT"

cutm3up, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah, it tell the enitre legacy of the first alien film

nice

davii-sig1-1.jpg
your cries are in vain, look around you, theyre laughing, at YOU... what will you do? fight to the death, and to the death you will go

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

No problem.

deathdrop1.jpg

thanks , you DD ... sorry about that before i deleted all of it

my apoligies drenton , il fix that up

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

Cool find:)

deathdrop1.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

He's just saying that he saw it too. BTW, I know this is a minor niggle-a-ma-bob, but could you change "Riplay" to "Ripley". It's just a small thing, and I think I'm the only one who twitches that the look of an a replacing an e in Ripely.

Drenton.jpg

Huh , what ?