PredAlien Reproduction

OTANG, Yautja, 16 years ago

Xenos *should* reproduce in their own unique way, human host or not. The Predalien reproducing in the way it did is rather shocking in many ways. Empregnating the female the way it did doesn't seem canon, and the how could the Predalien do so, its not a Queen. This film seems to have succeeded in that it not only ties some loose ends down, it creates other ones too, which is kinda cool. What is your take on this new method of Xeno reproduction?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I actually like it because it gives the Predalien's mandibles a use. I always thought it would be cool for a Predalien to use them in that way of wrapping them around someone's head.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Didn't the bros say it was a queen? I'm positive they said it was a queen.

Nitras, Yautja, 16 years ago

but queens are big..... there i go being ignorant again actually ive always been use to the idea if them being huge but they dont have to be neccesarly if the hybrid was a queen which would sprout out or make me question the whole idea of it well anyways back to the topic if it was that would be an example of when a queen alien didnt have to be big oh and ripley with alien dna but i think that she was more than a queen she was more like a mother. also it has nothing to do with this topic nothing to do but i think of queens obsolete if it wasnt for the fact that they could produce the eggs they would be obsolete thats the only reason the aliens protect it so much because it could produce the eggs but she is not no mother unlike ripley enhanced with alien dna

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm thinking it was all for show... because one, Queens don't gather attributes from their host, and two, the Facehugger that impregnated Scar was a regular type, not a Superfacehugger.

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

@Deathwraith: Ya its a "young queen".

Bloo, did you forget thats how Predator reproduce? That trait was taking in from Scar by the Predalien.

shadowatching, Yautja, 16 years ago

So, the male pred, would force its eggs down the female's gullet?! that seems far fetched.Because, if that's the case, then why do they wear a loin cloth and not just a chest plating Oo?

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

If the predalien got this from Scar then the other aliens should have human reproductive organs. I thought it was stupid that the predalien just happens to not need a queen when there isn't one around.

Does it matter why they where a something around their loin area? And no, I don't think they lay the embreyos into any other Predator. From what I hear, the Strause brothers got the right or ok for that method.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

okay, well i havent seen Requiem but if the predalien isn't supposed to be a queen(which like bloo said Scar wasn't hugged by a superfacehugger), and impregnates the host with a "non-queen" embryo then i dont really like the idea.

I dont like the idea of a predalien reproducing in that way anyway, but only because it is said that it took the trait from Predators.

Well, exactly what Predator428 said.

Well since there's no Queen, doesn't it make sense?

I guess... Maybe I should be happy since this could've gone a lot worse.

Well if the embryo that the Predalien produced in a host was not a queen embryo then it doesnt make sense(atleast i think it doesnt)

Because as far as i knew the alien would make a superfacehugger carrying egg in the absence of a queen. I dont remember if that egg carried a queen and normal facehugger but even if it did the predalien didnt make an egg did it? so there was(supposed to be) no queen...

The Predalien is a young Queen so it does make sense. I know it wasn't a superfacehugger that got Scar or didn't appear to be one but who cares, right? We have imaginations. lol However it works, I'm fine with it. I would've prefered a normal Predalien with another way of reproducing but this is fine. Besides, I love the raw grittiness of how the Predalien lays embreyos in the babys and the pregnent woman at the hostibital.

hyroglphsarenice, Yautja, 16 years ago

I find it to be a wretched idea, and i personally find it to be the single worst thing about the movie, being that it makes no sense with all the other canon info we already know, as well as totally breaking the purpose of a facehugger. as for the cannon info, we already know that in the absence of a queen a drone alien, can inject metamorphisizing genes into a host to turn them into a imperial egg, to create a queen (ala ALIEN). meaning that there would always be eggs to use.

so in truth i find it to be a mockery, since it completely defeats the purpose of my favorite part of the alien life cycle, in all truth i find this to be the new "newborn".

also shoving a tube down someones throat will always be that of a facehuggers, sorry hybrid you lose

OTANG, Yautja, 16 years ago

Haha Hyro.
There was some good points brought up. Maybe it was a young queen, maybe it did spontaneously turn into one somehow. It doesn't seem out-right wrong to do so according to books.

loose ends always keep a conversation going.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

First off, I'd like to say that it was really kool, I love it when kids/women/pregnant women are harmed in movies cause it means that the director is willing to cross some uncomfortable lines, which I think is pretty kool, but since the throat has no direct connection to the uterus, her insides would have been quite shredded by the time they got down there and she'd have been pretty much too dead lol to say anything. But hey, it forced shit down a pregnant womans throat then they ripped through her, that is some violent innuendo laced shit, props to those special effects jerks now directors. Not bad for their first "real" directing job.

Cystic, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ok i know we are all debating o this process. Thats what they want isnt it. You know they probably sat down and said "how are we gonna surprise the people who already know everything." They created this process so that peoplelike US would not know everything. Now comic books and games are gonna honor the predalien process of reproducing. So they have in a way established they're legacy, which is what they intended in inventing this process. So I am just going to imply ignore it. Like Hyro said this new system is very raw but it .....just....isnt like the classic aliens i know. SO What we may know everything but filmmakers should be good enough to surprise us anyway. I am just going to ignore this new process.