Champ, Undefined, 15 years ago

well, watever. I ahvent seen the movie for a year. You get the point

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

It was actually a dog, since in the released version it was a dog, and it makes more sense to be a dog since the alien was so dog-like.

Xenomorphbane, Undefined, 15 years ago

thanks for understanding death.

i've only seen every predator and alien movies and both AvP movies. and i've read only a couple of the AvP comics. so i can't say im a hardcore nerd about the AvP universe.

then you've read two comics more than me... but comics aren't canon, only movies are canon here, because comics can contradict eachother, just like AvP2 contradicts Alien 3 about the superfacehugger thing... Alien 3, right?

well, still in the AvP movies they don't explain how or why anything happens, they just show it happen. and i haven't really gone online for any of this stuff. so how the hell am i supposed to know?

but anyway, yea. thanks for explaining.

one other thing:

what was the purpose of the alien runner in a hive?
i didn't know exactly what it was called (other than alien-dog from alien3)

so what is it's role in a nest/hive?

Champ, Undefined, 15 years ago

I would not know that one aye, but I think what the whole Alien 3 idea was that the makers just wanted to explain to the audience that different aliens r born when they attach themselves to other animals/humans. My theory is that the Alien Drones r created from Male Humans, while the Warrier Aliens r created from Women.

Thats my theory anyways...

Well, AvPR tried to explain the difference between how alien drones are made and how alien warriors are made through the use of a different colouring for the facehuggers. I know the movie was dark like hell, but you can notice at times that the facehuggers are different. Of course i preffer the theory that warriors are just the next stage of evolution after drone, and that drones become warriors eventually or only in some cases, like when the hive population is numerous, like grasshoppers become locusts when they are too many with too little food. But this is all just up for speculation, which is why aliens are so fun.

Now about the purpose of the runner in a hive, the runner is just a simple drone, only it came out of a dog or whatever other animal woul give it the same characteristics as a dog would, just as a predalien is a drone that came out of a Predator. It has the same purpose of defending the Queen or making one if there is none.

x_saysell, Undefined, 15 years ago

A runner is much like a sentery within the hive, like in an ant hive they're ants that are not quite warriors or drones. They stay on the outer perimeter of the hive as an alert system. The runner in the alien franchise works in a similar way.

Yet all we've seen it do in the movies was kill people just like a regular drone would. It also makes sense to be just another drone, because somehow i don't think the aliens have had a supply of dogs whever they made a hive. As far as we know, the runner in Alien 3 was the first of it's kind.

oh, ok.

i thought that the reason why the alien warriors were born different was because of just different genetic material in the host. like in regular human birth, not everyone is born the same because of genes. so maybe when the embryo is placed in the host, the embryo takes on some of the hosts genetic properties, coming out either warrior, drone, runner, or queen. ....maybe that's why ripley had an alien queen, because ripley was so strong willed and stuff, that the embryo took on those genetic properties of her, causing it to become a queen.

plus that would also explain why the runner came out different. dogs have different genes from hmans (obviously) so it took on the genes from the dogs.

that could also support the theory of warriors coming out of women, and drones coming out of men.

just a thought..........

Well we know, i mean it's obvious that they take traits from the host, but Ripley had a queen inside her because she was impregnated by a Superfacehugger

http://binarybonsai.com/sitesdir/aliens/images/a3cutpics5big.jpg

and i don't remember if the egg is layed by the Queen or by a drone when the Queen is dead. Anyway, this facehugger supposedly carries two embryos, one of a Queen and one of a drone.

And the theory about warriors coming out of women is not very good because women are as much humans as men are and plus, in Aliens there were a lot of Warriors and they hadn't all come out of only women, because that was not a lesbian colony.

x_saysell, Undefined, 15 years ago

Would of been great if it was though.

Rumino, Undefined, 15 years ago

wait i thought the any type of xenomorph was based on the facehugger and the DNA of the human

alien-drone, Undefined, 15 years ago

me to

Do you even read the comments you agree with?