Pre- RPG idea ( i just thaught of this) Site "shop"

solo_pred, Undefined, 16 years ago

well i was thinking that before an RPG the characters could "buy" their wepons and acsessories. And Each Character Has a limit of money they could spend (everyone has the same amount). Things in the shop could be diffrant types of firearms first aid kits ammo, pred wepons extra nets and spears, Medi-comps stuff like that though im not sure what Xeno's would buy...

but its just my idea and someone could perfect it.

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

That's interesting idea, but there are some problems with that.
1) Problem with someone coming up with a system to keep track of money and gear.
2) All the gear is already available free of charge as long as its deemed available to that species as outlined in the rules. No need to buy items.

Yeah i agree with what your sayin' otang i thought mabey it would be a unique intresting idea. Some things you could do was have like a ricpt thing on peoples profiles but with the members the site has it would be hard to keep track, though not all members will be in the RPG.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

But that would eventually create a corrupt community, filled with greed and unfair sovereignty to high leveled players. An example is that one Predator in Hunter's Moon can have a special weapon upgrade that a Predator in Balatu may not have, and when they eventually fight, that HM Predator can have an unfair advantage because the Balatu Predator isn't at his full potential.

See where am I'm going with this?

Ya i see where your going with that Bloo, And now im seeing the difficulty with my idea, but thats just it an idea no one has to use it i was just wonderin what people think and in my discription of my idea everyone has the same amount of money it dosent matter about their rank so if you want you coul cast aside the "non special wepons" or Less strong wepons or whatever and buy the "stronger wepo0ns. but as i said before you do have a point.

Malus-Darkblade, Undefined, 16 years ago

Instead of cash, why nt simply use the points? The more points you have, the more gear is available to you. You could use a system almost exactly like the 'assing points to a skill' system.

Alienation, Undefined, 16 years ago

i guess that we could spend our points on those upgrades and we can regain them the regular way we do right now. But we need to figure how to do that because there could be hackers and gain points somehow to spend on. I do not know if this would be approved though

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Using our ranking points? No. Wouldn't that change our actual rank too? Because our rank is basically our RPG level. The member level is a different matter.

Malus-Darkblade, Undefined, 16 years ago

You wouldn't lose your rank points as you spend them. Do you lose points when you put them onto a skill?