My "Predators" review

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

my review of "Predators" is now up on my blog.

http://thiscomplicatesthings.blogspot.com/2010/07/predators-or-how-80s-action-returned.html

Take a look though is spoiler full.

black_warrior, Yautja, 13 years ago

I haven't seen it yet, but i want to. I just wanted to see if you thought it was good before I walk into a potential piece of crap.

Anyway, you seemed to have given it a good review.

"On a side note that scene in the trailer where 20 lasers are on Royce NEVER HAPPENS."- THAT, kinda sucks, i wanted to see that....

Well. I guess ill be off to go see it soon.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Damnit, still thats not stopping me for going to see it tongiht. I'll read your blog review after the movie mate.

Just got back, fucking amazing movie.

shadowatching, Yautja, 13 years ago

I loved how they used the old music in this one, now that was good. Glad that topher died, i hated him such a douche. other then that, still got questions that need answered and still wondered a few things. But over all good

Having the same music was such a great move. Loved it. Thinking of going to for a second screening later this week.

shadowatching, Yautja, 13 years ago

That was my second screening. I may go for a third, but....I am going to wait for a couple of friends to join me too.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

I really liked it. It had some issues, to be sure, but it blew both AvP movies completely out of the water. In fact, I'd say it was the best Predator movie since the first one.

Now if we could just get Aliens rebooted, we'll be in good shape.

Champ, Yautja, 13 years ago

the movie was good, but not great in my opinion. I feel like it was left 'untouched', alot of things were left un-explained. Like we had to figure out the predators took the humans off earth and then figure out where they came from. It would've been better if we saw the humans doing there own thing, then get abducted and taken to the predator planet. (I guess like the movie 'The Condemned'). And also the other aliens that were on the planet, were they part of the same deal as the humans were? or wat?

Let us kno wat u think

Awesome movie, like you said DD it made up for what the avp movies did to the predators. Planning on seeing it again myself, there were a bunch of things I missed.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

I was half impressed, half disappointed with this movie. There were some bad lines in it and some really annoying mood spoiling moments. But it was good. It was original, it was interesting, it was intense. Predator 1 and Predator 2 are very different movies and this one didn't try to be either of them. It was in its own right a Predator 3. So far, from how i've seen it, i'd give it an 8.9 out of 10.

Also, Champ, i hope you never get to make a movie.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 13 years ago

I thought the movie was fantastic. I don't see how most fans could complain about it.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

^ I think most fans would agree with you. There hasn't been that much complaining (by the standards of internet fandom, anyway).

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

I haven't seen the movie yet but I want to see it so bad.

Champ, Yautja, 13 years ago

well maybe it might of been the company i was with, but me misses didn't really like it so i guess it might of been her that made it worse i guess. Might go and see it again tomoro with me mates and see if its better.

Also, i aint exactly in the position of making a god dam movie...

DarkSerpentine, Yautja, 13 years ago

This movie is worth the money I paid for the tickets, and the snacks we bought fo the movie. I LOVED it! Two thumbs way up!

ryanwethy, Yautja, 13 years ago

I thought the movie was pretty good. The main disapointment for me was that they mention some predator war but they never actually explain it. Guess we're going to have to wait for another movie to explain that.

theres been a few comments made by reviewers about the want of more explanation of the predator blood fued. personally i dont think they really could have without making some stupid plot hole.

ryanwethy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Very good point.

I just want to point out to all the die hard predator fans here, that when Predator first came out in 1987 it was reviewed as an 'okay' movie by most. It was by no means like alien where you had hundreds of people waiting in lines to see it.

However as predator aged it gain more and more fans over the years, and I'm thinking Predators is going to follow down that same path.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Predator was a good action movie. Alien was a good horror movie. Good action movies aren't that hard to find, but good horror movies are rare. The fact of the matter is that both of these creatures are a huge part of why these movies were so good and it's them that managed to make the two movies so popular. What they were about and how they behaved was why the two creatures were so awesome. Predator 2 was also great because it offered a new view on the Yautja creature. AvP was stupid, and AvPR is pretty boring. Many of the things that happened in those two had been done before. Almost everything about this movie was new. And in this movie, the Predator is awesome again. The duel with the Yakuza guy is definitely my favourite part. I love how they are made to look almost savage throughout the whole movie, but you are still constantly reminded that they are those same honorable hunters who prefer a fair fight to an easy kill.