Is the research on the temple in the movie based on real histori

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

Does anyone know if all of the stuff they got on the temple like the mayan, celtic and (start's with B lol) or whatever were actual religious facts (researched) or did they just make it up for the movie?
I know the metric clock is a mayan and incan fact, but I don't know about the rest.

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

Lol, nah thanks hicks and doc, I like the feed back.
I personally study a lot of myth's legends and history and what not so I was curious if there was proprer research done to back the movie.

-Semper Fi-

That's my mate pete, and if there's anyone here that knows anyhting about anything when it comes to mayans and aztecs it's him.
He's done his research.

-Semper Fi-

Mystic_Ferryman, Undefined, 18 years ago

The design of the temples might have some artistic resemblance to some of the old Maya/Aztec temples. However, the inside where the movie is shot is totally fiction.

And Hicks man, u got no idea what you're on about. In both Maya and Aztec beliefs, there are 9 Hells and 13 Heavens.

Nothing in the movie directly relates to any beliefs of these cultures unless it's a very exaggerated metaphor that could barely be understood by anyone.

Mystic_Ferryman, Undefined, 18 years ago

-Salutes-

the only thing in the AVP movie about the old cultures that I liked was simply the fact that they included them in the story as far as the origins of man are concerned.

-salutes aye this is true-
but it's interesting how they approached it, with the yautja (preds) as the gods of civilizations.

¢¼ -Semper Fi- ¢¼

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

ok the design for the temple was taken from myans aztec and other civilisations so the designs r based on fact

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

Depends. Mayas sacrificed the most, the temple was shaped like a wierd twist of Egypt and Aztec, so actually, yes. But, they screwed up the gods a LOT. In the Aztec religon there are 7 heavans and, I think, 3-5 hells. Now in Mayan there is one heavan, one hell. And in Egypt it's called the afterlife and underworld. Ok, I'm done. I'm sorry you had to read all that.

Fear. Fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear go over me and when I do only I will remain. Fear is the mind killer.