Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

when the alien was in the ladder of alien4 and shot acid y din't it keep shooting?well if u say cause its glan.i think it use's its blood.well in the game avp extintion.the drone's could spit alot of acid.thats made up in the game,i think.

hey what do aliens eat when there's no body?maybe the node or eggs.

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

The biggest drone knew that the liquid nitrogen would feel pain and so s/he probably decided to kill the tiny fella because the acid which is spat from its mouth isn't as potent as its actual blood and spitting would buy Gediman more time.

nickalien6vz.jpg
cs2-bar.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

funny they always pick on the little guy...anyways instead of killing the alien for acid on the floor y could't they all spit at the window over and over and hit the man way be for he can press that button.i know that the acid isn't strong enught but would there be a chance? y din't the alien in avp spit acid and the one from alien4 did.is it cause off there color?

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 18 years ago

yes if a alien spits to much acid it would die but i wonder why the other aliens on the other movies didnt spit acid mabey the alien was hurt and had blood in its mouth as it is and just lanched it and it happend to hit the guy in the face

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive

SHREDDERRR, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah nick's got a good point

what do you get with a toxin that re-animates dead bodies and a dead xenomorph

....ME!alienglomp.gif

god_of_blades, Undefined, 18 years ago

I rockon they use thier blood. And thir blood replenishes just like we do.

Death, Blood and Deacay these are the main ingredients for WAR.........

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i was wondering when avp2 comes out do u think thier would a an alien spiting acid?another question in a rpg can a alien spit acid?

DiscsSig.gif

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Okay I'm going to try to answer this as quickly and logically as possible.

Aliens would HAVE to have gland to store this "spitting acid" in because of one very simple, basic fact: they do not have cheeks.

Their mouths are filled with gaps and spaces on the sides of their heads, and this makes a vacancy through which air can escape. Therefore, they cannot develop the force necessary to fire a large quantity of fluid from their mouths because they would not be able to maintain the necessary pressure.

They also would be unable to fire any fluid from their secondary mouths because they are simply too small to generate the quantity of acidic spittle which can be seen in Alien 3 and Resurrection.

Also this "acid spit" is most likely just that: a highly acidic enzyme or chemical. It is NOT the same as their blood because if it was we would see the same consistency and properties, which we obviously do not. In fact, if I recall correctly, their acidic spittle isn't even the same coloration, which further hints that it is a different chemical entirely.

Additionally, it is extremely pointless to possess any sort of offensive capability which directly saps off of an organism's circulatory system. There is simply no evolutionary benefit when a xenomorph can just as easily cut itself and catch up to its prey.

Therefore, it is reasonable to speculate that the acidic "spit" is generated in glands within the xenomorph's head, and does not draw off of its circulatory system. It is most likely not the same chemical at all.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

thx for the info crow. :) but any idea's how many time it needs to generated to spit again.cause if the alien body works the way u say it does,how many times can it spit,i been thinking the alien use it once in the movies so it must had been a spit by luck.if aliens could spit than y don't they continue?

DiscsSig.gif

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, as I have said, the fluid isn't exactly spat from their mouths. It may be spittle, perhaps, but it is definitely fired from a gland, which means that the xenomorph must wait for the fluid / chemical to replenish, which in turn takes time. Once they run out / use it, they have to wait for more to be produced and stored. How long this takes, however, is undetermined.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone