Did you ever believe in the concept of AVP?

TDN, Human, 13 years ago

As I'm sure you all know by now, the AVP movies aren't exactly what we would've called quality cinema. In fact, most would call it painful. Even those who enjoyed them know that they're not that great.

So my question is, have you ever believed that this concept of combining the 2 creatures was a good idea? Do you still believe in it now even after these 2 movies? Do you believe a good movie might come out of it?

Personally, I think there's potential in the concept. But because of it's nature as a monster mash-up, where most come to simply watch them fight, it's not going to have the depth of the standalone films. But they could've been alot more enjoyable than the movies we're given.

DeathWraith, Human, 13 years ago

The concept was created by people for people to manipulate it. The question is not whether you believe in the concept, but whether you believe that it is possible for the right people to get together and turn this concept into a great movie. Of course i think it's possible, i just don't think it will ever happen.

the_doctor, Human, 13 years ago

Possible? of course. Likey to happen? no.

Shadowwall, Human, 13 years ago

I believe !

dunno possible

cleticyautja, Human, 13 years ago

if they could get decent actors and directors the it could be possible.

Mebber, Human, 13 years ago

The concept is great, for games, because it provides a lot of fun. About the movies... ah. I've got to agree with the other ones: Is it possible to make a good movie within the avp franchise? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Deathdrop, Human, 13 years ago

It sounded awesome when I was 14.

mr_loco, Human, 13 years ago

I believed and still believe. Were they epic oscar material? No! Were they entertaining brainless fun, IMO yes and I would like to see more.. I've been a fan of the comics since the first one came out in 1990 and I was 9 years old and to this day it is still my favorite comic series. Even though I really enjoyed the movies, I can understand where a lot of people who didn't like them are coming from. They weren't what we expected and could've been done much better, specially if they followed the original story from the first comic series with Machiko in it, or if someone like James Cameron would've made them, but he didn't, someone else did and rather you like it or not the first AVP movie actually brought in more money than any other Alien or Predator movie before that...
But yeah anyway I believed in it and I still do, I just hope that next time if they ever think about making a new AVP movie that they do it in a way more fans will be satisfied....
Hey maybe even Mc G could do it, he did a great job on Terminator Salvation, which I never believed he would do, but man was I wrong...

"the first AVP movie actually brought in more money than any other Alien or Predator movie before that..."

That's because even 11 year olds went to see it. It was entertaining the first time... But there are such ridiculous mistakes...

the_doctor, Human, 13 years ago

"the first AVP movie actually brought in more money than any other Alien or Predator movie before that..."

with or without inflation?

mr_loco, Human, 13 years ago

Yeah that's probably true Death Wraith, but I saw Predator 2 when it came out in theaters and I was only 9 years old, I went with my uncle though, but either way, some kids will always get to see these movies if there PG, PG-13 or R, some parents are still gonna let their kids watch 'em..

and the Doctor, here's a paste from Wikipedia
"Box office
Alien vs. Predator was released in North America on August 13, 2004, in 3,395 theaters. The film grossed $38.2 million over its opening weekend for an average of $11,278 per theater, and was number one at the box office. The film spent 16 weeks in cinemas and made $80,281,096 in North America.[24] It grossed $9 million in the United Kingdom, $16 million in Japan, and $8 million in Germany, for an international total of $92,262,423. This brought the film's total gross to $172,543,519, making it the highest grossing film in the Predator and Alien franchises (excluding the effect of inflation), although Aliens earned more in the domestic box office. Alien vs. Predator was the 33rd highest grossing film of 2004.[25]"

cleticyautja, Human, 13 years ago

wikipedia can be changed with ease but i cant find a better source of information than that?

wht would actualy be a good plot line for and avp film?

Deathdrop, Human, 13 years ago

"Excluding the effect of inflation"

^ It says it right there. The PG-13 rating made it a lot easier for kids to see it, which also helped.

Wow. 33rd. Real masterpiece. Does anyone here know 32 other movies that came out that year? But anyway, that's still just box offce. That just shows ow many sheep came to eat the grass. How many spat the grass back out is more important. I swallowed it. But i wouldn't eat it again.

Hunter_Predator, Human, 13 years ago

I think the films were OK, there were parts I couldnt stand, but also parts I loved, but I ALWAYS thought AvP was an excellent idea and have always loved it. We will be satisfied.

Leandros33, Human, 13 years ago

I feel the same way bout the box office, that crap is always pissing me off. it proves nothing, now suck it.

magic03, Human, 13 years ago

I'm a bot.

Shadowwall, Human, 13 years ago

-_- whats with this guy

AmerthystBlades, Human, 13 years ago

O.o

I read the rating warning on my AVP DVD and it says you gore, horror, language, violence but what's makeing me laugh is that last rating. Slime! I mean come on what is so terrible about slime! It's frigging slime! Although some people complain about stuff is movies but the people complaining or such hypocrites these are the people who say Alien and Predator movies are so violent but then during hallowen they let their kids dress up as Jason and Freddy Kruger. So I mean really what's the whole point?

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Human, 13 years ago

I want to habeeb.

I agree with "if it has a perpose or not it was a very movie/game anyway y bother...."

I don't know what it means, but it sounds like an educated opinion.