daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

hmmm, i thought the ending was one of the worst parts. anyhow, some parts were ok, but the fight scenes were sooooo short, by the time they started, they were over again, in addition to that, the fight with grid and celtic pred - you can hardly see whats going on because it appears the camera man is having a fit and shaking the camera around everywhere. that really p!ssed me off.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

the fight scenes were short, but the fight between lex the pred, and the queen, to me was amazing. second only to ripley fighting the queen.

Here... Take it!

Iseijin, Undefined, 19 years ago

I think Daveberg is right in many aspects, the movie was a complete letdown (way to kill two birds with one stone) but if anything positive did come out of it is that fans finally got to see on screen their favorite monsters duke it out. While not as grandiose as it could have been, it did answer the question of "what if". It's just that nobody gave a rat's rear end about the actors or the plot, I, like many, spent our money to see Aliens and Predators fight. It could have been a cheesy 'Gladiator' setting for all I cared but just seeing them both on the same screen lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.

But please, if anyone is going to direct a movie for the fans, listen to them, they know what they want and how they want it. Anything else is a risk and a disappointment.

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

alienhunter, Undefined, 19 years ago

hi guys the hunters here

alienhunter.jpg
shadowseekers

donut, Undefined, 19 years ago

I wish they had the made the aliens look more real, in the movie aliens they moved smoother and had a more fearful touch, in AVP you could TELL they were animated and sorta y...

~Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning~
DONUTSIG.jpg

actually - in AVP, hardly any of the alien effects were done in CGI, most were a full size mechanical model or a man in a suit.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

killer45, Undefined, 19 years ago

HEY I have to agree with dave the movie was just thrown to gether at the end, but it did have you thinking if there is going to be a second one.

I rule the dead

bug-hunt, Undefined, 19 years ago

whats going on then ?

bettersigtech.jpg

Been living on borrowed time so feck it if i die!

hello bug hunt you naughty policeman....

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Hey dave I watched transformers when I was younger too. Loved that show man. WHen is this movie you talking bout coming out. is there a website. its cool to find out someone else that watched that show.

All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen

ShadowBurn, Undefined, 19 years ago

In my opinion, AvP should have been set up like the book Aliens vs Predator: Prey. That book had a good story, setting, the female character wasn't just someone outta nowhere. Machiko had a cool background that gave her the personality to deal with such a situation. And Dachande was just plain a badass. Plus, the ending is great. Machiko at the end is living in a house on Ryushi and her house has the skull of a alien queen on top. It was just excellent. If Anderson had used that book, the movie woulda been 20x better.

shadowburn.jpg

Yeah, i really liked that book...you can tell they used some elements like the girl and pred fighting the queen in the end and the predator marks the girl before dying. i dont know, i liked the movie all the same.

~ IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.
*evil predator laugh*

well, if anderson had actually followed the AVP novel the film would have been 20x better, if you haven't read it, go get it, its worth it.

hey drone, glad there's another transformers fan here, the film is due end of this year. no website as of yet.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron