Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The original drone was taller than Grid by only a few inches at most, & actually had a more slender frame (being slightly taller does not mean more power in any way). The fact that Grid's tail was slightly larger makes little difference, as I said earlier, Grid's tail alone showed a greater display of power than anything the original alien had done using its entire body.

MonsterOfEnergy, Undefined, 16 years ago

"being slightly taller does not mean more power in any way"

WTF?

It was more than a few inches taller, more like a few feet. And that does make a deference, and it certainly wasn't more slender.

The bigger an animal is, the stronger it is, why do you think elephants are stronger than hippos?

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Dave said before they were different creature designs. The two aliens were created and made differently. Even if the alien in the first alien was larger it didn't exhibit any actions of great strength.

The bigger something is, the more it weighs, the more it weighs, the stronger it has to be to support the weight.

Further more, Grid was thrown around like a rag by a mere teenage Yuatja. And the first Alien never fought anything nearly as strong as a Yuatja, but if it had, then you would see greater strength feats than any of Grids.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The original drone was shown to be around 7ft tall, while Grid was over 6 & 1/2ft while standing on his hind legs, although for much of AVP the aliens were portrayed as being primarily quadrupedal. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that Grid was "several feet" shorter than the orginal drone, as the size difference was quite obviously nowhere near that much.

You still have yet to bring up a single valid point as to why you think the original drone was so much stronger, as all it was shown to do was overpower the human crew of the Nostromo, which would be an easy task for any xenomorph.

Thats what I was saying the alien used stealth tactics not strength and ruthlessness. Even though Grid was thrown around he managed to lift and throw a teenage Yautja around 300 Lbs and killed two Preds even though I don't like to bring it up. But it is a strong point.

Even if its inches taller, it is still significantly bigger because its no where near as scrawny as Grid. And the bigger an animal is, the more it weighs, and the more it weighs, the stronger it has to be.

Thats my valid point.

Yeah but if didn't actually kill anyone in a way that exhibits any of the great strength that it supposedly has. Also Dave made a great point that the two aliens had two different creature designs.

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think they defanetly overpowered the Predators in AvP. When any Predator encountered one, they'd be knocked off the ground in a matter of seconds despite the time Scar retrieved his Plasma Caster.

I think that this was Anderson's doing. He said he liked aliens better so he probably wanted to make the aliens powerful and brutal against the Predators because in Alien the one we saw was steathily attacking the humans. So he probably wanted to make Grid really strong and brutal to make the aliens seem like something we didn't see in Alien. Personally I think Anderson Sucks.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Since it is such an efficient organism, powerful even in a predator`s eyes, and since it can`t rely on stealth against most predators, than outpowering them should be the answer. But, as experience is very important, between a predator that has killed many aliens and an alien that has not yet been killed by a predator, the alien can only rely on strength, so if an alien is to be a match for any predator, it has to be stronger. ofcourse, getting splashed on the walls by a plasmacaster is omething aliens are pretty good at when fighting predators...

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i just think aliens and preds are nearly equaly match but i do think preds are stronger.

I never disagreed that Aliens and Yuatja are equally strong, but I disagreed that the first Alien design was larger and more powerful than Grid.

No, actually you agreed with that and disagreed with the opposite of that.

Yeah, I kind of missed up on that sentence.

I disagreed that Grid was larger and more powerful than The First Alien design.

Lucifer, Undefined, 16 years ago

well i woudl think there like us and all would vary in tehre power liek some people can barly life 45 pounds when some people are pushing 500 so i would think it would depend of the predator or the alien

I would say that if the drones are designed as a weapon, either having evolved this way or having been engineered this way, then there is not a great chance for them to be very different in physical strength and size, unless they are from very different hoasts, but that would mean disrespecting the former subleader, so i won`t say that.

Lucifer, Undefined, 16 years ago

thats what i was saying i depended on the alien how strong it was a drone isent stronger than a queen lol so diffrent types of alien diffrent amount of power

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Strength.....it varies from creature to creature, naturally height and wieght play a part in strength but not all the time, a few inches of height will not make a big difference, nor will appearance. Muscle is bigger than fat but does not always stick out as much as fat does, and why cant aliens have alittle fat?

Anyway even if the drone in Alien was slightly bigger that means nothing when thinking of with what each alien is...a drone(1st alien) and Warrior(Grid). We also have no proof that Giger's drone was stronger but due to the lack of maturity it probably wouldnt take down anything like Grid could.

Also we dont know weight difference between either of them, and that helps when lifting heavy things as you have something more sturdy to lean back or stand on.

basicly to answer the question of the topic...of course a alien could be overpowered, i dont see why not. Remember, aliens arent unstoppable.