Best/worst A/P fanfiction?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

I very rarely read fanfic (because in my experience most of it sucks), but those of you that do:

What's the best and/or worst you've read?

Mebber, Yautja, 14 years ago

Actually i don't read fanfic too... its very hard to find something really good. The most stuff is simply crude, at least what i have read. I'm writing myself, and i'm good (you would believe it if i could write german in here ;-)), so maybe i am a bit over-critical. Sure there a few good stories... you only have to find em'...

In fact this thread fits to a topic i'm thinking of in the past days, but i haven't opened a own thread because i am pinched for time. Well, i'm on sick leave right now. OK, i open a new thread^^

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Malus' fanfics for sure. I never really read them, but i like to pretend i did and say they're the best.

TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

Deathdrop: Like you said, for me most fanfics tend to suck and I rarely read any of them save for moments of boredom. That said, the ones I did read weren't anything good either. In fact they keep reminding me why I never liked the comics in the first place since the majority of them was always about the author's self insert and it's alliance with Predators to fight off Aliens (who are always written as giant bugs).

That's three strikes right there. First, I hate self insert stories. Second, I hate the idea of Predator Human team up. And third, I hate it when people describe Aliens as simple overgrown insect.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

There was one fanfic on this site that i read and found fairly interesting, but i can't remember whose it was...

the_doctor, Yautja, 14 years ago

ah the days where i used to write fanfic...how terrible they must have been

Quinn, Yautja, 14 years ago

I usually don’t read fanfic, but a few years ago i read this short story set in the alien universe. It was about this marine who was the last surviving person on his planet that had been overrun by xenos, this soldier is trapped in a room and the aliens are clawing their way in. The man has no illusions of survival, and the story is more about him accepting his fate.

That story was one of the few fanfic pieces i enjoyed. I tried to find it to post a link but i was unable.

WarBlade, Yautja, 13 years ago

with my experience never read anything that says the following. Scar, Lex, romance and rated M.

ValkyrieWrath, Yautja, 13 years ago

Yeah I've read on of those just thinking for language. I'm still trying to get the picture out of my head."shudder's."

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

mmm never saw one of those fanfic's before but since you guys say most suck I won't go read some but if there are some good ones plz give me the link.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

Aw, DW, you warm my cold heart. I'd give you a hug, but I'd rather not burn.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

But seriously, i really wanted to read them, but i never really got in the mood.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 6 years ago

Good job lad, that's the kind of reply I like to see.

Anyway, dear god, this thread is from back when Malus was still here.

tawganator, Yautja, 6 years ago

For fear of ending up in some virus ridden or just completely fucked up part of the internet I am asking you guys. Where would you go to find some AVP fanfic?

DarkLioness, Yautja, 6 years ago

FanFiction or Wattpad seems to yield the better(I use that term lightly) results and less chance of viruses. I'd say Tumblr but the stories tend to be nothing more than mangled mess coupled with indecipherable nonsense with a dash of weird teenage fantasies.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 6 years ago

http://archiveofourown.org/works/37677?view_adult=true

"Killing Elvis" is some of the best Alien fanfic I've ever read.