RPG INFO + Q&A

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

*info here is subject to change*

The idea here is that the RPG takes place on a small, Predator-controlled mining planet. This is where they mine the mineral from Pred 2(the ultra-light one that matched nothing on the periodic table)

There's an element of bogus science, but this IS an AvP RPG. The Doctor from Pred 2 said the mineral, while very durable, had almost no weight. Since the planetoid has a ton of the stuff in its molten form, solid chunks of ground slide around a lot, making certain areas of the terrain highly unstable. The more stable areas are where the Preds have the base set up.

Despite the intense heat during the day, the nights are VERY cold, and a ton of steam is produced, making visibility less than ideal.

The only life-forms are huge tree-like organisms that are inhabbited by smaller, sucker-mouthed creatures. The tree-creatures are formidable, but their numbers are dwindling. Their skeletons form forests of bone-like spires. There's only one left that's any sort of threat to the Preds.

Of course, the Colonial Marines are carrying a shipment of Aliens, and of course they escape, which of course causes the ship to crash-land on the planet.

The Xeno numbers are low, so they retreat rather than fight it out. What they don't know is that someone on the human side has a Queen chestburster on ice...

The idea here is to pull all 3 species out of their comfort zones. The Preds, for once, aren't ready for a fight and the marines have got to pull together what little weapons and equipment survived the crash, and find a way off the planet (by hijacking a Predator ship)

The smaller creatures of the planet are helpless against the Xenos, which means they have to be stopped from spreading.

So basically:

Predator objective - Kill everyone else and protect the mining outposts.

Aliens: Begin building a hive and recover the Queen; kill everyone else.

Marines: Get off the stinking planet by hijacking a Predator ship.

Call it an experiment: It's a little more restrictive story-wise than earlier ones, but will make up for (we hope) it with some interesting roleplaying.

So, any questions/comments?

black_warrior, Yautja, 14 years ago

Date, Time, Signup Deadline....sorry if those have been answered already.

We'll have sign-ups on Wensday if everything goes according to plan. The others haven't been finalised yet, but watch this space.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Weyland Yutani/DBO??? Anything?

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

Do the humans have any interest in the predator mining operations?

Waralien, Yautja, 14 years ago

Well I'll be interested in joining, but idk when I'll be on again. So if the sign up comes, just list my name down for SS. If anything comes up to prevent me from joining the fight, I'll let you know before it starts.

More of a general question to the peeps, not really to DD. Are the aliens still too few to fight eachoter? Or is tehre any chance for two rival hives in this RPG? Like a resident hive and the hive the humans brought, trying to take over.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

I was kind of hoping for something like this. The traditional formula of the hunt was getting kind of old.

Well, there are only a few of us, so I guess the Alien could be in one hive. I'll be participating in this one representing the Shadow Serpents if Angus doesn't join.

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

hey i've never done one of these before so can i sign up or not and if i can where do i?

Have you read the rules, DS? Because you should, if you want to know the rules of the RPG on this site. The link is in my sig, where the big red text says "READ THE RULES". An RPG means a lot of writing and with a lot of attention. Have you seen what the past RPG's look like?

yes i have (four time)

The general idea was to avoid clans and just have everyone fight on their respective species' side. There's certainly wiggle room with humans, though, as we're thinking of having a few WY agents in deep cover with the marines.

As for Preds, we could probably fit a bad blood or two in, as a mining colony isn't exactly the glorious honor Preds strive for.

Individuals can have their own motivations in addition to the main goals. This will depend a lot on how certain people choose to play.

Yeah but DBO, do we have any interest there or do i have to make my own plot again?

so can i?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

@DS: Sure, if you don't end up like that other new guy who laughed when getting shot at, caught every single bullet he dodged and threw them back at his opponent with pin-point accuracy.

DBO is that joint pred/human clan, right? You may have to make up a different version of your RPG character to fit it in.

me?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

No DEATHSTALKER, DeathDrop was talking about DeathWraith and his clan. You can join in the rpg as bloo said, I would suggest you check out the rules topic and make sure you know all the rpg rules.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 14 years ago

I like it I'm defintly going to sign up for this one and no god dammed writers block is gonna stop me this time!

So you mean my clan is not going to be in the RPG... Well that's nice, i guess i can relax then. Heh and it's only the second time in my history here that a clan i'm in gets this shit.

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

Springing off DW's idea to make the aliens fight each other, would the guys over at Hunter's Moon like to have a territory conflict over control of the mining complex? Since there is such a large number of preds here, it could make the fighting a bit more balanced.