Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

There could possibly be different factions of Predators since saving an important mining operation could bring honor to a clan. That'll depend more on how people play it than anything.

We might be able to have 2 different hives of aliens escape the ship to mix things up, but I just hope we have enough Xenos for that.

My only fear with this many factions is that it will get confusing, but that's what the discussion topic will be for I guess.

DW: Sorry you feel that way, but it's hard to make an RPG work perfectly for all 7+ clans.

StoneHeart, Yautja, 14 years ago

I'd like to join in, if I still can, so, the Preds going to be fighting each other too, cool, so clan vs clan, or random groups of like 3 to 5 or something?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

How about we were secretely hired by the government to go there and kill everything so they can take over, attacking marines as well so that the Weyland-Yutani doesn't become suspicious and start a war against the marines? That's what mercenaries are for.

Maybe the ship was rigged to explode and you guys were sent in to "clean up" so to speak?

The official report will read that the ship accidentally wandered into the wrong side of space and was shot down by the Preds. The marines were wiped out, but took the majority of the hostiles with them, leaving clean-up squads to take care of the rest.

And wouldn't you know it, there just happened to be some interesting stuff left on the planet...

For the government, it's a win-win. The decimated Marines will drum up patriotism, and the gov gets Predator tech and a very useful mineral.

See, it's not that hard. So is the DBO in?

No, I just typed all that out for nothing :)

I'll have to Ok it with PV2 (it was his idea to begin with) but it seems pretty likely that you guys will be in.

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

hey where do i sign up i've read the rules and it doesnt say anything so where and when

delta-boy, Yautja, 14 years ago

For our clan WY, the Marines went in, got the SHIT beaten out of them, the few remnants left over have discovered about the Predators colony and such and the Hives, since the Marines are goody-two-shoes, they decide the people of Earth need to know of this, the Company, in a state of shock that they might know to much send in WY Corp to clean up the mess, get the data out and elminate all AD personnal?

Sounds good to me :)

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

Except the marines weren't 'going in' anywhere they crash landed and stumbled upon the predator mining facility. They're main goal is to get the hell out off the rock and warn the outside world. As far as I know your clan comes in by having a bunch of imposters in the marine unit. When the ship crash landed a bunch of systems were destoryed, the marines are unable to send out a distress signal, hince why they need to get a predator ship.

In any case, my clan was around and we get a message from the government through which we get hired to kill fucking everything so that they can later take over the mining site with relative ease, does that work?

Way to gut the storyline,

I'd like to create a decent entry story for you and your clan better than: "We heard a non-existent distress signal so we flew down, shot a few bugs and left."

I dunno, maybe you and your clan members could be some secretly captured cargo on the marine ship that broke out when the aliens did.

How did i gut the storyline? Did you read what i was talking with DD? That was just a vague thing i wrote there, not the whole... thing. My clan are mercenaries. We get hired. What i'm saying doesn't affect what you had planned for the RPG and so far you've only released small versions of the plot for each clans, so why get pissy at me?

So far i undestand your plot like this: The marines crashland on a planet near what proves to be a Yautja mining site. The predators are just there because it's their mines. The aliens either come with the marines' cargo and the WY are infiltrated among the marines. Now completely without their knowledge, the moment they find out that there's a precious mine on the colony, members of the government, i don't know either from some colony or on board the ship, contact us telling us to help them get the colony and to make it look like they're not involved. Shit, for all i care, you can even make up my own conversation and make me sound gay. But my clan is my clan and my ship is my ship. And my shit is my shit. And we all bathe in it. Else we don't ever feel complete.

What?

I was responding to your short crack on the last page, I was too lazy to read the rest of your post. As long as DD okay's what you have, I'm happy with it.

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

hey where do i sign!!!!!!!!!

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 14 years ago

OR:

Weyland-Yutani have been lookin for the Yautja homeworld ever since they learned about the Yautja's existence. So far, the closest they've been to success was when Alpha Draconis attempted to board a Yautja Clanship, but that failed miserably.

With captured information from thier battles on Earth and capturing the Space Jockey Weapon (whatever the hell it is, tests are still ongoing), they have located a Yautja planet. Not a major one, but it is a step forward. Using thier contacts in the government, they were able to sneak a few agents aboard a USCM Cruiser, and arranged for it to crash-land on the planet.

Some of W-Y (the saboteurs) are still with the marines, feeding information back to the Company. They need to somehow get off-world, and gather as much information they can on other Yautja Worlds, as well as capture Predtech. The survival of the marines, is as always, a secondary goal.

OR: Weyland-Yutani isn't the main character in everything.

(notice the coolface, notice the coolface)

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

One of the main points for this RP was that every side was unprepared for a fight. Making W-Y aware of what is happening spoils that somewhat. Also, I don't think we can count Burning Light in the site RP canon.

Well if that's the point of the plot then i guess we gotta change MY side of the story too. Unless you've already worked on it, we can make it like so: Saysell was infiltrated with the marines again, so he's on the ship. Leandros was infiltrated with the mine predators. And i was in as a prisoner or a mine worker or something. The Melanie is in orbit, she gets the message from the marines' ship, she sends it to the only one who can receive it, which is saysell and that's how he finds out that we're around here somewhere. But he can't warn us.

The burning light was never an official rpg anyway, this story is stand alone there is no link between it and any other rpg storyline on this site. The only way for any humans to get on the planet is by that crashed transport ship. No bullshit secret signals were put out, no one had a vision or dream this happened, if your character is human and you want to participate in this rpg you'll have to adjust your story so it fits with that transport.

Most of the rpgs were set in space or at least start in space, we wanted to get away from this.

delta-boy, Yautja, 14 years ago

Or for WY, to make it much easier, where captured by the Marines and where held in a holding bay for the time being while the Marines figured what what to do with them, but got out evidently when the ship crashed with the Aliens. (Some admin mentioned this earlier, forget which... )